Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waiting for novaks new esc to replace havoc pro

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Blah Blah Blah. the OP didnt ask anyone for their opinion on Novak. He asked if anyone knows anything about the new esc. But as usual the online crap talkers jump up and bash a company for no reason at all. I have my own opinion on novak and its not likely what you think but ill keep it to myself since nobody asked.

and no, i dont know anything about the new esc.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

And here you are talking crap about the crap talkers ! Great job !
Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was fortunate enough to met Bob Novak this last winter , he came into the shop I was managing for some snowboard boots. I didnt know who he was , just some guy in a novak sweatshirt. I spent a couple of hours with him fitting him in boots and in some bindings. He is the coolest down to earth guy I have met, Towards the end of our fitting i asked if he was into the rc stuff as i noticed his sweatshirt, He informed me he was Bob Novak, I was really new to the electric stuff and was just getting ready to convert my losi 8ight from nitro to e power. I asked him a million questions about e power and what would be the best set up for me . He was honest and gave me solid info on his and everyones product, and even directed me to a competitors product for my newbie experience. I told him I was impressed with him still keeping his company in the usa and he offered to give me a tour of the facility. I was able to finally hook up with him a month or so ago at his facility for the tour. The place is impressive to say the least. He gave me a step by step tour of what it takes to make a motor and esc.The amount of hands on asymbly and the equipment they had on site to build the motors and esc's was overwhelming. I was blown away that they charged so little for their products for the time, equipment ,and materials involved to build them. The amount of testing that each item goes through on its travels through production amazed me. I commented on how he was using so much skilled usa labor , not the usual bunch of low paid illegals doing asymbly like many industries use , but solid trained educated people.He said it was the only way to keep quality up. He stated that with the skilled folks , trying to source the best components and all the testing they do it is still electronics and a few go bad. I was with Bob and charlie in the returns section ( which had only a few items processing at the time) and they both sort of chuckled that 90% of the issue they see could be avoided if everyone just read and followed the directions .The % of returned product vs what was sold was VERY LOW. I am in retail and am familiar with return ratios and it was amazingly low for what we put these electronic through. Strap your ipod on top of your buggy and go run a few packs through it and see how it works after that ride. Like he said earlier it is electronics and issues come up. From what I have heard on line and at the tracks , yes some issue arise , but the novak team does what it takes to get people back on the track asap , weather it was usuer error or product failure. Yes eveyones product goes bad , read each of the specific manufactors fourms here and you will see issues. The real deciding factor is the follow up support you get when issues arise and i think novak is probably tops in the industry with that. You always hear about the bad issues on these fourms , some pissed off person whose life was ruined when their silly little car did not run, never the praise of the satisfied users as we just expect it to work always and if it does , well that is what it should have done right. so buy what you think is right for you , hopefully it works perfect , and when a problem arises hopefully your taken care of as well as novak does for their customers.

my 2 cents

I run castle , tekin and novak

Last edited by old&slow; 09-28-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: i cant spell
Old 09-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocktechRC
Blah Blah Blah. the OP didnt ask anyone for their opinion on Novak. He asked if anyone knows anything about the new esc. But as usual the online crap talkers jump up and bash a company for no reason at all. I have my own opinion on novak and its not likely what you think but ill keep it to myself since nobody asked.

and no, i dont know anything about the new esc.
Thanks man I needed someone to point that out.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by old&slow
I was fortunate enough to met Bob Novak this last winter , he came into the shop I was managing for some snowboard boots. I didnt know who he was , just some guy in a novak sweatshirt. I spent a couple of hours with him fitting him in boots and in some bindings. He is the coolest down to earth guy I have met, Towards the end of our fitting i asked if he was into the rc stuff as i noticed his sweatshirt, He informed me he was Bob Novak, I was really new to the electric stuff and was just getting ready to convert my losi 8ight from nitro to e power. I asked him a million questions about e power and what would be the best set up for me . He was honest and gave me solid info on his and everyones product, and even directed me to a competitors product for my newbie experience. I told him I was impressed with him still keeping his company in the usa and he offered to give me a tour of the facility. I was able to finally hook up with him a month or so ago at his facility for the tour. The place is impressive to say the least. He gave me a step by step tour of what it takes to make a motor and esc.The amount of hands on asymbly and the equipment they had on site to build the motors and esc's was overwhelming. I was blown away that they charged so little for their products for the time, equipment ,and materials involved to build them. The amount of testing that each item goes through on its travels through production amazed me. I commented on how he was using so much skilled usa labor , not the usual bunch of low paid illegals doing asymbly like many industries use , but solid trained educated people.He said it was the only way to keep quality up. He stated that with the skilled folks , trying to source the best components and all the testing they do it is still electronics and a few go bad. I was with Bob and charlie in the returns section ( which had only a few items processing at the time) and they both sort of chuckled that 90% of the issue they see could be avoided if everyone just read and followed the directions .The % of returned product vs what was sold was VERY LOW. I am in retail and am familiar with return ratios and it was amazingly low for what we put these electronic through. Strap your ipod on top of your buggy and go run a few packs through it and see how it works after that ride. Like he said earlier it is electronics and issues come up. From what I have heard on line and at the tracks , yes some issue arise , but the novak team does what it takes to get people back on the track asap , weather it was usuer error or product failure. Yes eveyones product goes bad , read each of the specific manufactors fourms here and you will see issues. The real deciding factor is the follow up support you get when issues arise and i think novak is probably tops in the industry with that. You always hear about the bad issues on these fourms , some pissed off person whose life was ruined when their silly little car did not run, never the praise of the satisfied users as we just expect it to work always and if it does , well that is what it should have done right. so buy what you think is right for you , hopefully it works perfect , and when a problem arises hopefully your taken care of as well as novak does for their customers.

