Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI savage flux hp vs Traxxas e-revo brushless >

HPI savage flux hp vs Traxxas e-revo brushless

HPI savage flux hp vs Traxxas e-revo brushless

Old 01-16-2012, 02:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation HPI savage flux hp vs Traxxas e-revo brushless

Hey guys im completely new to RC and this will be my 1st car. Came to this website to get some opinions and information on the subject. I am going to buy one of these cars and I wanted to know which one is better. I am mainly going to be driving on grass and dirt. I will be jumping it a bit and sometimes racing with my mates. I will be running it with lipos and take it to the track occasionally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

There's a lot of threads on this so use the search ! But since your new I'll help a bit savage flux is a monster truck and the revo is more like a truggy ...make sure you know what you really want a basher or racer then pick ...bye the look of your name looks like you picked one already flux is my favorite of the 2 also ...but I don't race it I bash it !
Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

I would get a buggy... On short grass it would destroy a monster truck and a truggy and on asphalt the same due to lower Center of gravity!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

Thank you all for replying. I think I am swaying to the savvy flux because it looks more durable and I really don't want to be fixing things all the time. I have also heard it is a reliable truck. If any of you have the savvy, could you tell me what 2s lipos you are running. The lipos I am thinking of getting are SMC 6000MAH 60C 2s 7.4v hardcase. Will these be all right for my car? Is there a maximum mah or C rating it can handle?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Also consdider the Thunder Tiger MT4 G3.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

Im just considering those two because they are both stocked and backed up at my local hobby store. I want to buy it from there and get parts for it quickly
Old 01-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

I have the mini e-revo and just an FYI, the thing is a pain to work on... I'm sure the ERBE should be easier to work on since it's bigger but internal parts like the diffs and the way the arms are connected I find it long to work on. I work on my HPI Vorza and each part is easy and modular to work on. Maybe it's the way Traxxas and HPI engineer their chassis... I always thought the ERBE was cool looking though. But I don't think you're making a mistake in either one you choose! I haven't ran my MERV since Igot my HPI Vorza... but I am keeping the MERV for my niece and nephew.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'd go towards the savage flux hands down and those batteries should be fine for the flux. You may want to consider getting cheaper batteries so you can buy 4 of them. THat way while you are playing with two the other two could be charging.

Good luck with your purchase
Old 01-17-2012, 02:16 AM
Tech Rookie

i have a traxxas e revo brushless and its a great car working on it is easy. plus the e revo can be set up to be a great basher or a great racer i love this car and I'm glad I brought it!!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

Thank you all for your input. All help is appreciated. I would actually like to find some cheaper batteries (50-60$) as my other ones are $90 each. I would like to have 4 batteries for longer run times but cannot seem to find any. I want a balance of power, speed, run time and price and in a 2s pack. I also need something that will fit in the hp battery boxes. If anyone has the savvy could you please tell me what batteries you are running. Thanks again
Old 01-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

@mrfluxman since you are looking for good 2s lipo batteries in the $50-$60 range i would get 2 of these batteries. you can have deans plugs put on them for $65. i would personally buy 2 of these batteries because if you spend over $100 you get free shipping.

http://www.promatchracing.com/prodde...prod=2S600060C
Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrfluxman
Thank you all for your input. All help is appreciated. I would actually like to find some cheaper batteries (50-60$) as my other ones are $90 each. I would like to have 4 batteries for longer run times but cannot seem to find any. I want a balance of power, speed, run time and price and in a 2s pack. I also need something that will fit in the hp battery boxes. If anyone has the savvy could you please tell me what batteries you are running. Thanks again
Turnegy lipos from hobbyking.com if your ok at putting deans plugs on ..
I run 2s hard packs and the 3s nano tech look them up there good !
Just try to buy from USA warehouses to save time and s/h cost
Old 01-17-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Savage Flux <3
well, I use Zippy and Turnigy LiPos ONLY...
2s 40C 5000mah Zippys is what I use atm. but I just ordered a pair of Turnigy Nano-techs to see if their better than the other...
Hobbyking.com is the place to be....
Old 01-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

Thank you darryl80 for showing me those batteries. I just realised that they wont fit in my battery boxes as i need the wires to come out the corner. The batteries that have the wires on separate ends will not fit. Thanks anyway. If anyone has anymore suggestions for batteries then please let me know. Thanks
Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

You said you'd like to race occasionally , if that's the case the erevo is the better choice for you. I have owned both trucks in the past . In my opinion the flux is the tougher of the two but way harder to work on bc of it's tvp (twin vertical plate chassis) , the erevo is also a tough truck and handles better stock than the savage. It has an easier layout to work on aswell and is a bit more forgiving to drive. They both will run off road well but if you took both to a track the erevo would win. I honestly liked both of them equally so the choice is really yours . Just throwing you my opinion before you spend over $600.

Also for batteries check out hobbypartz.com and hobbyking if you want something more affordable , many people have great success with there lipos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.