Search

hyper tt spanking 8th b and t's

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hyper tt spanking 8th b and t's

whats up everyone im pretty new to rc and would like some advice

i currently have two hpi blitz's and a mini onroad jl12e in my stable and im looking for something new

for a while i wanted to go 8th scale only but now im thinking about 10th scale 4x4 because i have a spare 4 pole castle 3800 motor and its sooo fast and fun in my 2wd sc truck i kinda wana see what it can do in a 4x4

my question is what do you think is better overall, more fun, more reliable and a better deal. for 10th im leaning towards a hyper 10 tt or a losi 4x4 sc and as for 8th scale it would be the mugen eco or losi/ae truggy

the 10th scale will be way cheaper so thats a plus. do you think on a decent sized track the 10th scale tt or losi will hang with an 8th buggy?

on a big outdoor track would the tt or losi 4x4 sc be close when it comes to durability?

what should i get and why???

ofna hyper 10tt
losi 4x4 sc
mugen eco
ae/losi trugg

all will be brushless and lipo smashing

suggestions of YOUR favorite rc will be considered

thanks,

Nick
Old 07-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

I saw no one had gave you any thoughts on this yet so i thought i would jump in and try to help you out a little. I have 3 of the trucks you are thinking about a RC8TE, Hyper TT and the losi scte. It really depends on what track and classes you want to run. In my area we have a few tracks with in a hour but the last few years It has been all about 1/10 scale racing and short corse. The rc8te is by far the most exspensive to race and there isnt much of a chance due to low numbers in that class near me so maybe it would be better where you are but just because of the cost it keeps the numbers low. Now the hyper tt is a fun truck but they just never caught on in my area and when i did run it i never could get it just right and it seemed to need some work. I cant tell you how many a arms, stearing knuckles and front bumpers i went threw without ever racing a single day. Oh yea and time i spent looking for my rear dogbones that would come out but you can fix that by just using the front cvds. Now the ten scte has been very good it is a very good racer and there is never a problem getting the numbers to race. A castle 3800 will work great in that truck to so you can keep cost down as well and if you already have that motor I would say you have a few 2 cell lipos laying around. All are good trucks and i think you would have fun with but there is only one in your list that will give you the most enjoyment with the smallest investment.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

So the tt is pretty fragile? Thanks for the reply man
Old 07-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Its not that its fragile, once i figured out how to drive it and how to land the bigger jumps I havent had those problems. Imo it doesnt drive like a 8th scale truggy well it doesnt jump like a 8th scale truggy anyway its kind of hard to explain maybe more like a mix of a 4x4 sct and a 4x4 buggy. Once i adjusted the battery weight and the way it liked to jumped i had no more issues. It is a great little truck and its not fragile it was more my lack of driving skills. I dont think you would be disapointed with it at all as long as you have a class to run it in thats the only thing i have found really wrong with mine and i cant blame that on the truck.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

I run at all the local tracks but I don't race at all. Just looking for a really fun 4x4 truck to get that durable
Old 07-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Seriously, if you've got the money, go 1/8 e-buggy. Almost all can take a damn hard beating and are very reliable. If you want something cheaper, get a SCT 4x4.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

ECO... I have driven most the cars you have listed... and again ECO... Go to the eco thread, and read... every comment is right on the money.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

I was almost set on the tt.... It's cheap and something different...

Anyone have one and just love it?

Money isn't easy but right now if I go 10th scale it's gona be ready to go right away and the 8th wud be a project...

I hate picking just one!!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Like I said, I'm not a racer but I hit up all local tracks and Im a good driver, just looking for a FUN new strong rc aside from my 2wd sc and drifter
Old 07-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nickypoo
Like I said, I'm not a racer but I hit up all local tracks and Im a good driver, just looking for a FUN new strong rc aside from my 2wd sc and drifter
Then don't get a TT if you want durability... It's like driving glass. Especially if you bash and not race, no point in getting the TT other than it looks cool.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

^^^

so ive heard.... damn short course trucks are near bullet proof with the bumpers and body protecting it. might have to just get a 4x4 sc....

ive had the best of luck with my blitz and spank on "better" 2wds allllll day long

ill see of i can pull the mugen.... my dads not much of a driver so hell prolly want the sc... oh well, we shall see

already have a bunch of 2s and a full electric 10th scale system so i guess i can always hop her up right away