my 2 cents

I run castle , tekin and novak
WOW, old & slow that was quite the complement. Now it is my turn to complement you (I know I am getting a little off the subject but one complement deserves another when it is due.) When I came into Sports Chalet to get fitted for some new boots and bindings for my "Fat Bob" snowboard (yep I am not kidding my board is named "Fat Bob). old & slow spent so much time with me that I half way expected his manager to come and cut him off. Anyway the Boots and Bindings worked great at Mammoth and if any of you racers have ever skied or boarded you know how important they are. And at my young age of 72 I need all the help I can get when I am on the slopes.

Now for some salesmanship on my part for the people out there that do not know anything about Novak Electronics. We have been producing quality Electronic equipment
for R/C Cars in Southern California for over thirty years. We strive to make the best possibly product within the restraints of the marketplace. We do so much testing of each product during the manufacturing phases that we sometimes quip that we are making an Aerospace product at toy prices. About 15% of our staff are either degreed Electrical, Mechanical or Software Engineers. We do everything in house except make the individual components.
Does everything work all the time? Unfortunately not, but when they don’t we do everything possible to correct the problem with are Customer Service which I think is one of the best in the business. Do we make mistakes? You bet. Last time I looked nobody’s name around here is God.

Keep up the good racing out there and most important Have Fun.
Bob Novak
Old 09-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Roll on the new 1/8 ESC!!

Will it handle Castle motors like Castle ESCs do? If so, I'm all in to get one

PS: I mean, smooth like a Castle ESC on a Castle motor.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I did not want a full out war a out bating Novak, I was just wanting to know details on the new havoc pro esc with X-DRIVE, that's all. I just received mine and so far so good, my motor really runs cool 98 degrees in my hyper 10sc with an ambient temp of 74 .
Old 10-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motoxbaeza
I did not want a full out war a out bating Novak, I was just wanting to know details on the new havoc pro esc with X-DRIVE, that's all. I just received mine and so far so good, my motor really runs cool 98 degrees in my hyper 10sc with an ambient temp of 74 .
But my tekin powered durango showed that hyper what's up!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bob Novak
WOW, old & slow that was quite the complement. Now it is my turn to complement you (I know I am getting a little off the subject but one complement deserves another when it is due.) When I came into Sports Chalet to get fitted for some new boots and bindings for my "Fat Bob" snowboard (yep I am not kidding my board is named "Fat Bob). old & slow spent so much time with me that I half way expected his manager to come and cut him off. Anyway the Boots and Bindings worked great at Mammoth and if any of you racers have ever skied or boarded you know how important they are. And at my young age of 72 I need all the help I can get when I am on the slopes.

Now for some salesmanship on my part for the people out there that do not know anything about Novak Electronics. We have been producing quality Electronic equipment
for R/C Cars in Southern California for over thirty years. We strive to make the best possibly product within the restraints of the marketplace. We do so much testing of each product during the manufacturing phases that we sometimes quip that we are making an Aerospace product at toy prices. About 15% of our staff are either degreed Electrical, Mechanical or Software Engineers. We do everything in house except make the individual components.
Does everything work all the time? Unfortunately not, but when they don’t we do everything possible to correct the problem with are Customer Service which I think is one of the best in the business. Do we make mistakes? You bet. Last time I looked nobody’s name around here is God.

Keep up the good racing out there and most important Have Fun.
Bob Novak

thanks for making such a great product and standing behind them 100% , recently had an esc burst into smoke , made the 20 min drive to novak and walked out with a brand new one no questions asked. thanks again!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motoxbaeza
What is X drive?
Old 10-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

well im pretty new in this game
i when out and got a nexx sc10 and the novak 4,5T ballistic combo whit it
and i love it i have no problems whit it what so ever and i run on 2S lipo offcourse my freind got the losi scte whi a mmm 2450kv motor and run on 3S lipo i got a bit more topspeed and about same puch a him he got 2-3 min more driving time 13-14 min for me

i can say ill get novak again for my nex ride for sure