Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by damn-yankee
Anyone know if the 22t will come with these side 'extensions', or something similar, to keep air from getting under the body and causing the dreaded SCT parachute effect?

Can't wait until October!!!!
Team losi driver told me The body actually tucks under like a "L"... But I didn't actually see this because his 22T/body was still prototype and not final version.

Your picture now kinda makes since, this must be a newer version.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472
Team losi driver told me The body actually tucks under like a "L"... But I didn't actually see this because his 22T/body was still prototype and not final version.

Your picture now kinda makes since, this must be a newer version.
Yeah what he said... Also ST doesn't really suffer from the dreaded parachute effect that SCT does just because the bodies usually comform to the chassis and they are so much smaller than the SCT lids...
Old 08-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
Yeah what he said......
Just doesn't has the same affect....That's what she said....yeah that's much better. Yet so over used...lol
Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)

it that actually a under tray in the picture possibly? or just sides added to help keep dirt & debris out. thecman is correct as we all know ST bodies don't parachute like SC trucks but also it all depends wether your running indoors or out doors with wind gusts IMO
Old 08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by penguineman
it that actually a under tray in the picture possibly? or just sides added to help keep dirt & debris out. thecman is correct as we all know ST bodies don't parachute like SC trucks but also it all depends wether your running indoors or out doors with wind gusts IMO
An underneath shot is needed to tell if its an undertray or just extensions.
I agree ST does parachute outside in the wind... But noone around here drives their ST outside.... Its windy all the time! I tried once in Hutch, not pretty! Inside is much better!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thecman26
An underneath shot is needed to tell if its an undertray or just extensions.
I agree ST does parachute outside in the wind... But noone around here drives their ST outside.... Its windy all the time! I tried once in Hutch, not pretty! Inside is much better!
I agree ST's definitely parachute in the wind. Just not as bad as short course trucks. Here's a link to some closer pics on thebigrc. It looks like sheet metal shaped and riveted onto the mud guards. With the 22t chassis being so narrow compared to traditional plastic chassis ST's, they must be using the extensions to keep the extra air flow out (as well as debris). I'm guessing the kits will come with wider all plastic guards to fit the shape of the truck body. Only time will tell (or Todd Hodge)...

22t pics on thebigrc
Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I agree ST's definitely parachute in the wind. Just not as bad as short course trucks. Here's a link to some closer pics on thebigrc. It looks like sheet metal shaped and riveted onto the mud guards. With the 22t chassis being so narrow compared to traditional plastic chassis ST's, they must be using the extensions to keep the extra air flow out (as well as debris). I'm guessing the kits will come with wider all plastic guards to fit the shape of the truck body. Only time will tell (or Todd Hodge)...

22t pics on thebigrc
I was curious, because amain has parts listed... I know... The truck isn't available for a month or so but they have parts listed, and they show the plastic guards from the buggy... Hopefully the extended pieces come with the kits!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)

watched the video with Hodge in it showing the truck looks pretty cool.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

22t pics on thebigrc
Gotta love The Big RC!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

How big of a spur will fit? is it out yet?
Old 08-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Do we know yet if you can get a body so I can get it to my painter so I am ready when it comes in? Will any current bodies fit the 22T?
Old 08-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis4x4
Do we know yet if you can get a body so I can get it to my painter so I am ready when it comes in? Will any current bodies fit the 22T?
eta on the body is mid sept....

TLR8058
Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
How big of a spur will fit? is it out yet?
It comes with a 82t spur gear, I think Amain might have them available already.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis4x4
I will venture to say that none of the current bodies out will fit right as we tried a few for testing and had to cut holes in all of them. The stock body will come in with the first order of trucks.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Not sure this has been clarified but the under tray was custom made by Mike Truhe and Dustin Evans for their trucks. Myself and Dakotah Phend ran our trucks stock and they performed just as well jumping, even in the wind. The 22T body does have additional cut lines so that the side can be cut lower and folded under for an effect similar to the undertray made by Mike and Dustin.

Is anyone excited for this truck yet!!!???!!!???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.