Wiki Posts
Search

Durango or Losi SCT

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Durango or Losi SCT

Thinking about getting a sct 4by4. Is the Durango worth the $100 price increase over the losi roller?
Old 02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

The Losi is so much better than the Durango . More durable and easier to drive out of the box .
Old 02-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
The Losi is so much better than the Durango . More durable and easier to drive out of the box .
I love it when people make generalized statements like that.

It depends on what type of driver you are and what type of track you run on. I am .5 seconds on average faster with my Durango than my Losi on an indoor clay track. The more technical the track, the larger the gap gets.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 05PSD
I love it when people make generalized statements like that.

It depends on what type of driver you are and what type of track you run on. I am .5 seconds on average faster with my Durango than my Losi on an indoor clay track. The more technical the track, the larger the gap gets.
It is not a generalized statement . I have had both and is a well known fact the Losi is more durable and easier to drive out of the box .
Old 02-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
It is not a generalized statement . I have had both and is a well known fact the Losi is more durable and easier to drive out of the box .

Does that make it so much better? You made a generalized statement. Just because you couldn't drive the Durango as fast as your Losi doesn't mean it is difficult to drive. It's a different style. It doesn't make it better as you put it.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have the losi I was thinking about getting the Durango just to have it.. is it worth the bucks ? and are parts available . don't want to break and become a closet queen
Old 02-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 05PSD
Does that make it so much better? You made a generalized statement. Just because you couldn't drive the Durango as fast as your Losi doesn't mean it is difficult to drive. It's a different style. It doesn't make it better as you put it.

I did not say anything about which one is capable of driving faster .

If you actually read I said OUT OF THE BOX !

The Durango needs a really good setup to be fast vs the Losi does great out of the box with the kit setup .

Stop being so narrow minded and making my "generalized statement" to be something it is not .
It has nothing to do with which one I can drive faster or not .

The Losi is hands down more durable and is a well known fact !!!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Man everybody needs to calm down. Every place i look somebody is crying about what some person said. Everybody has their own opinion and is able to post it here. This is a forum..... Relax and just use info you want to and discard stuff you don't.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

The biggest problem with the Durango is not a ton of hobby shops carry their parts. Unless you like to order everything online and wait I would check with your local hobby shops and see what their parts availability is on each kit.

I've also heard a lot of people complaining about the Durango's lacking durability, but the Losi is a tank.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by limiteded1le
The biggest problem with the Durango is not a ton of hobby shops carry their parts. Unless you like to order everything online and wait I would check with your local hobby shops and see what their parts availability is on each kit.

I've also heard a lot of people complaining about the Durango's lacking durability, but the Losi is a tank.
Well said. I to have seen first hand a lot of part trouble for the durango. And this was at a store that had durango parts on the wall. I have not personally driven a durango and have only driven a fellow racers losi. (not my own yet) But driving another person's car can be all but awesome. It was awesome!!!! Not my way of setting up cars but it was almost dialed for me. It handled very well and was very easy to drive. ( i thought ) That has a big part of why i bought a scte. Also cause most places you go have LOSI parts on the wall. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default durango

durango is a great truck ... remember though, it does not come with sway bars, center diff, most people are running longer front shocks, spring sets are pretty exspensive. so depending on what your set up is, durango can run 200 plus more than a losi...
Old 02-07-2012, 07:00 PM
elk
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The guys at our shop are trying to talk me into a Durango as well. I like that the feedback has been positive about it being really good on tight, technical tracks. From everything I've read, the Losi is more durable and cost effective, whereas the Durango is the better value for a competitive racer. I do know that Durango is chronically out of stock for certain items (this may improve with the Hobbico takeover) and this keeps me hesitant of buying one. It is a phenomenal kit from an engineering standpoint, and so if your track has parts support, and a few racers already running it, I think you'd do well.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

In my honest opinion i feel the losi is a better truck,it drives like a dream,flys straight and most of the time,the parts are readily available due to being distributed by horizonhobby which alot of hobbyshops deal with.There was 1 durango this previous weekend at the state series and thats it,the rest were losi and they all outdrove the durango on the 8th scale type track because with the right setup the durango is supposed to be driven on a smoother more technical track, and again over here there is more losi support so we all mainly run losi. I say if you run more outdoors,run the losi as it will be easier as far as setup,drivability,and will be more durable as well.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
In my honest opinion i feel the losi is a better truck,it drives like a dream,flys straight and most of the time,the parts are readily available due to being distributed by horizonhobby which alot of hobbyshops deal with.There was 1 durango this previous weekend at the state series and thats it,the rest were losi and they all outdrove the durango on the 8th scale type track because with the right setup the durango is supposed to be driven on a smoother more technical track, and again over here there is more losi support so we all mainly run losi. I say if you run more outdoors,run the losi as it will be easier as far as setup,drivability,and will be more durable as well.
I was probably at your same track. Lake Park? Small world. Thanks everyone for the input!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rboesen1
I was probably at your same track. Lake Park? Small world. Thanks everyone for the input!
yep,you were.I was the one with bright yellow truck with the proline flow-tek body.I was leading in the a-main for almost the whole race but Gary mazur in the black truck took the win.But the losi for me just feels more planted and more stable at any track i've ever ran at.I got 2nd place in the amain with no practice before racing.I just threw it on the track and drove it,trust me its really easy to drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.