R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Tekin Redline question... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/564714-tekin-redline-question.html)

Bugger234 11-02-2011 06:22 AM

Tekin Redline question...

I just read on the Tekin website that their sensored brushless motors are compatable with sensored and sensor less ESCs... Has anyone tried this out, and if so how did it go?

I got a Xcelorin ESC on one of my b44s, and a mamba max in the other... Just wondering if I could kill two birds with one stone

racing_jason 11-02-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bugger234 (Post 9858934)
I just read on the Tekin website that their sensored brushless motors are compatable with sensored and sensor less ESCs... Has anyone tried this out, and if so how did it go?

I got a Xcelorin ESC on one of my b44s, and a mamba max in the other... Just wondering if I could kill two birds with one stone

Ive never done it but people have done it and never had a problem with it cant see there being a problem.
Jason

lowroad 11-02-2011 07:36 AM

All sensored motors will run on a sensorless esc, as far as i know. It's the other way around, related to a particular esc, where some will some won't. i.e. running unsensored with a novak esc will not work, same with viper, etc...

Tekin esc's on the other hand can run sensored or non sensored and have a mode for each. In fact, i run mine often in dual mode, which is sensored off the start, up to a certain rpm range, then non once it's going for greater efficiency.

Bugger234 11-02-2011 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by lowroad (Post 9859200)
All sensored motors will run on a sensorless esc, as far as i know. It's the other way around, related to a particular esc, where some will some won't. i.e. running unsensored with a novak esc will not work, same with viper, etc...

Tekin esc's on the other hand can run sensored or non sensored and have a mode for each. In fact, i run mine often in dual mode, which is sensored off the start, up to a certain rpm range, then non once it's going for greater efficiency.

So what you are saying is that I can use a Tekin 6.5t Redline on both my Mamba Max and Losi Xcelorin? The Mamba Max is not sensored, but the Xcelorin is... Oh, and do i need the sensor cable to plug the redline into the xcelorin all the way?

lowroad 11-02-2011 08:07 AM

what I am saying is that it's the esc that determines compatibility, not the motor.

Bugger234 11-02-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by lowroad (Post 9859301)
what I am saying is that it's the esc that determines compatibility, not the motor.

Alright. I'll do some research.

madweazl 11-02-2011 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bugger234 (Post 9859371)

The motor will work just fine with the a sensorless ESC. Expect to see some cogging from the sensorless setup with such a hot wind though.

lowroad 11-02-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bugger234 (Post 9859371)

No, yes, I'm sorry. Not enough coffee. No reason that motor shouldn't work with the mamba max (best esc castle ever built in my opinion, btw). But like mentioned above, there will most likely be some small amount of cogging because of the fact that it is a 6.5, which is pretty stout. The losi xceleron will absolutely also run it with a sensor cable as well. Sorry I wasn't clear, and sounded dickish.

Bugger234 11-02-2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by lowroad (Post 9859776)
No, yes, I'm sorry. Not enough coffee. No reason that motor shouldn't work with the mamba max (best esc castle ever built in my opinion, btw). But like mentioned above, there will most likely be some small amount of cogging because of the fact that it is a 6.5, which is pretty stout. The losi xceleron will absolutely also run it with a sensor cable as well. Sorry I wasn't clear, and sounded dickish.

Oh no no no, definitely didn't sound dickish... I am just really inexperienced in these terms. Got the mamba max last year, used, as my first brushless setup. Was running brushed from there backwards.

Don't be too harsh on yourself. I never even thought you sounded dickish, or rude...