Wiki Posts
Search

New Agama A8E 1/8 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

I used his nitro car setup except different shock oil, springs and rear pistons. Setups are found here http://www.agamausa.com
Old 06-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Has anyone found a plastic spur that will fit the diff on this car? I can run metal but prefer the quiter plastic if there is a pretty simple straight swap. Anyone tried the kyosho, or Mugen or AE or Losi plastic spurs?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:13 AM
EJF
Tech Elite

Not sure on the spur, the metal one isn't too loud,
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I believe the Losi is a direct fit.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Has anyone found a plastic spur that will fit the diff on this car? I can run metal but prefer the quiter plastic if there is a pretty simple straight swap. Anyone tried the kyosho, or Mugen or AE or Losi plastic spurs?
Hideeho
The Losi is a direct fit. I run it bolted to the agama dif bucket with no problems. Plastic spurs makes a HUGE difference in the volume of an ebug!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

What pinion for a 1900 motor?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Waflet
Hideeho
The Losi is a direct fit. I run it bolted to the agama dif bucket with no problems. Plastic spurs makes a HUGE difference in the volume of an ebug!
Thanks. Just ordered the losi 44.

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
What pinion for a 1900 motor?
19T is a good place to start and go up or down from there based on your preference and track size.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

going to be ordering the nitro car and conversion next week!! anyone find a good electric set-up that they are willing to share? sold my current e-bug so i don't have time to wait on the a8e. guess i'll have to spend the extra $$ later when the motor mount is available.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:12 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitroal
going to be ordering the nitro car and conversion next week!! anyone find a good electric set-up that they are willing to share? sold my current e-bug so i don't have time to wait on the a8e. guess i'll have to spend the extra $$ later when the motor mount is available.

I am running Andrew Smolnik's nitro car setup found on the agama USA site, except for shock oils, Front I run 40wt losi , 1.3 8 hole tapered pistons, brown springs, rear is 37.5 losi, 1.3 8 hole tapered pistons, brown springs, the car is very stable and super easy to drive.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

I am just finishing up converting a nitro car using the RC-Monster kit. Just a few little wiring items to take car of and it s ready for a test and tune session. I think the RCM motor mount is awesome. Not sure why you would need to upgrade later. Certainly wont make the car any faster and the latest design updates on the RCM motor mount make it super easy to use. One screw drops the motor in and out and adjusts the gear mesh. I actually like it better than the mounting puck design that most companies seem to be copying. Just as easy to use and lighter weight because you don't need that big puck on the front of the motor.

I'm also interested to hear if anyone has a decent E setup for this car. I went with something close to Jason Branhams nitro setup. I always liked his setups on the Xray 808 when he ran them, so I figure its a good place to start on this car.

Originally Posted by Waflet
Hideeho
Thanks for this info. The Losi plastic gear was a direct drop in fit. Honestly looks like it was made for this car.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Im trying to fit the body on my conversion tonight and Im having trouble getting the battery to fit under the stock lid. Is there another body the people are using? Even shimming the front body post up a 1/4" it still wont clear a pretty standard size hard case pack. Has anyone tried the FTW body on an electric conversion? Maybe an losi 8e body??

Anyone find something that works? Im gonna just cut a big hole in the stock body and let the pack sick out to get it on there for now, but would like to find a solution to getting something that fits proper.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:12 AM
EJF
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jhautz
Im trying to fit the body on my conversion tonight and Im having trouble getting the battery to fit under the stock lid. Is there another body the people are using? Even shimming the front body post up a 1/4" it still wont clear a pretty standard size hard case pack. Has anyone tried the FTW body on an electric conversion? Maybe an losi 8e body??

Anyone find something that works? Im gonna just cut a big hole in the stock body and let the pack sick out to get it on there for now, but would like to find a solution to getting something that fits proper.

I run the stock body but I use smaller packs than most, been running Tunigy 4500 soft packs, still get 15 min out of them on our indoor track. But the Losi Body does fit, The rear body mount can be adjusted higher as well.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EJF
I run the stock body but I use smaller packs than most, been running Tunigy 4500 soft packs, still get 15 min out of them on our indoor track. But the Losi Body does fit, The rear body mount can be adjusted higher as well.
Im up on the rear body post already. My Reedy 4s 3700 hardcase packs fit no problem and are good for 10 minute races. But if I want to run my 4s 5000 hardcase pack for a 15 min race then I need to get a taller body somewhere. I may look at one for the Losi and see how they work.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hideeho
Has anyone tried the ftw night fox on an ebug? I like the look (I know it's either love it/hate it styling) & run it on my b4.1. It appears to be very low on the front for battery space. I really don't want to buy a body i don't think is going to fit. Maybe somebody that has an ebug & nitro can pick one up to try it (hunter?)
Old 07-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Posted this in the nitro section. Forgot about this thread.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=12263

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.