Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

Team Losi XXX4 Racing Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Suspended

I got mine for this guy. http://www.vision-racing.net/index.html he was super nice to talk to and real excellent quality parts.
Mike G.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks I'll check it out.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lv4sndz
I got mine for this guy. http://www.vision-racing.net/index.html he was super nice to talk to and real excellent quality parts.
Mike G.
I emailed him a while ago. Took a month to get a response. He is not making steering parts anymore, but has the battery brace, and a few other parts in stock.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone have the dimensions or no where I can get them for the carbon fiber pieces? If not maybe I'll do the mod with the cr rack.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I have a XXX-4G+, and a XX-4WE... I'm trying to figure out what car to run. I've raced my G+ in the past and have done OK with it, but that was 2 years ago and I'm a much better racer now. On the other hand a friend of mine let me run his XX-4 last weekend and it felt really good. I race on an out door tight and technical track that also runs 1/8 scale, so it's not the smoothest, but we do take pretty good care of the track. I know most people say to use the XX-4 on rough tracks and use the XXX-4 on smooth tracks, but like I said I'm just torn on which direction to go. Any advice out there?

Jay
Old 03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyro18t
So I have a XXX-4G+, and a XX-4WE... I'm trying to figure out what car to run. I've raced my G+ in the past and have done OK with it, but that was 2 years ago and I'm a much better racer now. On the other hand a friend of mine let me run his XX-4 last weekend and it felt really good. I race on an out door tight and technical track that also runs 1/8 scale, so it's not the smoothest, but we do take pretty good care of the track. I know most people say to use the XX-4 on rough tracks and use the XXX-4 on smooth tracks, but like I said I'm just torn on which direction to go. Any advice out there?

Jay
Run, them both and then chose the one that you are faster with
Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

The only problem is I don't have enough equipment to build both cars at the same time, and we race every other weekend... the track really changes a lot from week to week. I guess that's what we get for living by the beach in Florida, lots of unpredicatable weather/wind.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The only problem is I don't have enough equipment to build both cars at the same time, and we race every other weekend... the track really changes a lot from week to week. I guess that's what we get for living by the beach in Florida, lots of unpredicatable weather/wind.
i have been running xxx4 for last year or so and it has been a great car , despite alot of people saying it breaks easy , besides a couple shock tower breakage it has been extremely reliable , i recently aquired a xx4 and to tell the truth , unfortunately ive had terrible luck with it , ive so far broken 1 of each belt , rear tower , and recently left rear pivot mount , also had problems with middle belt skipping . i havent given up on the double x as it seems to be a nice buggy but have gone back to my exytremely reliable and consistent xxx which i set up last night and took 4 alittle run on the street an the thing is a weapon
Old 03-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I'm really leaning toward the XXX-4G+
Old 03-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah I'm really leaning toward the XXX-4G+
xx4 has a mean rep , but i so far haven't been able to keep mine on the track long enough to really get used to it , or set it up , i'll keep working on it . i switched my electrics from xx4 back to my G+ , i'd forgotten how hard it acelerates . i'm pumped to get it back on the track i'm geussing TLR will have a new 4wheeler for 2013 worlds ???
Old 03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by letrbuk
Does anyone have the dimensions or no where I can get them for the carbon fiber pieces? If not maybe I'll do the mod with the cr rack.
Copy the dimensions off the CR rack and make it out of carbon. If you don't have the CR rack I have one sitting around that I have not mounted yet. PM and I can send you the specs. Just tell me what measurements you want. The only difference if I am not mistaken will be the ball ends will mount vertically on the carbon instead of horizontally like on the CR rack.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm having trouble finding a reputable hobby shop that sells a XXX4 kit. What gives? Even Horizon Hobby's website and Losi Parts House don't show it for sale. Does this mean a new buggy is on the way, or should I keep looking? I prefer new if possible.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JohnWinn
I'm having trouble finding a reputable hobby shop that sells a XXX4 kit. What gives? Even Horizon Hobby's website and Losi Parts House don't show it for sale. Does this mean a new buggy is on the way, or should I keep looking? I prefer new if possible.
There are rumors of a new kit, but parts for the XXX-4 have been hard to get for years! I wouldn't be suprised if they pulled the kit all together even without a replacement. I love my XXX-4! It's a great car, but if I was to buy a brand new kit, I would go with something else. There are other 4 wheelers on the market right now that are better for the blown out 1/8 scale style tracks most of us are used to racing on

Jay

Old 03-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnWinn

These online stores show in stock stauts:

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...-LOSA0015.html

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...-LOSA0015.html
Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Does anyone have some pictures of their lipos mounted in their cars? How much dremmeling is required and where?
Here you go. I sanded down the battery strap and used a 22 foam piece to keep the battery secure. I also used a dremmel to shape the notches so a Lipo would fit.

Last edited by zipperfoot; 09-19-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.