Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLR 4WD 1/10 Rumors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I believe we are all missing the point of this news.

A new 4wd buggy potentially based on the XX-4 can only mean one thing; a new Street Weapon!

Make it happen TLR.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mschumi101
It seems to me based on the pictures showing the chassis: that it will have a similar electronic set up to a B44, but with the motor facing the center to drive the belts. It looks like there is something possibly cut out of the bottom to be a vent for the motor? And then use a saddle or shorty across the far back of the buggy because it is wider there... Just what it appeared like to me

The XX4 Worlds Edition has a cutout in the chassis to lower the motor for a low CG.

But that wouldn't make sense here (opposite side and it appears the clicker assembly is on that side). Not sure what the cutout is for....

I know Dyno was a huge fan of the geometry of the XX4 and the motor placement. Can't wait to see the internals.

Quote from Dyno on the XX4 thread in Feb 2012:

I think you evaluation and suggestions for the car are dead on. The 3 belt drivetrain allows the motor to be placed perfectly. there is nothing that compares to driving the 3 belt system. The car is whisper quiet and acellerates incredibly well.

Last edited by skrichter; 08-13-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Not a fan of the belt drive at all. I find it odd that TLR has been so quiet about this car but yeasterday numerous pictures hit the internet. I mean if Losi really wanted to keep the car under wraps they simply would not have drove it while the press was around. The whole "spy" shot story seems bogus to me......... But I like what they are doing build up the excitement. The whole story where someone slips up at the euros and mentions the tlr 4x4. The staff at TLR are sure having fun, and thats what RC racing should be all about. I think there is little doubt that the new car will be at the worlds.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
It's still a Losi, just underneath the Horizon name. A lot of the same great people are there doing all the design and R&D on the TLR kits.

Yep! With the likes of a couple of multi-time IFMAR World Champions, Jukka Steenari and David Spashett... Adam Drake, who's a a multi-time National and International Champion... Richard Trujillo who's been with the company since the mid/early 1990's... and Todd Hodge, who's been with Losi/Horizon since things REALLY took off for them (1999, I think)!

All of these guys who have been with Losi/Horizon for all these years, they've all had crucial roles in the design and production of some of the best Losi cars, in existence:

- XX and XX-T(and CR/BK/G+)
- GTX
- XX-4 (and WLE)
- Street Weapon (and IWC)
- Rally Weapon
- NXT
- XXX and XXX-T (and Spec/BK/BK2/MF/MF2)
- XXX-NT (and AD/AD2)
- XXX-4 (and G+)
- XXX-CR and XXX-T CR
- XXX-S (and G+)
- 810 Buggy
- 8IGHT and 8IGHT-T
- 8IGHT-E
- 8IGHT 2.0 and 8IGHT-T 2.0
- XXX-SCT and XXX-SCB
- 8IGHT-E 2.0
- 22 and 22T
- TEN-T
- TEN-SCTE
- all of the 1/14, 1/16, 1/18, 1/24, and 1/36 cars (lol)
- 22SCT
- TEN-SCTE 2.0
- 8IGHT 3.0 and 8IGHT-E 3.0
- 22 2.0 (then the 22T 2.0 and 22SCT 2.0)
- and ultimately the newest and sexiest.. TLR 22-4 or TLR XX-4 2.0!!!!

Some might argue, the above cars that've been pumped out of the Losi headquarters, have in a way, defined some of the current classes we enjoy racing today!!! And these are just SOME of the guys (to name a very few) who are responsible for designing, development, and producing cars, like the new Losi 4wd Buggy that we finally saw pictures of yesterday.... Then you've got even more talent and experience, with the likes of many others, from deep within the laboratories at Losi/Horizon - Miller, Root, Hodge, Gahan, Dunford, Whistler, etc..

There's just a huge capacity of ingenuity going into the development of new products from TLR, and I truly couldn't be any more excited about what's to come from this talented group of individuals, that makes up Team Losi Racing!

Hence why I'm a die-hard Losi guy for life!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Talking XX4

What has changed in todays tracks compared to the tracks of the 90s is the tracks today are super smooth compared to the 90s. That being said, the XXX4 was starting to seem like a pretty good competition car Many indoor tracks don't have large jumps or rough surfaces. This is where the XX4 excelled greatly. Now the tracks are so smooth in some cases, I could bring out my Losi XXXs and put some offroad/rally tires on it and it would still do well in some cases. ( I surely would like to test)

The XX4 and XXX4 are very brittle and you need to be a driver that drives these cars and not the kind of person who rams into others because if you are that kind of driver, you will be broken on the side because the cars could not take a hit.

