Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boost Bottles by MIP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Boost Bottles by MIP?

HAS anyone ever used it? DOES it work? HOW does it work? IS it worth it?

Dante`
Old 11-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

They aren't worth much. What they do is store vacuum. After a high speed run, hit brakes, corner, slight boost in throttle response comming out of corner. Can't store vacuum long enough to be of much use. Huge risk to engine! Any leak develops in the system and enginel leans out dramatically. Bye bye engine.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default O ok

SOunds bad to me...thanks alot.

Dante
Old 12-02-2004, 09:33 AM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey can anybody get a picture of one of these?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Of the bottle?

Yeah go to ebay and look it up Under Boost bottles-MIP. They look just like Nitrous Bottle that people put in their Real Life cars I think.

Dante`
Old 12-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Legend

i love boost bottles, I got two of um on my Gt, Thinking of adding another just to be sure....
Old 12-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have one on a Hyper .21m and I noticed a difference in the bottom end. I went and ran the car without it and got it tuned in and the normal race stuff. Let the engine come in and cool after putting a few tanks through it. Then I put the bottle on and set the engine again. I noticed a difference. It's really not alot but for a $5 piece that actually comes in a few engines, built in, it's not really a worry.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Anyway

Does your engine run hot at all? How do you prevent over heating it with out richening it to much and losing power.

Dante`
Old 12-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

The first thing that engine tuners do when modifying an engine that comes equipped with a boost bottle (built in on rear cover) is; GET RID OF IT!. Any gain you might have noticed is imaginary. When you make any such change to your engine, there is a change in mixture. THAT is responsible for the performance change. If you are realy convinced that they help, by all means keep using one... They make new engines everyday.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

i had one on my t-maxx when i bought the new engine for it used it two days and dumped it . i got a new back plate to get rid of it
Old 12-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default ???/

Whats a back plate? Are you talking about you had having the chamber and not the bottle?

Any ways of re tuning it to run lower temps with out losing the power?

Dante
Old 12-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

the backplate is under your pullstarter but on a non pullstart engine that's where they put some boost bottles at . you will get
a very slight increase in the power range because there is more presure in the crank case .. retuning will need to take place ..
Old 12-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default O I see

O ok cool. Well No boost it is then lol...I'd rather imagine the power haha.

Dante`
Old 12-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you want boost get a large fuel filter take out the filter stone from inside put it on the pressure line in the middle and whalla boosted pressure.Technique good if engine is hard to keep on .
Old 12-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by never lift
the backplate is under your pullstarter but on a non pullstart engine that's where they put some boost bottles at . you will get
a very slight increase in the power range because there is more presure in the crank case .. retuning will need to take place ..
The backplate boost chambers work exactly the same as the MIP bottles. There is no opening in the back plate, it's just a hollow chamber. The pressure comes from the intake fitting below the carb.

Again, there is no aperture from the crankcase to the backplate boost chamber so it doesn't get any pressure through the engine's crankcase except at the intake fitting.

You will get very little to no power gain from this and often plugging the fitting will allow the engine to run better. Just MHO based on owning several .21 engines so equiped.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.