Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
sidewinder sv2 4600kv keeps restarting?????? >

sidewinder sv2 4600kv keeps restarting??????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sidewinder sv2 4600kv keeps restarting??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default sidewinder sv2 4600kv keeps restarting??????

hey guys i just picked up my castle creations sv2 4600kv i hooked it up and got it to work but for some odd reason the thing keeps restarting on me, like its losing connection. im using deans connectors but they are old and crappy im wondering if this could be the problem or have some of u had this problem before? i hope someone can help.. thanks.. shawn
Old 07-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

actualy i think i figured it out.. the off and on switch wasnt mounted and it was bouncing around, i put some double sided tape on it and its fine now i guess. but if anyone has had this problem it would be cool to know about it
Old 07-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The switches on Castles ESC's are widely known to fail. Sounds like you got your's fixed, but just be aware most people have issues with them not working after while and just bypass them by cutting them off and soldering the wires together. I believe a rep from Castle said it would not be cost effective to put a better switch, and they will still honor the warranty if the switch is removed and bypassed. Honestly it is better to just unplug the battery after you run anyway for safety reasons. And BTW, I'd replace the old crappy deans with new ones ASAP. Old connectors will make poor contact creating resistance and heat. At the least you will get poor performance through the plug, and could eventually get a melted plug or solder joints that melt off the plug.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Ya I just went ahead annd bypassed the switch. That switch was bad right from the get go. Thannks. For the tip I remember talking to a guy from cc and he had told me that too now that I remember it