Nightmare Chassis for Traxxas Rustler?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nightmare Chassis for Traxxas Rustler?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Nightmare Chassis for Traxxas Rustler?

Nightmare Aluminum Chassis for the Rustler, is it any good, I have a Rustler laying around and I want to do something with it, if anyone has any ideas please post them, I would want to get the Aluminum chassis if it is any good, by the way, the Rustler is electric
Old 10-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

oh, and by the way, what can you really do to a Rustler that wil make it bulletproof and fast, are there many manufacturers that make parts for them, and are most of the parts from the Nitro Rustler on the Electric one, or are they different
Old 10-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

I'v heard that the nightmare chassis is very good
If you want to make a rustler bulletproof, here is a list of things you can do to it:
RPM bearing carriers
5x11 bearings
alum. ideal gear
mip cvds
alum. shock caps
titanium turbuckles
to make it go fast get a quality ESC (like a super rooster)
and a trinity speed gems mod motor
but before you get a mod motor get the alum. ideal gear because thats the first thing thats going to give away.
hope this helped.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

get aluminum shocks too..... but yeah, either get the white racing or the Nightmare....
Old 10-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

what is the website for the White Racing chassis, I know how to make it go fast and thanks for all the info, but I would like to see some websites for hop ups and stuff like that, I got the truck for free and I just want to do something cool to it
Old 10-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Rookie

I just got the Nightmare Chassis on Monday. I love it. My first impression was man this sure is flimsy but once I got it all together I couldn't been happier. I would suggest this chassis if you are looking for alum. I made some custom skid plates so that the bottom of the chassis would not get damaged.
Attached Thumbnails Nightmare Chassis for Traxxas Rustler?-imgp0682.jpg  
Old 10-21-2004, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

that looks pimp, I think it might do this, I can get a barely used Rustler for 50 and I can do something cool with it, maybe, I ant to know now if they are worth anything in racing after they have been comepletly redone
Old 10-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bryan4691
I just got the Nightmare Chassis on Monday. I love it. My first impression was man this sure is flimsy but once I got it all together I couldn't been happier. I would suggest this chassis if you are looking for alum. I made some custom skid plates so that the bottom of the chassis would not get damaged.
Dude, you need to JANGify that top plate! Dremel that $h!t!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:54 AM
Tech Rookie

A little at a time. I am working on an alum. or lexan top plate along with lexan A-Arms, front & back shock towers. I will post more pic on the progress.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Rookie

I just put on the front alum. shock tower. I am expecting to order alum. front and rear a-arms along with a alum. rear shock tower. I will post pics once I get everything put on.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking bulletproof

if you want to really bulletproof it, go to www.integy.com and search rustler.

they have EVERYTHING... besides the chassis, and oh yeah, silver or blue on everything.

does anyone know where i could get a blue aluminum chasis for the rustler where i could not have to paint it?

if not, thats ok.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Do any of you know if the fast lane machine parts are any good??

WWW.Fastlanemachine.com
Old 05-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

It looks like the bolts don't line up, and it has no retainer for the battery that comes with it. so it would take work to get to fit right.

i was gonna get it until i saw this.

does anyone know when it'll release?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't believe the Nightmare chassis is even made anymore so I don't know why this thread was resurrected but for Alltapdout's questions.

I have heard great things about FLM (fastlane Machine) and people have been very happy with their customer support. I would not recommend Integy aluminum parts to anyone. I have seen one of their parts after it broke and it looks like it was molded not machined. This adds up to a weaker product.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

If you got a table saw and scroll saw.........Make one! way cheaper and real fun to do! Lexan is a great material to work with!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.