Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2012 Electric Off-Road “Supernationals”

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
I have to ask how many people participating in this thread are ROAR members? I do not believe RC Tech is the place that you can get your message to the appropriate attention. We need to be directing this information to your ROAR Region representative or over on the ROAR website forums. Regions and their director information can be obtained from http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=83. I have started a thread over there and right now there have only been four responses which tells me most of the input on here are non-ROAR members. The website is http://roarracing.org/4rmb/. Homer has started the discussion over there also.
I am a current ROAR member and could never get posts to appear over there so I don't even try anymore...

I tried to make the Nats last year but a last-minute work issue meant I had to pull out after having already entered. With this ridiculous "for the pros only" schedule, I doubt I'll even try this year.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It will be a little expensive also for me, a international driver i need to pay flight, hotel, rent a car, food for me it will be almost 8,000.00, but i will try to be there as well, 1/10 truck its not dissapear alot of racers here in the caribbean still race it, im one of them.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Will the AE Team show up if he does?

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
If there is enough demand to sellout a 1/8 Electric Nats why not host your own 1/8 electric event? Call it a 1/8 Electric World Cup.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The first page of this post needs to be updated. It would prevent so many people from asking the same questions over and over again. While it is helpful, it really doesn't do a good job outlining the current issues that people are working to address. I'd do it myself, but I honestly don't know enough about the truck yet to do a good job on it.

Some of you that get sand in your panties about people asking questions should update it so you won't continue to get upset when new folks dare inquire about what to do with the truck.

A lot of folks are thankful that some of you have invested so much time and effort in the car and figuring out what works. However, the know it all attitude that is displayed in this thread doesn't help new people who are trying to figure out where to spend their money. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if sales haven't been lost because arrogance in the thread.

The SC10 is a lot more intimidating relative to the Losi. The belt drive, slipper, clicker, etc. It is not very intuitive for many newer hobbyist and even some of us experienced guys who come from 1/8th. Yes, people can search, but often times people don't even know what the hell they are searching for or why. Yes, you can learn by reading, but again, it isn't realistic to expect that everyone has time to read all 800 pages in this thread. Some will eventually get around to it, but most folks are not nearly as into it as many of the regulars on this thread so you can't expect the same level of commitment.

This thread reminds me of the hardcore racers at the track who often times scare away new guys. New guy shows up and can't get anyone to help him or talk to him because he isn't part of the local clique. Someone ask for help on how to get started racing or fix his car and instead of helping the guy, they instead throw a ROAR rule book at them.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Wrong thread.... how did that happen?
Old 12-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
Will the AE Team show up if he does?
I can't speak for the team but if there was a dedicated 1/8 electric race I'd love to go and would push our drivers to go. Most promoters look for big entry numbers and will add a bunch of other classes. Once this is done the 1/8 electric is just another support class.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
I am a current ROAR member and could never get posts to appear over there so I don't even try anymore...

I tried to make the Nats last year but a last-minute work issue meant I had to pull out after having already entered. With this ridiculous "for the pros only" schedule, I doubt I'll even try this year.

Just to a reminder to anyone trying to use the ROAR forum. You must be a member and login with your real name and password to view any of the posts on the forum.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I have to ask how many people participating in this thread are ROAR members? I do not believe RC Tech is the place that you can get your message to the appropriate attention. We need to be directing this information to your ROAR Region representative or over on the ROAR website forums. Regions and their director information can be obtained from http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=83. I have started a thread over there and right now there have only been four responses which tells me most of the input on here are non-ROAR members. The website is http://roarracing.org/4rmb/. Homer has started the discussion over there also.
I understand but at the same time if the "powers that be" aren't/don't follow threads like this on RCTech, they have their head in the sand..IMO

How many people who attend one maybe two ROAR races a year simply pay the weekend fee at that race and not for a yearly membership?...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I understand but at the same time if the "powers that be" aren't/don't follow threads like this on RCTech, they have their head in the sand..IMO

How many people who attend one maybe two ROAR races a year simply pay the weekend fee at that race and not for a yearly membership?...
most the tracks in cali are all roar so all the cali/west coast guys already have roar for the year.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by smokinu
most the tracks in cali are all roar so all the cali/west coast guys already have roar for the year.
Understandable but many don't pay for membership until they attend their one race for the year.

ROAR sanctioned tracks are a minority.

Last edited by racer1812; 12-19-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Only one thing is for sure, if they don't try it, it will not be known if it will work or not.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812

The events held at our track have very low numbers of weekend only fees. In addition, to race in a national event, you must pay forthe yearly membership. The ROAR President, Steve Pond has responded over on the ROAR forum. Not everyone is in tune with RCTECH all the time with other responsibilities they have to maintain.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

The events held at our track have very low numbers of weekend only fees. In addition, to race in a national event, you must pay forthe yearly membership. The ROAR President, Steve Pond has responded over on the ROAR forum. Not everyone is in tune with RCTECH all the time with other responsibilities they have to maintain.
My point is that not all racers are ROAR members before they attend the event. Some aren't willing to pay for membership unless they know they are going to go. I'm saying ROAR can't ignore the opinions of non-members who may be considering attending and simply join when they get there.

Either way back on topic I don't see ROAR changing their minds at this point regardless of what anyone thinks, members or not.

e8 stuff should be left to stand on it's own, either it can or it can't. IMO
Old 12-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Edumakated
The first page of this post needs to be updated. It would prevent so many people from asking the same questions over and over again. While it is helpful, it really doesn't do a good job outlining the current issues that people are working to address. I'd do it myself, but I honestly don't know enough about the truck yet to do a good job on it.

Some of you that get sand in your panties about people asking questions should update it so you won't continue to get upset when new folks dare inquire about what to do with the truck.

A lot of folks are thankful that some of you have invested so much time and effort in the car and figuring out what works. However, the know it all attitude that is displayed in this thread doesn't help new people who are trying to figure out where to spend their money. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if sales haven't been lost because arrogance in the thread.

The SC10 is a lot more intimidating relative to the Losi. The belt drive, slipper, clicker, etc. It is not very intuitive for many newer hobbyist and even some of us experienced guys who come from 1/8th. Yes, people can search, but often times people don't even know what the hell they are searching for or why. Yes, you can learn by reading, but again, it isn't realistic to expect that everyone has time to read all 800 pages in this thread. Some will eventually get around to it, but most folks are not nearly as into it as many of the regulars on this thread so you can't expect the same level of commitment.

This thread reminds me of the hardcore racers at the track who often times scare away new guys. New guy shows up and can't get anyone to help him or talk to him because he isn't part of the local clique. Someone ask for help on how to get started racing or fix his car and instead of helping the guy, they instead throw a ROAR rule book at them.
nice rant.. you got ROAR in there so you're in the right thread..
Old 12-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I can't speak for the team but if there was a dedicated 1/8 electric race I'd love to go and would push our drivers to go. Most promoters look for big entry numbers and will add a bunch of other classes. Once this is done the 1/8 electric is just another support class.
Great, and I hope you didn't take my question as a smart ass comment. no context with typed words.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.