Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

HRP never owned TD. They are the sole US distributor and will probably be for some time.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
HRP never owned TD. They are the sole US distributor and will probably be for some time.
Now that Hobbico owns TD, I see Great Planes becoming the new distributer pretty soon unless they have a deal between HRP & GP.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BLbound
Now that Hobbico owns TD, I see Great Planes becoming the new distributer pretty soon unless they have a deal between HRP & GP.
TD and HRP still have a binding contract for US distribution. Hobbico isn't doing anything to interfere with that.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

?

Last edited by cnelson3; 03-24-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Still pretty excited about this truck...St class used to be my favorite back in the day. I was tempted to get a 22t, losi's LXT used to be my favorite truck, but I'm really interested in what Durango has to offer so I'll wait.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

TD and HRP still have a binding contract for US distribution. Hobbico isn't doing anything to interfere with that.
I emailed HRP and they are not the issue, see the email response I have from them. Distribution will not change the amount of parts actually being MADE.

Hello you have contacted Team durango/HRP we have hundreds upon hundreds of every item you listed on order with TDR It is not of our doing that key items are not available state side or around the world for that matter. They have had cash flow problems from the start as they are an entry level company with no backing or investors. That problem has recenlty been solved I hope with the purchase of Team Durango from King Star to Hobbico. Hobbico has a huge cash flow opportunity for Team Durango and we should start to notice the change very soon like end of this month soon we should start seeing higher fill rates to even complete fill rates of some items and it will only be getting better.

As for the components they have and have not shipped us yet, I find it odd as well. Alot of the wear and tear items like rims, transmission parts and items like the tranny case that where items designed with function and space limitations over durability, those would have been my first items to manufacture and produce as replacement parts as they will and are needed sometimes the same day as kits are available, but that is not what it appears they have done. These are also the most expensive parts possibly to manufacture and they probably made the decision to make 5 seperate replacement parts rather then 1 for the same amout of cost and or time, because of their cash flow issues. So instead of tranny cases which is a pretty expensive part to produce as they can only shoot one per injection cycle and is a very long injection cyle due to the critical nature the part is accurate. They probably oppted for bumpers, arms and shock towers which make multiple items per injection cycle with much shorter injection cycles and can be produced potentially at the same cost all together as just one tranny case would cost to produce qhite possibly. I think volume out weighed priority for them just based on my own opinion what has been released as repalcement parts so far. Items that seem slow to reproduce and or costly to reproduce seem to be the items taking the longest for them to release and or out sourcing items aswell seem to be taking a long time aswell like diff rings and etc.

Again the Hobbico purchase of Team Durango should fix all these issues pretty much immediatley after the purchase. Our first order fulfilment since the purchase of TDR by Hobbico should be shipping out this week I am hoping and will see how much better it is in just a few short weeks from the purchase. I think it will be significant somewhere in the ballpark of 50 to 60% higher fillrates from what we where getting and probably 30 to 40% higher on items we have not gotten at all yet. No, that is not 100% fill rates of what we have on order it may be the end of May before they can keep up or have product ready before we order it as right now they are 3 months behind it may take a few months to get to 100% order fill rate, but I certainly see that as a posibility in the very near future, because of this purchase. When you are a new ultra small company lenders just wont lend you very much money at a time. Now that they have backing with a rather large capital this should vastly improve the situation quite rapidly.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

My thread title got ninja changed...sad.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My thread title got ninja changed...sad.
looks like they changed everything away from "official" threads since people would just start multiple threads with "official" in the title anyway
Old 03-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BLbound
Still pretty excited about this truck...St class used to be my favorite back in the day. I was tempted to get a 22t, losi's LXT used to be my favorite truck, but I'm really interested in what Durango has to offer so I'll wait.
PRIMETIME!!!! The buggy is pretty dialed, the truck should be just as good.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TAMAK
I emailed HRP and they are not the issue, see the email response I have from them. Distribution will not change the amount of parts actually being MADE.
Parts availability is already much improved and will continue to improve as we work with our suppliers. Yes - things haven't been ideal and we are fully aware and doing everything we can to improve things.
Most people that work at TD are racers themselves - we know the frustrations you guys have as even if you don't break anything you want to know the parts are in your pit box or on the shelf to fix it.

All I can say is hang on in there - we are a young company and we're doing our best to support you guys.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Team Tekin

A little teaser for you all:
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEST210R thread-20120318_112319.jpg  
Old 03-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
A little teaser for you all:
saw it on FB first, I wish they would come with white rims to match my buggy, that would be awesome

also are we gonna see teaser shots of the body?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thing looks nice but ST is dead in my area.....I'm waiting for the SC
Old 03-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the picture Randy.

Truck looks really nice. Can't wait to see what the body looks like.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

God i hope st makes a comeback. I cant stand sct. Hope all the hacks stick with it and the real racers go back to st

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.