Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
Thanks. Looks like it's an RT6 body.
Yes, that is the RT6 jconcepts body I believe. I fit a Proline Bulldog RT6 on mine. Little modification with a heat gun to get over rear shock tower. Make sure to get mid motor.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not a close shot but all I have, the RT6 Jcon fits great, I modified my rear tower and cut the brace on the top so the body would sit in between the tower. Have done many many races and no issues with the rear tower breaking.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pittster
Not a close shot but all I have, the RT6 Jcon fits great, I modified my rear tower and cut the brace on the top so the body would sit in between the tower. Have done many many races and no issues with the rear tower breaking.

Looking good. Like your color schemes!! I have a rear carbon fiber shock tower and its cut lower. That little plastic brace on the stock I think is worthless anyway. Before i switched towers that little brace was cracked and I didn't even know it. LOL. Who knows how long I ran with it like that.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Raced mine at the Short Course National at Coventry last Sunday (they accommodate Stadium Trucks too) and it was the first time this year I've completed every race I've started, up until now I've broken down at least once at every race meeting I've been to. Sunday was different though as the DEST210 was very reliable, just issues with handling meant i was at best 1.5 seconds off the pace of the two T5m's in front of me. No matter what fronts I used i just over steered everywhere. Decided I need a half reasonable transmitter, or at least one that I can turn the steering rate down on...that's what everyone else seems to run
Old 07-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stadium
Raced mine at the Short Course National at Coventry last Sunday (they accommodate Stadium Trucks too) and it was the first time this year I've completed every race I've started, up until now I've broken down at least once at every race meeting I've been to. Sunday was different though as the DEST210 was very reliable, just issues with handling meant i was at best 1.5 seconds off the pace of the two T5m's in front of me. No matter what fronts I used i just over steered everywhere. Decided I need a half reasonable transmitter, or at least one that I can turn the steering rate down on...that's what everyone else seems to run
Glad u had a great day of racing. Hope you get the steering figured out and pass those T5's. If your running stock steering try the furthest hole toward the rear on the inside linkage.

Last edited by WallyRC; 07-06-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by WallyRC
If your running stock steering try the furthest hole toward the rear on the inside linkage.
Thanks, I'll give that a try
Old 07-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Tech Initiate

A weird sort of day practising today, started off on a damp track and at the end of the straight it was like I ran out of range so carried on around for a few minutes just to be sure it was and it was, with a new transmitter/receiver. Repostioned the receiver away from the motor a bit more (I knew it was a long shot but worth a try) and that didn't work either so put my old gear back in. On the track it was handling terrible but i thought I'd struggle on and get used to the track conditions a bit more. After a few minutes a driveshaft popped out, refitted and carried on and within a lap the same thing happened then a third time. After a quick look a noticed the rear arm had broken around the hinge pin. I replaced the arm and the over steer I'd suffered since building the truck had gone...only thing I can think of is that the wishbone had been cracked for awhile but not broke and certain conditions would make it twist and bend slightly a certain way affecting the steering.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

That's strange about the radio.. Usually tracts aren't large enough to loose signal. Wonder if u got a bad receiver.

About the rear arms. I have had that happen a few times myself. I went to the steel wire twisted around the arm, works great.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by WallyRC
That's strange about the radio.. Usually tracts aren't large enough to loose signal. Wonder if u got a bad receiver.

About the rear arms. I have had that happen a few times myself. I went to the steel wire twisted around the arm, works great.

I have been running on 1/8th tracks but all the same there shouldn't be a problem with range as 3 other people I know haven't had a problem with same gear so it must be either tranny or receiver so I guess I'll have to get another receiver to see if its that.

After I found the broken arm I knew then I'd have to do the mod for it when i can find some suitable wire
Old 07-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Getting some tire/rim run on front of front A-arms. Are you guys grinding down the arms a bit to make more clearance?? Trying to get more steering

Thanks
Old 07-26-2016, 04:08 AM
Tech Initiate

More steering, I'm still trying to shed steering, although I've finally found some tyres that give me understeer

I know what you mean though about the wheels catching the arms and have been wondering if that is causing any issues like if one wheel is slowing up faster than the other is it likely to cause the truck to oversteer.

What I might do is move the ball up on the servo arm so it doesn't steer as far.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Over the weekend my RT6 body arrived. I've rough cut the body to start trying to fit it. Overall it looks like it should fit well once I raise up the front body posts.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Initiate

A few pics of my friends Durango (the white one) and mine racing recently

Old 07-26-2016, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Man.... I've been searching for the body everywhere and I cant find it. how is other body's fitting on this truck? I just got another dest210 after I sold mine I figure I missed the ST so I got another one.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

I've asked a body maker over here in the UK if he can make some bodies but I'm still waiting to here back from him. Think they'll work out too expensive anyway but it's worth a try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.