Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Krio
  • 1 Post By the rc guy

SC tire selection....

Old 11-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Questions?? SC tire selection....

I am running a winter series at a local indoor track (Washtenaw Raceway, ann arbor MI) and yesterday was the second race of 11 total races. I currently run a losi xxx-sct in the spec and modified class. (runnning one car with a boosted 17.5) I have been having pretty good success with Jconcepts barcodes in the Clay compound. The track is a clay base, with some loose stuff on top. (they don't water the track like they should, jumps and hills are getting chipped and cracked away, causing the loose bits of dirt on top). I have been looking around at other sc drivers tire selection and I have found that many people run the barcodes/suburbs, panther switches, aka enduros, snipers, holeshots, and double dee's. I am overwhelmed with options, and I don't want to buy a full set of wheels and tires ($55) and no turn out how i would like them to. I like to have as much possible traction as i can. Some of my racing buddies like to have a little more slip and slide, but i don't understand why. Could someone point me in the right direction of what tires to get? Also if anyone has some used tires/wheel for a losi xxx-sct for sale i'll be glad to look into it.
thanks for all the help in advance,

nick
Old 11-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I like Suburbs 2.0 and Hot Bodies Beams (pink compound). All the traction I need. I run mod (9.5) on a dry clay track.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Hey Nick i ran the pink beams at Dirt Burners in Livonia, MI yesturday and traction rolled a few times ... had to take them off and go back to gold bar codes.
So maybe try beams..
Old 11-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If the track is as I am told this year check out Panther's site listed below and get the tires in the clay compound.
http://www.pantherteam.com/index.php...ex&cPath=65_81
Old 11-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

proline bowfighters in a supersoft compound will never fail you. you can drive in the grove or out of it and still have full control.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Zamboni
I am running a winter series at a local indoor track (Washtenaw Raceway, ann arbor MI) and yesterday was the second race of 11 total races. I currently run a losi xxx-sct in the spec and modified class. (runnning one car with a boosted 17.5) I have been having pretty good success with Jconcepts barcodes in the Clay compound. The track is a clay base, with some loose stuff on top. (they don't water the track like they should, jumps and hills are getting chipped and cracked away, causing the loose bits of dirt on top). I have been looking around at other sc drivers tire selection and I have found that many people run the barcodes/suburbs, panther switches, aka enduros, snipers, holeshots, and double dee's. I am overwhelmed with options, and I don't want to buy a full set of wheels and tires ($55) and no turn out how i would like them to. I like to have as much possible traction as i can. Some of my racing buddies like to have a little more slip and slide, but i don't understand why. Could someone point me in the right direction of what tires to get? Also if anyone has some used tires/wheel for a losi xxx-sct for sale i'll be glad to look into it.
thanks for all the help in advance,

nick
Hey Nick,

It's Chris Peterson. I run xxx-sct rims on my sc10 4x4 and you can try any of them next week. I have both rattlers and raptors that I run on both my Oval sct and 4x4. Best thing to do before buying is to try them!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I've yet to find a bar code/suburb/beam style tire that has more grip than the Pink Beams. Haven't tried the 2.0 Suburbs but the originals were crap, IMO.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Hey Nick,

It's Chris Peterson. I run xxx-sct rims on my sc10 4x4 and you can try any of them next week. I have both rattlers and raptors that I run on both my Oval sct and 4x4. Best thing to do before buying is to try them!
Thanks Chris, I appreciate the offer of trying out the tires. I enjoyed watching you racing oval and 4x4 last night. The way you were making passes on other guys in oval was awesome!
Old 04-05-2018, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ay Michigan folks.... anybody got a 2wd SCT for sale? I'm really not picky... i'm poor, haha... and looking to get back into the hobby.

I have a BRAND NEW 3Racing Sakura XI Sport that i'd be willing to trade along with a TT-02R with lots of aluminum. I haven't raced off-road for about 15 years (i'm 33 now)... and that was with the original Hawk 2 and then Rustler stadium trucks... so... i'm pretty rusty and will need a lot of setup help. But, i'm excited to get back into it. I'll be racing at Dirt Burners once I get a setup. My goal is to be ready to race by the end of the month. I'll buy a stock Slash if I have to and just dog around the track.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by seatstothewind
Ay Michigan folks.... anybody got a 2wd SCT for sale? I'm really not picky... i'm poor, haha... and looking to get back into the hobby.

I have a BRAND NEW 3Racing Sakura XI Sport that i'd be willing to trade along with a TT-02R with lots of aluminum. I haven't raced off-road for about 15 years (i'm 33 now)... and that was with the original Hawk 2 and then Rustler stadium trucks... so... i'm pretty rusty and will need a lot of setup help. But, i'm excited to get back into it. I'll be racing at Dirt Burners once I get a setup. My goal is to be ready to race by the end of the month. I'll buy a stock Slash if I have to and just dog around the track.
I would check out the "RC Racers of Michigan" group on facebook if you want to try and buy locally. Not sure many Michiganders would see this post besides myself.

If you post a wanted listing in the for sale section here, I'm sure lots of people will reply. Plenty of new SCT's just came out in the last 4-6 months, so lots of people are looking to offload trucks that are barely a year or two old.
seatstothewind likes this.

Last edited by Krio; 04-05-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

seat im sent from the mitten..
seatstothewind likes this.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Krio
I would check out the "RC Racers of Michigan" group on facebook if you want to try and buy locally. Not sure many Michiganders would see this post besides myself.

If you post a wanted listing in the for sale section here, I'm sure lots of people will reply. Plenty of new SCT's just came out in the last 4-6 months, so lots of people are looking to offload trucks that are barely a year or two old.
I used to belong to that Facebook group but.... I got annoyed with all the crap people post on Facebook, so I deleted my account. Good advice on the Wanted section though! I had no idea that was on the forum. Cheers!