I'm glad Losi is coming out with a more stout XX4 type car. I can't wait til more pics come out re the car.

BTW - for those of you that are a fan of old school electronics, I still have a Novak Cyclone and a 9 turn Brushed motor in my XX4. I still have a few NIMH batteries as well that are new. Most of the time, having a brushless system is overkill on a tight track. I use to think torque was something that brushless systems didn't have compared to brushed systems, but now, I don't know.

I have over 30 brushed motors and a ton of brushes and find it hard to make the switch when I have soo much money in the old stuff, Sooo I run them til they break and then go the the next one.

When the new car comes out, I will have a brushless system in it.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Talking Cars

Funny enough. I still own

XX and XX-T(and CR/BK/G+)
- XX-4 (and WLE)
- Street Weapon (and IWC)
- Rally Weapon (looking for one)
- XXX and XXX-T (and Spec/BK/BK2/MF/MF2)
- XXX-NT (and AD/AD2)
- XXX-4 (and G+)
- XXX-CR and XXX-T CR
- XXX-S (and G+)
- 8IGHT
- 22 and 22T (maybe coming later)
- 22 2.0 (maybe later)
- and ultimately the newest and sexiest.. TLR 22-4 or TLR XX-4 2.0!!!! (No question, will have one at least)
Old 08-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am buying an esc and motor and letting them sit until this buggy is released, then they will go in the wheeler, and I will then have a desire to run 2 classes
Old 08-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

I'm currently running a 22, a pair of 22SCT's and a B44.2- looking forward to wheeling the new TLR24 or 44, or XX22.4 or whatever. Mmmmmm, belts..one way...clicker....tune-ability

Also, this resurgence of 4wd cars can only help everyone improve their platforms, benefiting all of us
Old 08-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious
I'm currently running a 22, a pair of 22SCT's and a B44.2- looking forward to wheeling the new TLR24 or 44, or XX22.4 or whatever. Mmmmmm, belts..one way...clicker....tune-ability

Also, this resurgence of 4wd cars can only help everyone improve their platforms, benefiting all of us
It will also blow up the class.

Watch the RCtech classifieds when this car releases. B44.2's XB4's, etc on blowout prices for everyone running to get some TLR goodness.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Captcha
It will also blow up the class.

Watch the RCtech classifieds when this car releases. B44.2's XB4's, etc on blowout prices for everyone running to get some TLR goodness.
You know it!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Didn't somebody mention over a year ago that the new 4wd would be based on the xx4 platform? I could have sworn I heard or read that somewhere.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Did anyone else notice that the shocks have a "24" stamped on one and then the other side you can see a "R"? What does that make the model name? 24 XXR?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big chris
Did anyone else notice that the shocks have a "24" stamped on one and then the other side you can see a "R"? What does that make the model name? 24 XXR?
All I see is the same "TLR" stamp that is on the shock caps of all their other vehicles.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mschumi101
It seems to me based on the pictures showing the chassis: that it will have a similar electronic set up to a B44, but with the motor facing the center to drive the belts. It looks like there is something possibly cut out of the bottom to be a vent for the motor? And then use a saddle or shorty across the far back of the buggy because it is wider there... Just what it appeared like to me
If you are familiar with the xx4, you'll see that its a revised xx4 layout. the spot on the bottom of the chassis is most likely a plastic drop in that allows the spur gear not to rub the almn chassis - like happens in the original xx4 if you try to an 84/86 spur gear in it.

It is a very nicely revised xx4. Simple, tough, and sexy!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
The XX4 Worlds Edition has a cutout in the chassis to lower the motor for a low CG.

But that wouldn't make sense here (opposite side and it appears the clicker assembly is on that side). Not sure what the cutout is for....

I know Dyno was a huge fan of the geometry of the XX4 and the motor placement. Can't wait to see the internals.

Quote from Dyno on the XX4 thread in Feb 2012:

I think you evaluation and suggestions for the car are dead on. The 3 belt drivetrain allows the motor to be placed perfectly. there is nothing that compares to driving the 3 belt system. The car is whisper quiet and acellerates incredibly well.
+1 on all accounts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.