Wiki Posts
Search

XSCT Thread.. released by K2RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Culetto
I can tell you ive been hunting and trying different driveshafts for a long time now, starting with a live axle mbx6 short course project and, unfortunately, its not that easy. They really need to be closer to 80-85mm to really narrow it up. And if they are switching to a 12mm hex style its probably going to be even harder.
My guess is thay they are just using the DE 17mm SC wheels.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Who has actually seen this truck in person? If I can get a witness I might think about buying an 808e and converting that back.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have seen both of the test trucks, they're real!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

We all have all heard that on here every 2 months or so and then blank info,Thats why my losi will beat this truck regardless if i see it here.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is it the losi or because your awesome?
Old 05-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Josh Wheeler is one of the driver who has driven this truck he is at the local indoor normally. Ill head there tomorrow to see if he is around and ask whats going on with it.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bosshog64
Is it the losi or because your awesome?
Partly the truck and its current setup,im definately not awesome but josh wheeler is being awesome he is one of the bigdogs
Old 05-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jtipsy
Josh Wheeler is one of the driver who has driven this truck he is at the local indoor normally. Ill head there tomorrow to see if he is around and ask whats going on with it.
Thanks man it would be nice to keep the people who are actually interested in the truck updated as there has been no type of release info in a long time,I dont really want this truck because i have invested alot of money and setup in my losi to buy another platform,I just wanna see more competition and this is definately competition in my areaJosh wheeler a local for you?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

U guys should just let this thread die, its not happening
Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx
U guys should just let this thread die, its not happening
Old 05-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The Mugen guys are getting their MBX6's down too legal width with just an CVD change and cutting down the front a arms , maybe you guys wanting an 1/8th scale based truck should look into going that route ?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Updates?? They have been on here and have explained the problems about xray not wanting to make the correct cvds for it and they have been looking for other company's to produce them you can't just go to Walmart and buy a cvd..... A manual you want to see??? How can someone make a manual if they don't have the production parts to put in the manual??? IT'S SIMPLE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WAIT THEN MOVE on and stop your bitching and bad mouthing people that you don't even know. Kurt is a factory driver for Xray and can't spend every spare second of his life getting on here explaining to every body every little detail or problem he has had with the truck and why would he even want to when you are talking bad about him and the truck he is trying to produce
Old 05-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jammin57
Updates?? They have been on here and have explained the problems about xray not wanting to make the correct cvds for it and they have been looking for other company's to produce them you can't just go to Walmart and buy a cvd..... A manual you want to see??? How can someone make a manual if they don't have the production parts to put in the manual??? IT'S SIMPLE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WAIT THEN MOVE on and stop your bitching and bad mouthing people that you don't even know. Kurt is a factory driver for Xray and can't spend every spare second of his life getting on here explaining to every body every little detail or problem he has had with the truck and why would he even want to when you are talking bad about him and the truck he is trying to produce
Who is talking bad about him?All i was doing was questioning maybe an eta on any progress or maybe a small update is all,he is a hell of a driver and im saying i would like to the see the truck down here in the 4x4sc class for more brand variety more or less,Im not the guy say it isnt going to happen like above
Old 05-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jammin57
Yes, Updates. A LOT of Factory drivers provide a LOT of info / posts on Rctech, so that is a lame excuse. 5 min is all it took.

They said they were writing the manual weeks ago. A draft could have been released, a CVD is a CVD, they could have shown a manual.

I didnt bad mouth anybody. Just stated my opinion on how a customer should be treated and how they could have avoided the complaints. If you dont see it the same way, fine, that is your opinion.

How about some pics of the parts that will be released in the kit. Lots of manufacturers do that too. Like I said, they could easily provide a lot more info by spending a very small amount of time.

I stand by what I said. Hopefully they will learn from this and do things better.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Hmm...well I guess Kurt has two options here.

1. Hurry up and release the kit to make everyone happy just to have something go wrong (which in-turn makes everyone mad anyways)

OR

2. Take his time and release the highest quality kit possible, even if it takes a few extra months

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to take pictures of prototype parts because the final production parts will look different. It also doesn't make sense to spend a lot of time on a rough draft of the manual because it's all going to end up changing anyways. You don't see authors posting the rough drafts to their books do you?

Maybe someone should have gotten on here to give us some sort of update, however I'm sure finishing the truck takes priority to the hand full of people that frequent this thread...

No one is asking you to wait around for it, it will be released when it's ready. Based on my experiences with XRAY and from what I've heard about the truck, it will be the best vehicle on the market. I will wait for this truck regardless of how long it takes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.