Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traktion Drive and ERC D8 on Stock Vorza

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traktion Drive and ERC D8 on Stock Vorza

Anyone knows if its possible to install a Tekno Traktion Drive on a Stock Vorza changing the motor mount for a ERC D8 motor mount ? Or other cheap solution to use these clutch like acessories ?
I emailed Tekno and they sugested buying a entire new $ 130 chassis for compatibility.
That car isn't really prepared for 6s, first time i used 6s all the dogbones got badly bended and center differential was damaged.

Last edited by mferrocosta; 01-24-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
If your putting 6 cell on a what 2200KV motor, thats your problem, too much power. try a 4 cell.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

the problem is from what i can tell is you will not have the spacing necessary between the motor and the spur gear.

You best bang for the buck option in my opinion is to find a converted Tekno V4 D8 and buy it. Then, you can either keep it as spares, sell off your current car and use the new one, or part out the stuff you don't need.

As for 6S usage, how you are using it really matters too. If you are slamming the throttle and then into break a lot, really hard driving, you are beating up the car pretty bad.