Community
Wiki Posts
Search

emaxx help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default emaxx help!!!!

just got a emaxx twin 550's what brushless should i put on it? what batterys should i get now as a brushed stock emaxx ? how do i set my esc for most runtime and fun ? just getting into electric so anybody want to show me a young grasshopper how to get the most out of stock emaxx?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

That all depends on what you want to do and where you want to run it and what your budget is. Answer these questions. What do you want to do i.e Race, Bash, rock crawl. What kink of power do you want i.e just to run around, wheelies on demand or destroy and mutilate every drive train component you got.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Default emaxx

just bash around in the street or yard with some speed behind it... i just dnt know where to start and what parts fit from t-maxx or bl e-maxx how much im going to spend b4 i foot for a mmm or mmp bill im just needing to know what parts to upgrade with...driveshaft,trans, cups and so on is there a kit that anybody sells?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

its a 3906 i want to stand up to the bl power
Old 08-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

As far as standing upto BL power There isn't anything diffrent as far as the transmission is cocerned. The only real diffrence is the motor plate is diffrent betwen the brushed ans brushless trucks. As far as powering the I have only run Castle creations since i first got into BL. The Mamba max pro will work but the Monster is best. T would recomens a minimum 1410 Sieries motor from castle but again the 1500 sieries will work best. In short any BL esc with a minimun continuous amp rating of 150 will more for your truck. As far motors you might want to check with you LHS to see what else they might have to work in your truck. In my opinion rather then getting what will work for an esc get a good one now and you can run a smaller motor now and a larger more powerfull one later. Batteries, You are going to want to run a minimum 2s 5000 mah 35c+
Old 08-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Probably should post this in the official E-Maxx thread.

Anyway, for a motor/ESC I'd look for an XERUN 150A/2000KV combo. Fast, reliable and very robust.