Wiki Posts
Search

CVD Shaft pin removal tool???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default CVD Shaft pin removal tool???

I know this have been talked ab out before but I am curious if anyone have any issues with the MUGEN pin removal tool or the King headz Bonesaver? I am planning to buy one as soon as possible but I have no i dea which one works better, the hudy is too expensive but i know it works well and i know its worth it but I dont have enough coin right at this time.
I already replace my cvd/drive shaft about 3 times now and they are expensive.
BTW i have losi 8ight!!

any feedback will be appreciated thank you
Old 03-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

if u ever plan on coming to thunder alley u can use mine...I might be at rev next thursday...I have the hudy one..Got it from a friend that retired from racing...I have not used it yet
Old 03-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by only8ight
I know this have been talked ab out before but I am curious if anyone have any issues with the MUGEN pin removal tool or the King headz Bonesaver? I am planning to buy one as soon as possible but I have no i dea which one works better, the hudy is too expensive but i know it works well and i know its worth it but I dont have enough coin right at this time.
BTW i have losi 8ight!!

contact greg here.... http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/greg-b.html

super nice guy and im sure he can help you out.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
if u ever plan on coming to thunder alley u can use mine...I might be at rev next thursday...I have the hudy one..Got it from a friend that retired from racing...I have not used it yet
thanks brother for the great offer, thats really nice! but i dont go to rev anymore, i used to 6 years ago I only go to my local indoor track now, will you sell it? just asking.... thanks again.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

BTW i have losi 8ight!!

I ve this one and love it! It is $99 though...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...placement-Tool
Old 03-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
I ve this one and love it! It is $99 though...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...placement-Tool
yup i heard it is good and its worth it but i have no extra coin on me and its really expensive. thanks for the input though.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

yup i heard it is good and its worth it but i have no extra coin on me and its really expensive. thanks for the input though.
Yeah, its a great tool, I got tired of trying to track one down and borrow it so I bit the bullet and bought one.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
Yeah, its a great tool, I got tired of trying to track one down and borrow it so I bit the bullet and bought one.
I should've bought that tool in the beggining cause i already spent same amount of money for buying cvd's.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Suspended

The real solution to this problem would be if the manufactures would just make it so the pin was held in place by a set screw. Sweet Crispy Jesus, I love being so smart.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I had the bone saver type and I recently put it in the garbage. It worked great on durango, mugen and losi for me until I went to use it on associated pins for an rc8be. I broke two bolts on it. I then borrowed my friends hudy tool and it would not budge them either. So, I would not buy any tool if you are trying to remove the associated pins.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

we use a vise that has a diamond shaped hole cut out, you put the pin in the hole and hammer the pin down. once its flush use a pin punch and countersink it a bit once its counter sunk you put the new pin in and hammer it til its centered. sounds complicated but it is really simple.

http://www.amazon.com/Palmgren-12303...1354539&sr=1-5
Old 03-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmackani
I had the bone saver type and I recently put it in the garbage. It worked great on durango, mugen and losi for me until I went to use it on associated pins for an rc8be. I broke two bolts on it. I then borrowed my friends hudy tool and it would not budge them either. So, I would not buy any tool if you are trying to remove the associated pins.
i have losi even if i live a few miles away from associated
Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jnslprd
we use a vise that has a diamond shaped hole cut out, you put the pin in the hole and hammer the pin down. once its flush use a pin punch and countersink it a bit once its counter sunk you put the new pin in and hammer it til its centered. sounds complicated but it is really simple.

http://www.amazon.com/Palmgren-12303...1354539&sr=1-5
i would start with a little more safer cause its my fist time.. I love my fingers .. thanks for the input
Old 03-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

no matter what it takes hammering. The vise also has a lot of other uses. I wish I was ready to do mine again I would video it, it really is so simple 6 pins takes 10 minutes.

Last edited by jnslprd; 03-09-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: 3rd grade spelling and grammer
Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jnslprd
no matter what it takes hammering. The vise also has a lot of other uses. I wish I was ready to do mine again I would video it, it really is so simple 6 pins takes 10 minutes.
yea I wish you could make video of it. thanks for the input though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.