Wiki Posts
Search

new esc for slash 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new esc for slash 4x4

Hey, new guy here.
I recently bought myself a slash 4x4 and the esc has been giving me some trouble( currently with traxxas being repaired). Im looking at getting a new esc.
I have a 540 sized castle 4600kv motor, and the standard motor out of the slash. I have heard that a mamba max esc works well with the velenion traxxas motor, and im hoping the 4600kv motor would also be ok.
All my batteries are 2s lipo so im trying to choose the best esc to run mostly 2s a max of 3s.
I mostly just bash around,
What are my options?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi, I but the CC 4600kv sidewinder combo in mine...I race and use to use the traxxas brushless set up. That worked well. The CC works great too, but i did have to drop to a 11t pinion from the 13t i was run n. cause of the motor temp (175). i was get n, and run time was shorted also. I like to keep mine motor cooler than that. i love using the CClink to program it. thats the nice part , compared to Traxxas.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The CC Mamba Max Pro ESC would be ideal IMO great esc for the price...
Old 07-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check out the new Tekin Pro 4 set-ups
Old 07-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Put the Castle Sidewinder SCT kit in it and be done with it. The VXL motor runs too hot and you will have to drop a few teeth on the pinion to make the 4600kv work, not worth it imo - that is a 2wd motor. If you just wanted a new ESC the cc mmp is a very good choice to run with the vxl motor, again just watch temps and stay with stock gearing. Keep your run times very limited with 3s.

These kit specific questions should be addressed in their respective threads as stated in the sticky, so look for "Official Slash 4x4 Thread."