Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC8e upgrades and setup help

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RC8e upgrades and setup help

I am the proud new owner of a used rc8e. This is the 1st generation i believe. It has a tekin 2150 systemin it and is completelystock other than shocks from the nitro team edition. Isthere anythingelse that needs upgrading to make it trackworthy? Also could anyone pointme in the directionof a good all aroundsetup for it? I looked through the thread but there were so many pages i could not find the info i was lookingfor. Thanksin advance.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Prophet

The thing i whould get right away is to get the tuneble RC8BE supension blocks and the Alum steering top it will make it much more stronger .
Old 01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I have already ordered the metal top plate from amain. As for the other parts should i go with associated or anaftermarket company?

Also does anyone know of a good setup to start with other than the factory setup in the manual or should i just use that?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bbagle1
Thanks for the reply. I have already ordered the metal top plate from amain. As for the other parts should i go with associated or anaftermarket company?

Also does anyone know of a good setup to start with other than the factory setup in the manual or should i just use that?

Um the only thing i think of is aftermarket rear hubs not complety needed but your hub bearings will last much longer and less slop. And there is a company called Tekno R/C that makes really nice electric conversion kits and other accesorys.

As for setups go to the tread for teh RC8e on here or go to www.teamassociated.com for setup sheets note though not all pro setups work for us regular joe drivers