Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XSCT Thread.. released by K2RC

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What do you mean before they wanted us too? He posted it himself on the xray forums 6 or 7 months ago..he even left his email address and said not to hesitate to ask him questions, and that it was about to be released.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iwannatt
What do you mean before they wanted us too? He posted it himself on the xray forums 6 or 7 months ago..he even left his email address and said not to hesitate to ask him questions, and that it was about to be released.
Originally I believe it was to show XRay that we want them to make this truck. Try and spark some interest with them to reconsider this idea.

Yes they showed us a prototype of a truck they designed and X-ray did not want to take the design and develope it. Even though it is 75% their parts already short corse is not a direction they are interested in prosuing. So K2RC starts their own RC company and must find venders that can mass produce the parts at the same quality and level that we all want to see in an X-ray based SC truck. Then they need to retest with said parts to make sure we don't snap a arm every time we crash or twist the end off a cv when landing on the throttle. Packaging, instruction, distribution, overhead; there is a lot to do from the ground up. If they want this to be legal in all racing it has to be a kit packaged and sold as a 4w SC truck. If they just made arms and axles and let everyone part it out themselves then you would not be able to run this at the Scotty Ernest Short Course Showdown events. Rules state no 1/8 conversions. Just part of racing, if you are afraid one chassis will dominate the class then make a rule to eliminate it. I have seen this little foot note on more than a couple event fliers. Who knows the rules in other countries but I am sure they want to sell this product world wide.

Stuff happens and things change. One can only assume X-ray quality is hard to copy. No one would want to put their name on a s---- product that was their first RC chassis in this industry with all the big companies that do this now. You go big with unmatched quality and performance or go home. I will wait...
Old 06-20-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes I will continue waiting as well. I'm in no real hurry and nothing else has been produced with this kind of quality so I have no desire for any of the other SCT's......lol I'll just keep my slash till then!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hope in one hand and poop in the other ! See which one gets filled first !

Even if they did finally release it I don't believe many would buy it because of this thread , all that hype and then just a big let down
Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Legend

Really disappointed X-Ray chicken out with their 4x4 ......

Was looking forward to owning a few with my RC10 , O well ....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 06-20-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

I'll wait too.....I have made my own conversion...not quite within roar width rules, but baddass none the less..
I was driving my desc410 on a big rough track and couldnt control it. Put the desc body on my 808 conversion and went back to the track and people were like
"damn you got that dialed now"! Nope my buggy with sc wheels mounts and body.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Iwannatt
I'll wait too.....I have made my own conversion...not quite within roar width rules, but baddass none the less..
I was driving my desc410 on a big rough track and couldnt control it. Put the desc body on my 808 conversion and went back to the track and people were like
"damn you got that dialed now"! Nope my buggy with sc wheels mounts and body.
Thats all well and good , but to race it against other 1/10s is basicly cheating IF it isnt narrowed to meet the class specs . I have no problem with these conversions IF they meet the specs of the class but wider IS better and gives an unfair advantage IMO ....
Old 06-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

@ Cameron kellogg - you nailed it, that's pretty much the gist of it

Xray was stone cold when it came to accommodating Kurt, leaving him to source a lot of parts he planned on getting straight from them..... Everything is coming along well though
Old 06-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Hope in one hand and poop in the other ! See which one gets filled first !

Even if they did finally release it I don't believe many would buy it because of this thread , all that hype and then just a big let down

Maybe you should crap in both hands and wait patiently then? As the poster above stated, a curve ball was thrown to Kurt and he's working through it diligently!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bosshog64
Maybe you should crap in both hands and wait patiently then? As the poster above stated, a curve ball was thrown to Kurt and he's working through it diligently!
No thanks , I like racing not waiting like you XRay guys .....
Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have an update for everyone straight from K2RC -

Firstly thank you for your patience. It has been a long, hard road for us as well. I am typing this from my cell phone, in an airport, during a layover on my way to the ROAR Nats. I can't login to RCT for some reason so I am having anonymous post via email for me. This was the first opportunity away from the shop to sit and put into words the events as they have unfolded over the past few months.
Upon the original release of the xsct we were informed that XRay would not be supporting us with parts. Considering the obvious dollar to be made on, at the time, soon to be unavailable parts we found XRay's decision to be quite a shock. They discontinued the one achilles heel to the entire project... the cvds.
Since that announcement to us we have been frantically searching for an alternate manufacturer. After months of researching and hundreds of phone calls a suitable manufacturer was located, prototypes made and that hurdle conquered.
With the cvd issue solved we turned our attention to the suspension arms. The arms will be cnc machined units. The first production prototypes are being cut as of this writing and should be in our hands within a week and a half.
At that point the decision had to be made to either encompass the new XB9 or continue with what we had and source a chassis manufacturer. The decision was made to incorporate the XB9. So over the course of the past two weeks WBD has reworked the drawings and a new platform was born. However, we felt the need to retain the older drawings for those who have an older version. So we will be offering three kits.
2011 808 conversion
XB9 Conversion
XB9 based kit
With all that being said I would like to apologize for the lack of recent information. We felt it best to continue to push forward in an effort to bring a better product to market. So at this point we can officially say the XSCT is back on track and trusted release information will be coming soon. As soon as the arms hit my desk and one of the prototypes does some track testing we will be able to give an accurate production time frame.
Lastly to all the haters, naysayers and otherwise. Prepare for the onslaught. A new generation of legal sct is finally just around the corner.
Wes Brown - engineer
Kurt Kellum - owner
K2RC
Old 06-21-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Cool.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Ohh boyyy
Old 07-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Yellow
Old 07-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Wow! Sounds like you guys are really working hard on the truck! I'm very impressed with your dedication to the project...I wish you guys well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.