Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
How many would love to have warm tires in these cold months? >

How many would love to have warm tires in these cold months?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many would love to have warm tires in these cold months?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default How many would love to have warm tires in these cold months?

I am working on something that will make indoor racing even better than ever!

you know how sometimes it takes a while to get them tires warm and up to temperature to where you can really push your truck/buggy?

I am just wondering how many have always wanted warm tires before the race even starts?
Old 11-01-2011, 01:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team RTS

you know how sometimes it takes a while to get them tires warm and up to temperature to where you can really push your truck/buggy?

I am just wondering how many have always wanted warm tires before the race even starts?
I have had the same idea, although my idea was pretty simple for me to reproduce. Heating pad inside a small cooler although these new heating pads shut off automatically...

On high the tires come out around 180* but it doesn't last too long!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Tech Adept

I have sent my ideas, designs, and everything that they need to an actual "Tire Warming" Company. Ill let you know when they email me back.

Hopefully when said and done we will be able to plug in (all hooked up to the same plug) and heat all 4 tires individually while either having them on, or off the truck.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team RTS
Does it look like this?
Old 11-01-2011, 04:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Mine looks like this!

Heating pad INSIDE the cooler...

Its like a crock pot for your tires!
Attached Thumbnails How many would love to have warm tires in these cold months?-smallcooler.png   How many would love to have warm tires in these cold months?-sunbeam-health-home-756-500-standard-heating-pad-new-arthritic-controller.jpg  
Old 11-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

In the karting world, we call those hot boxes, and that very ingenious buddy! Thats what I love about RC is how inovative people are.

Sean B. No, well, sorta, but not completely, however even with the warmers ON the tires, you can take them off or put them on your truck without having to remove them.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Trinity used to make tire warmers, basically heating pads you wrapped around the tires.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I made one out of a 12 pack cooler, and a low wattage hair dryer. Cut a hole in the lid ,on one end of the cooler, and mounted the hair to that. Then cut a couple holes on the bottom, and the opposite end as dryer. I would post some pictures, but I chucked it at the end of the season. It worked but the tires would cool down too quickly, in the end it was just good for drying tires after cleaning them.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

you are correct, and I can assure you if I can get these made, and its the only company I want to make them, that they will be the best in quality and performance.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChefDementia
I made one out of a 12 pack cooler, and a low wattage hair dryer. Cut a hole in the lid ,on one end of the cooler, and mounted the hair to that. Then cut a couple holes on the bottom, and the opposite end as dryer. I would post some pictures, but I chucked it at the end of the season. It worked but the tires would cool down too quickly, in the end it was just good for drying tires after cleaning them.
Seems to be a problem with them cooling down to quick, and your not the only one with that problem.

With this design you will be able to keep them on until YOU want to take them off at the grid, or have someone else take them off while your on the drivers stand getting ready to leave everyone behind
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anybody actually temp gun'd a tire after a race? How hot do they get? I can't imagine it's very hot.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

No, not very hot, however sometimes warm, however if we start out warmer it will end up being better or warmer in the end. The warmer the tires, the more bite (to a point) a lot of the same reason why we prep tires for indoor hard packed clay tracks, for bite.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks, I didn't think they got very hot. I'd love to see pictures when you can, you're making a lot of claims and I'd like to believe you, but as the saying goes "gotta see it to believe it."
Old 11-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Arrow

I thought this is why we have different tire compounds. You heat up a super soft and the tire is gonna squirm like crazy.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I've tried tires warmers before they are only good for a couple laps before the cold surface pulls the heat out of the tire. Your better off running the correct compound instead of playing with warmers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.