Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy Help

This is where I am. I have an ext2, my 1st rc. I wanted to pep it up n went with an ezrun combo. Big mistake. The esc blew the 1st run. I ordered the Castle sv2 thinking that Id b set then found out the HobbyWing motor is finned. Its a 380 made to look like a 540. Tha new controller will also run brushes, so my question is this. Will my 12t titan out bash the little HW4300kv? If so, how long will it last? Ignorance has led me to put 450 bucks in an EXT2. My wife says Im tapped out til she sees the damn thing run more than once. Also Im running a 4000mah 40c 2s. I just want to jump a house n pop insane wheelies. Is that too much to ask?
Old 09-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

How many amp ESC did you get? 35A or 60A? If it's the 35A, no wonder your ESC blew. Also, what gearing are you running?

IMO, you sound like a newbie trying to blame other stuff, other then yourself.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Tech Initiate

No way friend, Im definatly new and tha stuff ife trashed is due to my mistakes. I have no problem admitting that,lol. It was a 35 amp esc that blew. My gears were 19 n 81. I want to run a 25 with the Sidewinder if my 12t titan can handle it. Im just tryin to get a little help from tha folks that know rather than keep tearing stuff up. Or tha HW4300kv. I just dont know which motor to run. Yea, Im DEFINATLY new to this hobby.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Get yourself the Hobbywing Xerun series esc 120A Affordable and one of the better esc around Handles every motor.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Initiate

better than the Sv2 Sidewinder?!?! exrun?? Whatever. Im new but I aint stupid.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrestonHays44
I would take a hobbywing esc over a castle esc any day of the week, as long as it is the appropriate esc.
The 120amp esc is the best esc for the money, IMO.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

just buy a straight up combo. buy a motor and esc that come together from the very start so you know for a fact that they will work together.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile

Sounds like you were trying to save money at first..............
If you had asked ahead of time many people would have told you that you could have bought a complete Castle 3800kv 4 pole system on E/Bay for $102.00. More than enough power for what you are puting it into.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Creat...item5198e8e961

Paul
Old 09-19-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Sounds like you were trying to save money at first..............
If you had asked ahead of time many people would have told you that you could have bought a complete Castle 3800kv 4 pole system on E/Bay for $102.00. More than enough power for what you are puting it into.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Creat...item5198e8e961

Paul

+1 just buy a castle kit
Old 09-19-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrestonHays44
You obviously are. The XeRun ESC's are the higher end eZRun series. Great ESC's and probably a lot better/reliable then your SV2.

35A should never really be run for offroad. If you had gotten the 60A eZRun or XeRun ESC, you'd probably still be running fine today. Also, that motor should be fine for that truck (not brilliant but shouldn't have much trouble). I used to run the same motor in a Traxxas Stampede and it barely got hot and had more then enough power for it. That 4300KV motor should smoke that 12T easily.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanx for tha help guys. Even you Mr xerun. I don't doubt that its a good esc, but it'll neve b a Castle. Ima pop that little 4300 in 4 now. But as soon as I get tha ok from my very preterbed wife, I'm gettin tha Castle motor 2 go with tha Sv2. It just makes sence. Thanx again guys.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Don't get bummed out on EZrun/xerun because your bought the wrong stuff. It's some of the best gear made, and castle's electronics...well, let's just say there are mixed reviews. Saying dumb things like "It'll never be a castle" is just pure ignorance. The xerun esc's are vastly superior to the cost cutting sidewinder esc you have. Don't make the mistake of thinking you know everything right off the bat. You clearly don't. Be humble, accept advice, don't make any assumptions based on magazine ads, tower catalogs, what your buddy with a slash told you, etc.. There's a lot to learn, but folks are more than happy to help. You just have to listen.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Initiate

My decision to frow upon tha ez/xe run products is based on to facts. 1).I waited a month 4 something to come from hong kong that didn't even last one round with lipos. And then couldn't even get any1 to talk to me about tha possibility that it could have been there product that was faulty. That's bad buisnes. 2) I'm a grow man with bills that happens to have picked up a very expensive hobby. My mom n dad don't buy my stuff. I can't afford any of this, much less payin for something w/o any warranty just to have it break. That bn said, I wouldn't use a eznothin for a paper weight. Go Casle!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

wow. You're ignorance is truly astounding. A. you could have gotten that stuff from a stateside distributor, and B. YOU BOUGHT THE WRONG STUFF. Good luck with the hobby, with your attitude, you're going to need it.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

This thread makes my head hurt. The CC stuff has changed alot over the years and not necessarily for the better. As for the "my parents don't buy my stuff" comment, I think you'll find most of the members here are in the same boat. My wife actually drives with me* and has several of her own models.

The problem you had was not taking the time to do the research you needed to in the beginning but just rushing through. It takes a while to ship from China and your time frame sounds about right. I run the 35a esc in my MERV, geared it correctly and used a reasonable size motor.

I think the 120a esc is overkill but still can't hurt. Man up, learn from your mistakes, and point the blame finger where it needs to go. In this case it would be in the mirror.

Oh and please learn to type correctly.

Last edited by mkiiina; 09-19-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: corrected my to me. learned from my mistake and fixed the problem. better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.