Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bombertodd
I have the spoiler on it. Those pics were taken on the way to track before I could get the spoiler installed.
Congrats on a job well done, especially given it was your maiden voyage with the new 22T !!! What was your first reaction of the truck after a couple laps, if you dont mind me asking?.... I like to ask questions like this so I can take back to our manager and continue the pursuit of success in design.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I finished my truck on my lunch break yesterday and barely made it to the track last night to race. No practice, ran ok in the first qualifier. Ran 1-D rear camber link in the second qualifier and did better. Dropped the front from 31mm to 30mm ride height and won the main, the truck handled beautifully.

Running Ryan Dunford's setup with 30 weight oil all around, 29mm back and 30mm front ride height, no weight added Orion 5000 pack all the way back.

I've never won a race (except for the novice class when starting). I kinda like this winning thing...

Here are some pics of my truck. The wiring is sloppy since I took the the speedo out of the short bus. I'm hoping to clean the wiring up next
week.

Looks good man! How did you get that body painted so fast! I am waiting to buy another one to send off for paint.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
Congrats on a job well done, especially given it was your maiden voyage with the new 22T !!! What was your first reaction of the truck after a couple laps, if you dont mind me asking?.... I like to ask questions like this so I can take back to our manager and continue the pursuit of success in design.
I really like the truck. Truck handled great except the rear end was a little loose in the high speed turns. -1 degree camber and 1-d camber link (2mm hub and 1.5mm block ball stud spacers) fixed this quickly. Made the car square up a little better too.

The suspension is amazing! Our track has a back section of rolling whoops about 8 feet apart that are 5-6 inches high. The truck ate these up faster and more stable than any other vehicle on the track.

The body is funky with the bottom tabs. I cut half of the tab off. You can see there is a faint line about a half inch from the corner and I followed it all the way down. I did not notice any performance issue by doing this.

All in all the truck is quality made. Easy to drive, smooth, and tons of steering.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Proffitt
Looks good man! How did you get that body painted so fast! I am waiting to buy another one to send off for paint.
Built the truck Monday night and stayed up late Tuesday painting the truck.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok so prob a dumb ? but whats the deal with the contoured body where it meets the chassis on the sides? Is everyone just cuttin them off? I did see pics somewhere on the net of one with what looked to be rigid plastic screwed to the sides of the chassis.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My LHS just un-boxed a brand new 22t mmmmmm tempting!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AC Driver
Ok so prob a dumb ? but whats the deal with the contoured body where it meets the chassis on the sides? Is everyone just cuttin them off? I did see pics somewhere on the net of one with what looked to be rigid plastic screwed to the sides of the chassis.
I think the goal was to help keep air from getting trapped in the body for jumping. Helps keep dirt out as well.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Built the truck Monday night and stayed up late Tuesday painting the truck.
I love my paint scheme and rarely think of the idea of copying someone elses but i must say i love your paint

Also congrats on your first win. Must've felt good with a nice looking truck on its maiden voyage!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tedstryker
Part number for those yet bodies? Rtr
Thats probaly the best rtr body ive ever seen. It's nice driving tlr cars nowdays!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

bombertodd = awesome sounds good bud, and congrats again!!! Keep it going..

I have the lexan pieces of the under tray body if you will screwed into the sides on the plastic chassis protectors.... with velcro...
Old 01-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rob martin
I love my paint scheme and rarely think of the idea of copying someone elses but i must say i love your paint

Also congrats on your first win. Must've felt good with a nice looking truck on its maiden voyage!
If you like it go ahead and copy it.

All faskolor. White front, fluor. purple shading, fluor. green pin stripe, orange and red streaks back by yellow in the middle, satin chrome pin stripe in the back, and more fluor. green in the back. All shadows are fastint.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob martin
Thats probaly the best rtr body ive ever seen. It's nice driving tlr cars nowdays!
AGREE ....my man
Old 01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tedstryker
AGREE ....my man
Just saw it and I agree. Looks more like a really rc paint scheme and not so much like a commercial job.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (93%+)

here mine i biult it last night after i picked it up it was a fun build heres some pics with my 22
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22T Thread-img_0045%5B1%5D.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-img_0047%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 01-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
bombertodd = awesome sounds good bud, and congrats again!!! Keep it going..

I have the lexan pieces of the under tray body if you will screwed into the sides on the plastic chassis protectors.... with velcro...
Corey, do you have a picture of this? I am having a tough time visualizing the way you did it... granted it will probably make sense when one is in front of me.

Thanks in advance,
Chris Wilde

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.