Like Tree17Likes

Team Associated RC8.2e Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 10:16 PM
Mco
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Vertical steering #89567 fix/hack

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I wanted to share this. SoI bought this rc8 car for a steal and wanted to dabble in 1/8 scale anyway. I bought all the parts to make it electric. It's a blast to drive. I impulsively purchased the vertical c-hub and its steering knuckle when I was buying up everything rc8 I could from the team associated website. Much to my dismay, I was missing ass89567 pins and sleeves that finishes up this steering marvel. So I scoured the net and could find nothing, not even on eBay. WTF!? I took measurements and bought some hardware from China (can't guarantee it's virus free). This is my solution. I'll include the links in a second post as I have to get them from my account and I'm on my phone. But it works! Apparently I can't post my pics or URLs?

4mm x 6mm top hat bearing
12mm clevis pin (closest to the groove pins ASS uses) C
vertical steering c-hub and knuckle

This was supposed to be a pic of the all the parts. I'll try again after I post 9 more times.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:21 PM
Mco
Tech Adept

Just wanted to say hi and put in more posts.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:24 PM
Mco
Tech Adept

I think I may have read all 495 pages.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:25 PM
Mco
Tech Adept

I just purchased two 3s lipos to power my car. I'm worried that my gearing of 15/46 is wrong for 6s. What do you think? 6 more posts.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:28 PM
Mco
Tech Adept

My converted rc8 to desert buggy complete with roll cage is too heavy. It's got aluminum panels. Its bottoming out like crazy on 40/35 with silver all around. I'm thinking of going 60/55 and blues.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:55 PM
Mco
Tech Adept

I'm compiling a list of parts that at compatible with other cars. There must be something like this already created. Please direct me if you know if such list. Thanks.

​​​​​​​
Old 04-02-2020, 04:59 PM
Mco
Tech Adept

As promised earlier, but I couldn't post pics yet. Here they are.

So this is my workaround for asc89567. I can't find this anywhere so I had to make my own. I linked them below.

Pins - Clevis Pins

Bushing - Copper bushing with flange

Old 04-03-2020, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mco
As promised earlier, but I couldn't post pics yet.
Very nice work👏
Those bushings being lost after the pins were snapped in a crash left my Buggy in a box for over a year. Before I found some replacements😎
I’m glad to see someone else is still tinkering with this buggy and better yet, you proactively made your own fix👏👏👏

After RCWerks blew me off and stopped responding to messages last month, after initially saying he probably had RC8 parts I needed then never responding to multiple messages.
I just started looking on facebook RC groups, offer up,craigslist and let go.

I got lucky and found someone selling RC8.2E discontinued parts, in the Team Associated Facebook Buy/sell group 😂😂😂

I just completely replaced my front and rear diff pinions, planet/sun gears, ring gear, diff housing. All of it brand new parts.
Best part I only paid $30 shipped for the lot🥳 and I still have spares in case something breaks while bashing.
Enjoy your buggy but at this point, this thread is dead like any support from Associated for this model. Thankfully the thing is a tank and most parts that break or need replacing can still be found or in your case fabricated as needed. Enjoy the buggy its one of the funnest I’ve owned🙌🏽

BTW nice Batmobile🤓

Last edited by AE SC10 4X4; 04-03-2020 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:35 PM
Mco
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AE SC10 4X4
Very nice work👏
Those bushings being lost after the pins were snapped in a crash left my Buggy in a box for over a year. Before I found some replacements😎
I’m glad to see someone else is still tinkering with this buggy and better yet, you proactively made your own fix👏👏👏

After RCWerks blew me off and stopped responding to messages last month, after initially saying he probably had RC8 parts I needed then never responding to multiple messages.
I just started looking on facebook RC groups, offer up,craigslist and let go.

