Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRacer
Where can i get a gear diff from???

A Main listed the Gears for the diff but no crown gear ( Main housing)

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tial-Set-22RTR
Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Please ignore the ball diff hate comments.

There is nothing wrong with the stock Losi ball diffs.

I've been driving on stock diffs since day one without issue. It's all in the build and break in. They don't tolerate abuse well, but honestly, what ball diff does?

If you know what you're doing then you're golden. If you don't, please ask somebody who does know for help. Please stop badmouthing a product because of user error.
Really hate to add to this argument... But the stock balls will not last more than a day (ON A CARPET TRACK) we have super high traction running foam tires. Half of the "top 10" drivers at our track who bought 22t's have also bought a gear diff simply because the diff can't handle the traction speed etc.

Some racers here that have been racing for 5-10+ years crunched the ball diff on carpet in 1-2 days and they definitely know how to break in a ball diff. Our track isnt really a "realistic environment" though
Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toiffel
I will keep posted if I break anything, at this point if I don't finish a race because the ball cup popped has a bigger chance than not finishing because I broke something.....

Currently I'm running the truck on carpet. I have gone through 3 plastic servo arms. So do I keep replacing them, or go with a aluminum arm? there is no "servo saver". I have had some ball cup popping issues as well. Running a 7.5 LRP truck is fun as hell
Old 03-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I'm running the aluminum arms in truck and buggy with great success
Old 03-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxthepersonz
Really hate to add to this argument... But the stock balls will not last more than a day (ON A CARPET TRACK) we have super high traction running foam tires. Half of the "top 10" drivers at our track who bought 22t's have also bought a gear diff simply because the diff can't handle the traction speed etc.

Some racers here that have been racing for 5-10+ years crunched the ball diff on carpet in 1-2 days and they definitely know how to break in a ball diff. Our track isnt really a "realistic environment" though

on carpet the gear diff is a better option...due to the unlimited traction of the carpet, the foam and the paragon....

once i learned how to set my diff, (never had it tight enough) i havent had any issues...i am on dirt though...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thank you.

Much appreciated.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default still popping ball cups

tried everything, front tires are quarter to half turn loose. Have put the 22 aluminum hexes on front tires, heck even shaved down the front ball cups to reduce chance of them hitting wheels, Still popping the same left side cup, actually popped them this week going over smalll bump section, don't get how to solve this? any help would be appreciated, even replaced every ball cup on that side before racing today,still did not help..............please help, love the car,but hate the ball cup issue
Old 03-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by awidz
tried everything, front tires are quarter to half turn loose. Have put the 22 aluminum hexes on front tires, heck even shaved down the front ball cups to reduce chance of them hitting wheels, Still popping the same left side cup, actually popped them this week going over smalll bump section, don't get how to solve this? any help would be appreciated, even replaced every ball cup on that side before racing today,still did not help..............please help, love the car,but hate the ball cup issue
This is wierd to me. I haven't had any issues with them popping off. Have you replaced the rod end after it's popped off all these times and you made changes?
Old 03-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Having the wheel 3/4 of a turn loose will cause the wheel to have excess wobble and increase your chances of the wheel grabbing the cup and pulling it off. Keep the nuts snug, not reefed down. This will keep the wheel true in the rough and while jumping keeping it off the cup.

Have you by chance changed the ball stud? It's a possibility the stud is under sized making it easy for the cup to come off.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by aradaiel
This is wierd to me. I haven't had any issues with them popping off. Have you replaced the rod end after it's popped off all these times and you made changes?
Ive been using the lunsford kit on mine since the 3rd with not hickup, until u wear into the end next to the inner rim of the front wheel, like today, and finally broke a lunsford end...there by far superior to stock and i wouldnt change a thing now! Besides the broken end that was no fault of its own..
Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

I run the lunsford rods and ends on my buggy, but they've only been on for one race weekend. So far so good.

My 22t has losi ends and my rookie friend drove it in novice class. It took a beating.

He popped one ball end off, but it was a cartwheel at the end of the straight into the board, I'm surprised it didn't break an arm.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by aradaiel
I run the lunsford rods and ends on my buggy, but they've only been on for one race weekend. So far so good.

My 22t has losi ends and my rookie friend drove it in novice class. It took a beating.

He popped one ball end off, but it was a cartwheel at the end of the straight into the board, I'm surprised it didn't break an arm.
Idk if youll ever break an arm on truck...ive broken spindles, carriers, stock rods, tlr upgrade king pins, rear hubs and the tlr rear hinge pins.....so yeah, i run alot and its all outside, the front arms have lotta slop and even gouges in the bottom by the hinge pin ends, but those arms aint breakin! Lol...f.t. associated gold shock shafts for king pins, traxxas shock shafts for rear hinge pins, lunsford kit, and alum hubs later, not to mention better driving now, the thing is sooo frickin tough it surprises everyone! The truck is sick once ya find wut.works for you!! Stock ballstuds are even dialed still, im surprised tbh!
Old 03-25-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

ran my 22t today.

wheelbase looks really short. like my car is the same width as length from just looking.

i noticed dustin evans 22t at cactus looks heaps longer than mine????

anyone else think this truck is super short its heaps shorter than the XXXT
Old 03-25-2012, 02:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

XXXT-CR
Wheelbase: 11.250 in (285.75mm)

22T
Wheelbase: 11.3-11.41 in (286-290mm)

Might of got a 22 buggy chassis?

buggy wheelbase is 285.50mm
Old 03-25-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jarred King
ran my 22t today.

wheelbase looks really short. like my car is the same width as length from just looking.

i noticed dustin evans 22t at cactus looks heaps longer than mine????

anyone else think this truck is super short its heaps shorter than the XXXT
Make sure your chassis says 22T on it. It is printed on the chassis. Otherwise MaTt93 might be right - it might be a buggy chassis...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.