Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frustration!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good to see people jump all over the kid. Nice way to ensure the hobby doesn't grow. Nothing intelligent about that at all.

OP, post up a pic and maybe we'll have a better idea. Also, get out the manual and see if your slipper/spur is assmebled with all the parts.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

don't feel too sorry for this kid. he's tried his best to derail some other threads with troll-like responses.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

It sounds like something went wrong in the build. I agree with the bearing assembly or simply running it too loose. A picture of you parts would help us greatly!!

As far as the money goes. Consider it lesson learned to not complain about how much this hobby costs on this forum. I know people on here who have lost there marriages because this hobby can get out of control. But, its all on how you want to make it. Have Fun!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Frustration!!!!!-untitled1.png
Old 11-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
don't feel too sorry for this kid. he's tried his best to derail some other threads with troll-like responses.
Correct. Check the viper thread, for example. Numerous "buy tekin or buy twice" crap as recent as a few days ago.

*note I have no allegiance to either brand, and use some of both.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by bscopes

Well i am pretty frustrated as I was going through my SC10 normal maitenince...
First one of the stands of my swaybar broke off along with the ball end on the a-arm!!!! there is $15
Then to go along with that I noticed this white dust from under the slipper. I took the slipper apart and the back slipper plate is now silver and the blue motor plate has a nice silver circle on it. There is like $20

Does anybody know how the slipper got ground down and the motor plate. Nothing got in it because i run indoor. Is it because the slipper hub was to close to the motor plate?How do I prevent it.

(They are the V2 slipper hubs which are a gold brownish color which is now silver and o yea my slipper pads are totally glazzed over)
Wow your bitching about this your either super tight on money maybe fishing would be a better past time or super impatient then fishing is out the door maybe knitting

Last edited by bigjayjay1; 11-15-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Wow your bitching about this your either super tight on money maybe fishing would be a better past time or super impatient then fishing is our the door maybe knitting
How is this even the least bit constructive? This thread needs to /.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Check to make sure the trans and motor plate are connected correctly, and then the slipper is seated correctly on the top shaft. Its possible the top shaft or motor plate is bent too.

Now on to my rant.... not just for this thread, but in general.

I never understood why people make such a point to tell everyone how much money they spend on their RC cars, and that this is a hobby only for the high rollers. Cmon, really? And someone said this isn't a hobby for 14year olds? I think that's exactly who the hobby should cater to.

It should be about the fun, not how much money you can say you spend. Sorry to break it to you guys, but if you want to impress people, spending more than the next guy on RC cars isn't the way to do it. But if you have really expensive RC cars, AND a really nice comic book collection, then people will be impressed. (/sarcasm font)
Old 11-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Default add a shim

sounds like you need to add a shim #7368 to the top shaft before you put the inner slipper plate on.

with just the inner slipper plate on the shaft, push the slipper plate against the motor plate...you should not feel the slipper plate rubbing on the motor plate. if this is the case, take the slipper plate off and place the shim on the shaft and put the slipper plate back on.. now verify when you push the slipper plate against the motor plate it does not rub.

I had to do this when I changed over to the V2 slipper plates on all my cars.

First one of the stands of my swaybar broke off along with the ball end on the a-arm!!!! there is $15
Then to go along with that I noticed this white dust from under the slipper. I took the slipper apart and the back slipper plate is now silver and the blue motor plate has a nice silver circle on it. There is like $20

Does anybody know how the slipper got ground down and the motor plate. Nothing got in it because i run indoor. Is it because the slipper hub was to close to the motor plate?How do I prevent it.

(They are the V2 slipper hubs which are a gold brownish color which is now silver and o yea my slipper pads are totally glazzed over)
Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

bscopes, a common mistake which can lead to the trans screws hitting the slipper plate is over-tightening the trans case screws. The trans case screws should have lock tite on them and just barely tighten them into the motor plate. The tread lock will hold them from loosening up. If you really tighten them down, the threads will stick out farther and hit the slipper plate. No need to replace the plate, a little groove on backside will not hurt anyhting.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Suspended

Thanx for all the good replys!
As for others
I am an associated guy and I am proud of it. The associated guys know as much as anybody else and more.

As for everybody who thinks there hot$HiT for making fun of a little kid can go and join the Jerry Sandusky club. I am actually tight with money as I just do chores around the house for a couple bucks. I get my big things like a tekin rs as a gift from birthday, christmas, etc. It is amazing how manny people will come and shoot bullets at me for not having a lot of money.

I am proud of myself that I work hard to cut lawns to race locally weekly and I am not gonna let a couple of jerks over the internet tell me I am trash because of my wallet.
-----------------------------------------
I took apart the tranny and I do have it put together correctly. I think I will try shim 7368.

Can you guys look at the pics and tell me if I need knew slipper hubs and motor plate?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Frustration!!!!!-modded.jpg   Frustration!!!!!-modded-02.jpg  
Old 11-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You're 14? good one .
Old 11-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

First off, just because the anodizing is worn off your parts doesn't make them junk, just not pretty anymore. As long as the slipper pad surface is not chewed up your slipper disc is fine. You likely need to add some axle shims (ae axle shims work perfectly) to the top shaft inside the transmission to take up the free play. This will move the slipper hub away from the motor plate. It usually takes 2-3 shims to get it right, but you will have to assemble it and check- too many shims and the case will bind the top shaft when tightened.

If you are drilling a hole in the arms for a ballstud to use a front swaybar, broken arms come with the territory. When I use a front sway bar I mount the ballstud in the unused lower shock mount hole and have my bars bent to fit the link there.

Keep at it bud. At 14 you are doing something that most lids nowadays can't or won't- doing something for yourself. I'll give you some props for that!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jonny5
First off, just because the anodizing is worn off your parts doesn't make them junk, just not pretty anymore. As long as the slipper pad surface is not chewed up your slipper disc is fine. You likely need to add some axle shims (ae axle shims work perfectly) to the top shaft inside the transmission to take up the free play. This will move the slipper hub away from the motor plate. It usually takes 2-3 shims to get it right, but you will have to assemble it and check- too many shims and the case will bind the top shaft when tightened.

If you are drilling a hole in the arms for a ballstud to use a front swaybar, broken arms come with the territory. When I use a front sway bar I mount the ballstud in the unused lower shock mount hole and have my bars bent to fit the link there.

Keep at it bud. At 14 you are doing something that most lids nowadays can't or won't- doing something for yourself. I'll give you some props for that!
Thanx
I was actually talking about I broke the plastic ball off the rear a arm. So I will be needing new a arms and a new sway bar.
Thank you for the no spam reply jhonny
Old 11-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by samnelso
You're 14? good one .
You have a sack between your legs. Good one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.