Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best offroad electric basher

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

If you dont mind nitro, 1/8th scale buggy. The most fun I've ever had with a basher, was an Ofna Ultra Comp.

For Electric, I'd say slash, or for the really budget minded, EXC Torment. I beat the heck out of my Torment, and the only part to break was a steering arm. Even with a big brushless motor. For $160.00 RTR with a 2.4 Spektrum radio, its a great deal. And when ECX says RTR, they even include batteries and charger. Not the best battery or charger, but it runs right out of the box.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Savage flux hp....thunder tiger mt3....1/8th truggy...those are your best options.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a slash 2wd and love it for bashing the only thing is that I wished I would have bought the brush-less version off the bat instead of upgrading the motor and esc on its own. It takes a beating and keeps on rolling.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

associated b4 rtr. i heard that you can throw them at walls a few times and they could keep on ticking.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default xtm mammoth

IPANEMA RACING TIRES
Attached Thumbnails Best offroad electric basher-2012-01-17_17-10-42_17.jpg   Best offroad electric basher-2012-01-17_17-11-47_663.jpg  
Old 01-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

VORZA!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Coming from experience I've had 6-7 Traxxas vehicles & the Slash 4x4 was pretty tough, but I now I have the Savage Flux HP & its hands down a beast w/speed & toughness! Any Traxxas vehicles just can't compare to it when it comes to bashing!!! So much fun & I'm spending alot less time in the garage fixing my vehicles as I did w/Traxxas stuff, I personally don't like them cause everything on their products are made cheap. HPI Savage Flux XS is a great starter monster truck @ a good price, lowest of the Savage family & just as much fun as the others. That's what I'd go with, I sold all my Traxxas stuff & have never looked back, G/L w/ur choice bro & take ur time, you wanna be truly happy when you open that box.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by artie's liver
freakin amasing.
going to be my next purchase
Old 02-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wracing
Thunder Tiger mt4 g3
This. I have an emaxx brushless and it seems i am always fixing it or being timid incase it blows something. I have upgraded with traxxas steel cvd driveshaft, flm bulk and shock towers, shimmed diffs and rpm a arms. At this point in time i am not prepared to do anything else to it.

Figured i should have bought a savage instead, but after seeing the thunder tiger g3 mt4.......that thing is a damned tank. I cant imagine anything breaking. If i drove my emaxx like i have seen some these guys driving the thunder tiger, my emaxx would be a pile of splintered plastic and smashed drive train components.