Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Team Associated RC8.2e Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BLbound
Nice! Did you also switch out the old diff ring gears for the new lightened ring gears?
Ring gears ??? Or the out drives ???
Old 04-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Nice! Did you also switch out the old diff ring gears for the new lightened ring gears?
Pat be nice don't need to give him the same buzz kill you went through! Let the man be happy for at least 24 hours! Ha ha ahhh talk to you soon bud! Grassroots at The Dirt in Hemet this weekend if your down!!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by D3mOnIcRc8e
Ring gears ??? Or the out drives ???
Diff input coupler, ring gears and out drives are all lightened on the RC8.2. And those are the expensive parts! Sorry bro your close though! Come out to Hemet this weekend and run the Grassroots race your local!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does the weight reduction come at a cost of durability? Likely a stupid question but... im converting a used 8BFT as well... but havent convinced myself to snag the driveline parts yet.

I did pick up those CF front and rear shock towers... sexxy. They match the CF towers on my 8Te...
Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Diff input coupler, ring gears and out drives are all lightened on the RC8.2. And those are the expensive parts! Sorry bro your close though! Come out to Hemet this weekend and run the Grassroots race your local!!!
Well i rebuilt all the diffs with the new .2 diffs rebuild kits but i still have not done the out drives, not sure if i want to do it just yet. But yeah ok i guess we can say i have a 95% full rc8.2 lol
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys-still having problems with leaking diffs.

I am in contact with Thunder Tiger (they to the service for Team Asso here in Europe) since 4 month now.

They state, that I am the only one having problems with the diffs, even though I did send them many links to prove, that I am not the only one.

They also say, that the diffs have NOT been changed sind early RC8/ T / B... versions.

Can somebody help me, to prove that the diffs have been changed - may be you have pics to show the differences?

Many thanks for your help!

Beside that: I love that car:-)
Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DaveW

I just have 8 complete diffs laying around, so i was mix matching parts to see what might be the culprit. Thats when i noticed the diff housing mold has had an update...
Hi Dave, could you please explain that a little more, I mean the diff housing mold, please?

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm really not sure what's going on with all the leaky diffs.

File me under the "not having a problem" group. None of my diffs leak anything outside of normal that every car I've had leaks (a few drops here and there).

I didn't sand anything, I'm using the stock gasket and I'm not doubling them up.

Where's it leaking from? Are the screws too tight or not tight enough? Is your spur gear warped? Have you tried another one?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd

File me under the "not having a problem" group. None of my diffs leak anything outside of normal that every car I've had leaks (a few drops here and there).

I didn't sand anything, I'm using the stock gasket and I'm not doubling them up.

Where's it leaking from? Are the screws too tight or not tight enough? Is your spur gear warped? Have you tried another one?
I'm with you on this one. I haven't had a single drop leak out of mine. I used mobil 1 synthetic grease on the outdrives and orings when I built them. That's the only thing I did different.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd

I too am in this group. Had my e-buggy for about 5 months now and rebuilt the diffs a good 8-10 times and not one single leak. Other than a slight over fill on it once.

Did nothing different from the book.

My thought is guys are over tightening the spur and causing it to warp. I build mine with a cordless Hitachi on the lowest Torque setting, the screws don't bottom out, I go back and hand tighten them just until they are snug.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by imprsme

My thought is guys are over tightening the spur and causing it to warp.
Defintely NOT overtightened!
Also built according to instructions!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone running team Orion esc and motor combo? Not sure what I want to go with that or tekin any help.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SikKustomz
Anyone running team Orion esc and motor combo? Not sure what I want to go with that or tekin any help.
I ordered the r8 with the mr8 1950kv. My buddy was running the tekin 1900 combo on his mp9 tki2 wc and it was very inconsistent with the power delivery. He had a local kyosho team driver take his car out for a few laps and he was having the same issue. So he switched to Orion and he is loving it. Power delivery is silky smooth and consistent and the brakes are money.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2012RCTECH
Hi Dave, could you please explain that a little more, I mean the diff housing mold, please?

Thanks!
These are taken with my Droid... and Photobucket compresses the images... but you can get an idea at least. On my Droid you can zoom on the pix and really see the difference between the two gasket surfaces...

1st gen... notice the gasket surface...

Notice the flat face of the housing...

2nd gen... notice the refined gasket surface...

Notice the differences in the housing shape...

Internals look the same. The bearing surface area looks to have been changed to reduce gear case/diff housing contact as the bearings develop slop. I dont know if the gasket surface was cleaned up intentionally or not... as there are still some irregularities in it. Its better than the 1st gen housing... but not perfect.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Wow great pics! Very clear! Thanks for pointing that out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.