Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the better setup for 2X4 SC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default Whats the better setup for 2X4 SC?

I have 2 Blitz's... One im going to keep and one im going to sell to a friend for some make shift parking lot racing (paved). We dont have a club or race circuit, its just us and some orange cones. But I need an opinion (which is always scary)

The one truck has an MMP with Novak 10.5 in it. The other has an MMP with either a Castle 3900 4 pole (re-branded as a Duratrax Element) or a Castle 4 pole 4600... I can choose either motor.

What would be the best setup? We run 2S, only on paved surfaces, not sanctioned racing... Ive BEEN running the MMP/3900 combo and its already really fast but doesnt get hot at all (no need to gear up as its too fast as it is). Id like to have the same temps and speeds... but not sure if the novak motor is going to be a step up or down or basically the same as the castle motors.

Just thought id grab your opinions on which setup I should keep and which I should sell.

Thanks