Wiki Posts
Search

XSCT Thread.. released by K2RC

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toast.
Well technically he didn't put what year, so maybe they meant 2014 in which case they might actually make their posted date.
No worse than Durango or HotBodies then.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

well about 2-3 weeks ago he did say he would have the site up and running never happened
I dont understand why companies say things and never come back and bother to update when things dont go as planned, ppl get discouraged fast after waiting months for something that might not come out. and if it does it will be outrageously priced i know your busy and most of us are too, but just update us
Old 04-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I wonder, when companies are irresponsible with there updates if that philosophy carries over into their products
Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toast.
I wonder, when companies are irresponsible with there updates if that philosophy carries over into their products
BINGO!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Why is everyone waiting so impatiently for this kit? I don't kno ashy they need new arms and shafts. Roar rules state something like a 13" max width, the xb808 fits under that width...?

Last edited by Iwannatt; 04-24-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Arrow

Not real sure why I'm feeding this trollfest; guess I'm feeling sympathetic (and wordy)- I'm not K2RC, but what I know is pretty dang accurate ---- consider this your update

This truck is real - I cant be any more honest than that. If it isn't here fast enough, get something else. We all know it will be a worn out POS before next season anyway.*

A few key parts that the truck uses which were sourced from xray are no longer being supported, meaning that K2RC was stuck with having to find a different part or make their own - jeff777 is correct, the drive shafts are one of these parts

They are currently having these parts redesigned and then sent to the appropriate machine shop to have them produced (I'm the man with a set of calipers and solidworks in this association, so yea, it's a true story, bro lol)*
- upside, these parts will likely be cheaper than buying wholesale from xray
- downside, that crap takes time lol

As for how much longer, I cannot say - but just know you didn't end up buying an ~$800 truck that xray won't make parts for after Kurt rushed it out . The website won't go up until there is something to sell.

This rant has ended; go in peace

@aloksatoor: you have a good point with the xb9e argument, but chasing xray and their yearly revisions isn't practical - the new parts coming for the XSCT should be enough to set it apart from just a ebuggy conversion...

Last edited by annonymous; 04-25-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: "sent from iPhone" errors
Old 04-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

These "trolls" are your potential customers... Some timely updates would have prevented most, if not all of this "trolling".
Old 04-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

As Anon said we are simply waiting for an update, just like you guys. If we have nothing to update with then I really don't know what else to say. RCAmerica has been extremely helpful with the situation by providing us with high end USA based machine shops to make the parts we need with the quality we demand. XRay did in fact leave us hanging and even after being offered a reason to use old tooling to further their part for dollar spent ratio the request fell on deaf ears.
Expect the truck to be a kit with a conversion offered. Straight up. We are just waiting for the cvd numbers to come back. I understand that everybody is anxious to get something that lasts, works and is worth the money you spend. However due to unseen circumstances the date has been pushed back. I want the best for K2RC customers. If any of you guys knew me (and some of you do) you know that I am very particular about what I release to the public. If I do not feel that it is right then the truck will wait until it is. I do not release cheap junk, or unfinished junk, or junk that you cant get parts for, or that wears out prematurely.
As for the website... it is up and has been for several weeks. Behind that coming soon page is the web store. However, there is no point in opening a store to the public without having the intended product in stock.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok well if the conversion is not an arm or leg ill prob get one... whats the best buggy to convert 2011 xray 808?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

I would suggest a 2011 spec. The original truck was based from the 2011.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

In earlier post they state the truck will use stock cvd's, only custom arms...so why are they having cvd's machined when a couple of months ago they said they werent required?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Stock cvd as in regular stock from xray. The ones needed are from an older car and xray told us they are no longer going to produce them. Think about it, a shorter arm to make the truck legal will require a shorter cvd.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up, I was a little confused..thanks!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK
Stock cvd as in regular stock from xray. The ones needed are from an older car and xray told us they are no longer going to produce them. Think about it, a shorter arm to make the truck legal will require a shorter cvd.
Hopefully these custom CVDs will be around a year or two from when the buggy is finally released.

You know they're gonna be a part that will wear , especially since they are no longer going to be made out of XRays special blend of materials (unobtainium and powdered unicorn horn) , otherwise the kit will be useless ......

Hope I'm wrong , but time will tell ........
Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Custom wear parts will count me out! Later!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.