Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Team Associated RC8.2e Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
Here ya go, I ran one for about 8+ months, it works great and can be a reliable, fast truck even on a 2s setup.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...c10-2-4wd.html

Sweet, man. That's exactly what I was looking for.

So for minimalist conversion, it looks like all I'll need is the 1) the truck shell. 2) SC8 front and rear bumper. 3) Body mounts.

I'll try to make the stock Rc8.2 shock towers work with the body mounts via the top shock screws, right? Where can I get tall body mounts and how do I get them to not collapse or break?

Again, I don't race so I have no need to try to miminize weight, width or anything. I'm just want a runner that looks like a truck with the power, durability, and handling characteristics of the 1/8 buggy. I already have a 1/10 buggy and although the Rc8.2e RTR shell looks nice I have an infatuation with trucks, including the 1:1 daily driver that that I lifted 5 inches this year. The Ford Raptor truck shell would look great. So it'd be nice to have a truck in my RC collection.

STOKED.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Yello
Sweet, man. That's exactly what I was looking for.

So for minimalist conversion, it looks like all I'll need is the 1) the truck shell. 2) SC8 front and rear bumper. 3) Body mounts.

I'll try to make the stock Rc8.2 shock towers work with the body mounts via the top shock screws, right? Where can I get tall body mounts and how do I get them to not collapse or break?

Again, I don't race so I have no need to try to miminize weight, width or anything. I'm just want a runner that looks like a truck with the power, durability, and handling characteristics of the 1/8 buggy. I already have a 1/10 buggy and although the Rc8.2e RTR shell looks nice I have an infatuation with trucks, including the 1:1 daily driver that that I lifted 5 inches this year. The Ford Raptor truck shell would look great. So it'd be nice to have a truck in my RC collection.

STOKED.
The stock towers are too low, you can get the cheap stamped aluminum RTR ones if you don't wanna shell out for the machined or carbon ones.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ar-Shock-Tower

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...nt-Shock-Tower

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ll-Cage-Mounts
Old 09-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The carbon towers actually have notches in them for the bumper mounts to go right in, and the SC8 body mounts go right on top of the shock towers.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-2-4wd-29.html
Old 09-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So my track buddy just gave me a rc8.2e roller. It has no electronics and I need your guys advice on what I should buy?

I need a esc, motor and servo. Please give me some advice I can drive okay since I am driving 2wd Mod buggy so this 1/8 scale shouldn't be all that bad.

I will be running my buggy at OCRC, IERC and Revelation tracks here in Los Angeles.

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just built one with the LRP esc and motor combo on amain with an airtronics servo.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cridd
I just built one with the LRP esc and motor combo on amain with an airtronics servo.
Which airtronics servos did you use?? Thanks.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I used Airtronics 94780M.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by millhouse420
So my track buddy just gave me a rc8.2e roller. It has no electronics and I need your guys advice on what I should buy?

I need a esc, motor and servo. Please give me some advice I can drive okay since I am driving 2wd Mod buggy so this 1/8 scale shouldn't be all that bad.

I will be running my buggy at OCRC, IERC and Revelation tracks here in Los Angeles.

Thanks.
Check my signature, works good for me. If you use a Spectrum Rx you'll need to at a glitch buster with the savox.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Spectrum RX? isn't the glitching caused by a weak BEC so a problem of the ESC and not the reciever?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cody227
Spectrum RX? isn't the glitching caused by a weak BEC so a problem of the ESC and not the reciever?
Technically yes I think, but both components use more power than some of the other brands. You would probably be ok without it with the RX8 and I think the Gen2 is 7A vs. 5A. With the Gen1 if I swing the wheels back and forth a few times I can make the rx blink, put in the glitch buster just to be safe.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Check my signature, works good for me. If you use a Spectrum Rx you'll need to at a glitch buster with the savox.
Nice thanks, I will be using a airtronics so I hope I do not have any glitches.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

So, first race and first medal with 8.2E - third place in 1/8Ebuggy class (actually 1/8 unlim due to low number of competitiors).
It was my third time on track with this ebuggy and first official race ever, so i caught shaky hands and tons of mistakes=) But this AE buggy is well suited for beginners like me - it's very durable, i've made many serious crashes and it survived. Furthermore, it has enought room to grow your skills, i'm doubt i'll hit limit of this kit in next season.
Setup was overall good, but i've made one seroius mistake: i've changed rear camber link to 3rd hole (outer side) and 1st hole (shock tower side) leaving AE silver springs, but local track is very bumpy and small (~20sec lap time), so silvers were too stiff. Later i've tried AE green springs and it was so smooth... But, that is something called experience.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

which way do you guys run your droop screws? Head on bottom or top? Manual says head down but it's a real pain to adjust at the track.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
which way do you guys run your droop screws? Head on bottom or top? Manual says head down but it's a real pain to adjust at the track.
You run them head down, the screws are hollow and have a hex in them, kinda like a grub or set screw that you use to adjust them from the top. I'm pretty sure its a 2.0mm
Old 09-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
You run them head down, the screws are hollow and have a hex in them, kinda like a grub or set screw that you use to adjust them from the top. I'm pretty sure its a 2.0mm
Ah ha! I noticed they were hallow but didn't think to try a hex in there. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.