I got lucky and found someone selling RC8.2E discontinued parts, in the Team Associated Facebook Buy/sell group 😂😂😂

I just completely replaced my front and rear diff pinions, planet/sun gears, ring gear, diff housing. All of it brand new parts.
Best part I only paid $30 shipped for the lot🥳 and I still have spares in case something breaks while bashing.
Enjoy your buggy but at this point, this thread is dead like any support from Associated for this model. Thankfully the thing is a tank and most parts that break or need replacing can still be found or in your case fabricated as needed. Enjoy the buggy its one of the funnest I’ve owned🙌🏽

BTW nice Batmobile🤓
Thanks. You're right. This is my first dabble into 8th scale and it's a blast. The SC8/DB is going to be 6s. I just realized that my power output is going to be too much for my deans plugs. I'll run them until they thermo off the wires. We had a school assembly that highlighted the clubs on campus and our cars were the highlight. Unfortunately, the ramp we built was too pitched and it sent my rc8 into the overhead screen that was hanging 25ft up. There are tire marks on that screen now that I have wipe off when we get back to school. I noticed your handle is sc104x4. I have that car and love it. If you head over to the sc104x4 forum, you'll see my latest posts. I also have so many parts for that car that I'm sure I can build about 10 of them. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I just wanted to show off what I was working on during this weird time. Be safe and stay healthy.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:38 PM
Mco
Tech Adept

SC10 4x4,

Will do you do me a solid and measure the pins and sleeve for me? I want to get the measurements as close as possible. So if you can measure from the base of the cap/head to the first part of the groove, the groove itself, the entire length of the pin. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mco
SC10 4x4,

Will do you do me a solid and measure the pins and sleeve for me? I want to get the measurements as close as possible. So if you can measure from the base of the cap/head to the first part of the groove, the groove itself, the entire length of the pin. Thanks.
I’m happy to get those measurements and take pics for you a little later today when I get off work.
I’ll post back up.
I loved my SC10 4x4🥰
I had the exotek chassis, hubs, spring cups, and even the exotek wing spacers I even had the M2C toe block and the little brass weights from AE. I sadly sold it and my other track vehicle when I moved from the midwest to Philadelphia as there is no local track or LHS here. But I picked up the RC8.2E because I never had driven 8th scale or a Buggy🤓 But I always liked how they flew across the air off jumps😎 and they have a wing so its meant to fly👍

Last edited by AE SC10 4X4; 04-04-2020 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:38 AM
Mco
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AE SC10 4X4
I’m happy to get those measurements and take pics for you a little later today when I get off work.
I’ll post back up.
I loved my SC10 4x4🥰
I had the exotek chassis, hubs, spring cups, and even the exotek wing spacers I even had the M2C toe block and the little brass weights from AE. I sadly sold it and my other track vehicle when I moved from the midwest to Philadelphia as there is no local track or LHS here. But I picked up the RC8.2E because I never had driven 8th scale or a Buggy🤓 But I always liked how they flew across the air off jumps😎 and they have a wing so its meant to fly👍
Thanks. I still love my sc104x4. I see some of the shortcomings of it, but it's really a very capable car. I have a sc104x4 that's a buggy, the regular sc104x4 short course, and then another one that is a bug body. They're all 4s shorties. And honestly too powerful to handle all that power. Good thing is that I have an insane amount of parts.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mco
Thanks. I still love my sc104x4. I see some of the shortcomings of it, but it's really a very capable car. I have a sc104x4 that's a buggy, the regular sc104x4 short course, and then another one that is a bug body. They're all 4s shorties. And honestly too powerful to handle all that power. Good thing is that I have an insane amount of parts.
sorry for the delay, got sidetracked with work and had to go out of town for the easter holiday. Heres some pics I hope they are what you’re looking for and if you want to buy a complete set of the bushings and pins there is a guy on facebook selling a pack for $30🤨 I have what I need so I didn’t get them but he has them.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Do any of you guys have any stock steering block bushings for a RC8 part# 89029
Old 04-16-2020, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Livnonthedge
Do any of you guys have any stock steering block bushings for a RC8 part# 89029
i do. Kinda stinks that part looks discontinued, consider db8 is still being sold and uses those.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.