Search
Like Tree452Likes

Carpet Off-road Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
nice! you get a chance to take a close up would like to run it by some folks here, more visual type lol.
Sure can if I get a chance. Or you could come to IA and race with us! Check out our website with the upcoming schedule.
TBRL ? Fort Dodge's Own RC Racing League

Old 12-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

hi guys new here and just after springs for my cougar kc any ideas best place i the UK to get them.

thanks
Old 12-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evo1422
hi guys new here and just after springs for my cougar kc any ideas best place i the UK to get them.

thanks

For Europe- I would recommend MiboSport

http://www.mibosport.com/en

MOmo
Old 12-04-2018, 01:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Evo1422

thanks
You can get them directly from Schumacher themselves on their website. If not, try MB Models
Old 12-04-2018, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

How much rear toe-in do you have when driving on carpet?
Old 12-05-2018, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D1360
There are some variables but 2 to 3 degrees.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Yea, bee driving with 2.5 and works perfect!
Old 12-06-2018, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by D1360
Been as low as 1deg with the B6.1, typically 2deg
Old 12-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

been adjusting rear toe more these days, its a nice tuning option I am finding to free up the rear end here but you can overdo it too lol.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi guys, just found this thread. I've been racing carpet pretty much exclusively for the last 5 years here in Michigan. I know some carpet tracks don't allow foam tires, but if they do you need to get a hold of Rick Seffrood on face book. He ownes Gone Bananaz Racing Skins and makes the best foam tires and will custom make them for just about anything. I have found them to work great on rubber surface, black ozite and grey ozite, they are much more consistent than rubber tires and you will get easily 12 race days out of a set for around $50 a set. I am a team driver for Rick, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll help get you hooked up.

Thanks,
Ron Jackson
Gone Bananas Racing Skinz Team Driver
Old 12-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tipperjackson
Hi guys, just found this thread. I've been racing carpet pretty much exclusively for the last 5 years here in Michigan. I know some carpet tracks don't allow foam tires, but if they do you need to get a hold of Rick Seffrood on face book. He ownes Gone Bananaz Racing Skins and makes the best foam tires and will custom make them for just about anything. I have found them to work great on rubber surface, black ozite and grey ozite, they are much more consistent than rubber tires and you will get easily 12 race days out of a set for around $50 a set. I am a team driver for Rick, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll help get you hooked up.

Thanks,
Ron Jackson
Gone Bananas Racing Skinz Team Driver
For the tracks where you race foams do they run a diameter limitation rule? Is there some variance they use as what they call the "minimum" sizes?
Old 12-06-2018, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

I've used these tires on black and grey carpets. I didn't like them as much on the grey carpet; car seemed to understeer more than on rubber tires and forward bite on accel saw the rear trying to step out. I didn't mess with my setup as the grey rug track used AKAs as the spec tire. On black carpet they are great, I gained almost 1 sec/lap from my rubber tire times w/no setup changes. The black rug track had no spec tire but almost everybody ran the skinz; I changed after blowing out a rear rubber tire. The foam compound feels harder than 1/12 scale blue stripe tires. IMO minimum diameter isn't that important as the overall wheel stiffness will compromise the handling. I expect this stiffness will upset the car landing jumps. I wound up adding shock preload as the tires wore to maintain 17 mm on my XB2c as it just didn't feel right at lower ride heights thus negating that benefit of a smaller dia wheel. I trued my tires once last year after about 8 race days(~50 runs), all 4 tires had a noticeable cone that threw off the handling; cornering was too aggressive and accel was funny, these were both contact patch problems. A simple skimming with the truer fixed the problem and I got about the same 8 race days and still have 76mm dia tires. Started at 80mm, rim is at 61. No gluing or chunking
Old 12-07-2018, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
For the tracks where you race foams do they run a diameter limitation rule? Is there some variance they use as what they call the "minimum" sizes?
I think most tracks nowadays have just banned them because you typically turn them down to close to the minimum diameter, run them a few times, then put newly turned down tires on...
Old 12-07-2018, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Have you guys seen the Viking Racetrack in S. Africa? It looks pretty awesome...
pano in FB
Club Page
Old 12-07-2018, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
I think most tracks nowadays have just banned them because you typically turn them down to close to the minimum diameter, run them a few times, then put newly turned down tires on...
I've heard of this in onroad 12th scale but never offroad? At my local track, we can run foams or slicks only. (No pins) In my opinion, newer/taller foams are quicker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.