Wiki Posts
Search

Help gluing 10th buggy tires!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Help gluing 10th buggy tires!

Hi, I just purchased my first pair of new tires for my 10th buggy, and it all looked good but the foams are way too wide! I'm sure I'm missing something and would love that helpful hint! Thanks

-Erik
Old 10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC8daBOMB
Hi, I just purchased my first pair of new tires for my 10th buggy, and it all looked good but the foams are way too wide! I'm sure I'm missing something and would love that helpful hint! Thanks

-Erik
they will fit mate just work them inside the tyre and keep pushing them in and spreading them out

they will work out just fine , many have asked the same question buddy

i know they just look wrong , you can also buy the closed cell foams then you dont have to worry about trying to push the large older style of foam into the tyres
Old 10-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC8daBOMB

-Erik
As stated above just squeeze them in. Although some 1/10 4wd front tires come with rear foams you can cut those down.

Also, some racers trim the foam down to the with of the actual tire before installing. But squeezing in what it comes with will create a firmer tire.

And then, you can always trim the edges inner and outer to curve to the edge of the tyre. Also avoids the tyre glue accidentally gluing the foam to the rim when glueing the tyre on.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Rookie

yesser foams will fit i usually cut about 1/4in off at a 45deg angel on both sides{ just trim the corners } on both id and od but at least do the inside for gluing you dont wanna get ca on the foams and sanding the bead on the wheel helps knock the burs off the bead and the glue holds better