Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for Tips for steering on the Losi 2.0 E buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)
Default Looking for Tips for steering on the Losi 2.0 E buggy

I have a new Losi 2.0 Buggy and was wondering if anyone else has steering problems with the buggy, in nitro not so much but in electric the car seems to push when brakes are applied and i have to throttle out of a sharp turn to tighten the corners up.. Maybe someone has stumbled on to a better set up I can try to get the electric car to turn more sharply at low speeds and more on power steering coming out of sweepers. I already have the LRC rear and the aluminum 10 dergree blocks out front. Looking for tips and tricks to try and get more steering.. Every week i am racing up against more and more AE 1/8 buggy's and those cars seem to steer right out of the box.. Any help would be appreaciated. Thanks Kash.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So I take it your looking for more off-power steering.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
I have a new Losi 2.0 Buggy and was wondering if anyone else has steering problems with the buggy, in nitro not so much but in electric the car seems to push when brakes are applied and i have to throttle out of a sharp turn to tighten the corners up.. Maybe someone has stumbled on to a better set up I can try to get the electric car to turn more sharply at low speeds and more on power steering coming out of sweepers. I already have the LRC rear and the aluminum 10 dergree blocks out front. Looking for tips and tricks to try and get more steering.. Every week i am racing up against more and more AE 1/8 buggy's and those cars seem to steer right out of the box.. Any help would be appreaciated. Thanks Kash.
What is your diff setup? I run a 552 or 5,smart,2

Also try removing your front sway bar, depending on the track or conditions sometimes w/ my 8ight's I remove the front sway for additional steering.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
The RC8B has the most steering I've ever experienced, but it lacks in other areas like stability.

If you are having trouble steering with an 8ight, your setup needs improving. Like the above poster said, remove the sway bar. I also run 5-5-2 for outdoor tracks with less traction. What condition are your tires in? Are you using the inclined aluminum front c-hubs? If so, you can remove 2mm of material from it to increase the steering epa (a common trick from Losi drivers).
Old 05-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
What is your diff setup? I run a 552 or 5,smart,2

Also try removing your front sway bar, depending on the track or conditions sometimes w/ my 8ight's I remove the front sway for additional steering.
I run 5-5-1 w/ all hd diff case, should be dialed off-throttle
Old 06-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ferrarieeeee
I run 5-5-1 w/ all hd diff case, should be dialed off-throttle
So use the heavy duty diff housings ? Gonna try the 552 fluid been running 773 but most of our tracks are dusty then get that 2 foot blue groove line. I raced this weekend and it seemed to be loose as hell in the rear and steering was really lacking in the slow 180 turns got passed in the same spot twice by a new kyosho and a AE car. What is the difference between the stock 2.0 E housings and the Losi heavy duty diff housings. Is it just weight ? Ohh I tried the no sway bar link out front but it suffered in the high speed sweepers so I went back to my 2.3 front sway bar.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah i shaved the 1.5 mm out of the 10 degree inclined spindels before i even put them on.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

ttt, still looking for more tips.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

how much toe are you running up front?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

If you are looking for more intial steering try increasing your rear droop. Go up to 108 or 110 mm droop measured by the rear shocks.