Search

Losi 8ight-E, Mugen MBX6E or Hotbodies Atsushi D8 e-conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight-E, Mugen MBX6E or Hotbodies Atsushi D8 e-conversion

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to purchase an 1/8th scale buggy and I'm trying to get some insight from this community. The buggies I'm looking at is the Losi 8ight-E, Mugen MBX6E or Hotbodies Atsushi D8 electric conversion. Any insight on what you'd prefer or what you like about each of the models listed, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I am no pro but I had a Losi 2.0 and got a chance to drive a friends Mugen and all I have to say is I no longer have the Losi. I just felt way more comfort and control with the Mugen. I have also found it wears really well, very little wear. Hope this help.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

HPI Vorza! its a D8 converted to electric and also powered by CC creations.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I've had the Vorza and Ve8, lots of mods and enjoyed them both. I also have a D8T that I converted. I have really liked my HPI/HB stuff and would definately recommend them.

I also now have a Mugen MBX6E Eco and honestly, it is the best buggy I've had. It is so good right out of the box it is silly. All I've done is change the rear diff fluid to 5k and changed the springs. It handles and turns so well. I'd have to recommend it over the HPI/HB options.

ben
Old 05-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Teambcw
I am no pro but I had a Losi 2.0 and got a chance to drive a friends Mugen and all I have to say is I no longer have the Losi. I just felt way more comfort and control with the Mugen. I have also found it wears really well, very little wear. Hope this help.
It does, thank you.

Originally Posted by Jeffrocks626
HPI Vorza! its a D8 converted to electric and also powered by CC creations.
I've thought of getting this buggy as well, but I like how the D8 Atsushi edition has all the hopups. With

Originally Posted by armourbl
I've had the Vorza and Ve8, lots of mods and enjoyed them both. I also have a D8T that I converted. I have really liked my HPI/HB stuff and would definately recommend them.

I also now have a Mugen MBX6E Eco and honestly, it is the best buggy I've had. It is so good right out of the box it is silly. All I've done is change the rear diff fluid to 5k and changed the springs. It handles and turns so well. I'd have to recommend it over the HPI/HB options.

ben
I love Mugen products but hate how none of my LHS's stock Mugen parts. Its unfortunate.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
It does, thank you.

I've thought of getting this buggy as well, but I like how the D8 Atsushi edition has all the hopups. With

I love Mugen products but hate how none of my LHS's stock Mugen parts. Its unfortunate.
my LHS doesnt either but i have not nor any of my friends broke anything.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Mugen hands down , the quality is excellent .
Old 05-13-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Said this in a different thread.. hara d8b w/ the tekno v4 conversion.. there really is no other that can touch it. Mugen is fine, the 8ight-e is just as good.. the hara version comes with TONS of upgrades forget about the ve8 and the vorza imo and get the hara w/ tekno kit you will not be disappointed. PS the motor in the vorza is too much for a buggy racing anyway.. you want a 1512 sized max in a buggy.. 1509 is even better for racing, basically a 550 with lower KV, 1800-2200 range is fine on 4s if you go for a higher voltage setup get a lower kv rating to match (2000kv is ideal on 4s).
Old 05-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Said this in a different thread.. hara d8b w/ the tekno v4 conversion.. there really is no other that can touch it. Mugen is fine, the 8ight-e is just as good.. the hara version comes with TONS of upgrades forget about the ve8 and the vorza imo and get the hara w/ tekno kit you will not be disappointed. PS the motor in the vorza is too much for a buggy racing anyway.. you want a 1512 sized max in a buggy.. 1509 is even better for racing, basically a 550 with lower KV, 1800-2200 range is fine on 4s if you go for a higher voltage setup get a lower kv rating to match (2000kv is ideal on 4s).
Thanks for the advice. Cost is a factor for me as well. I have to consider if I want to spend 8-900 to have a competitive racer or spend 5-600 and have a good basher but decent racer like the vorza flux. Decisions decisions.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the advice. Cost is a factor for me as well. I have to consider if I want to spend 8-900 to have a competitive racer or spend 5-600 and have a good basher but decent racer like the vorza flux. Decisions decisions.
The Vorza is a good basher but it is very heavy. I went from a Vorza to the Mugen and an Xray 808 and I've got to say the Mugen is awesome especially with the Tekin system in it.

I can't give any advice on the D8 with the Teckno but the Mugen is ready to go out of the box already with a race setup that I haven't had to change. Just add electronics and motor and go.

It isn't the most budget friendly esp with the Tekin system but you do get what you pay for.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you are interested I have an Xray 808 conversion with the Monster Mamba system 2200 motor and Savox servo that I'm selling for just $600. I love this buggy too and it can keep up with my Mugen it's just not as smooth over the ruff stuff but for the price of a Vorza you can't beat it.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

vorza is a heavy tub and the ve8 needs tons of upgrades, cheaper to get into but end price is way up there to be race ready (alum plates etc). Ve8 to v4 tekno is possible but parts are needed. Just read some of the threads once you decide.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

The d8 hare is def. A nice buggy too but honestly the quality of the Mugen far exceeds it. I almost bought the hara and converted it with the tekno over the Mugen but I had a d8t electric and compared it to the new Mugen Eco and the eco's fit and finish is much better.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jurquhart
If you are interested I have an Xray 808 conversion with the Monster Mamba system 2200 motor and Savox servo that I'm selling for just $600. I love this buggy too and it can keep up with my Mugen it's just not as smooth over the ruff stuff but for the price of a Vorza you can't beat it.
I would be interested but my LHS doesn't stock any XRay parts. Even Mugen is going to be a PITA to get.

vorza is a heavy tub and the ve8 needs tons of upgrades, cheaper to get into but end price is way up there to be race ready (alum plates etc). Ve8 to v4 tekno is possible but parts are needed. Just read some of the threads once you decide.
Thanks for the heads up. I just talked to my LHS and at the track they own, they see 1/10th scale buggy as more popular than 1/8th scale at the moment. They even said the 4wd buggy guys will race with the 2wd buggy guys because there isn't that many 4wd buggy racers, 1/10th or 1/8th scale. They mentioned the 2wd buggy classes as being the most popular classes at the moment.

Now I'm wondering if I should just get a bashing type of buggy that has good parts support at my LHS's. At least I still have my SCTE as my primary race truck

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
The d8 hare is def. A nice buggy too but honestly the quality of the Mugen far exceeds it. I almost bought the hara and converted it with the tekno over the Mugen but I had a d8t electric and compared it to the new Mugen Eco and the eco's fit and finish is much better.
Yeah I've always liked Mugen RC's.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

I have a regular d8 with a RC monster conversion..Fast, durable and nimble..and not twitchy like some other brands.. Havent broke a thing and just a joy to drive. Can only imagine the hara is way better. World champion pedigree and cheap accessible parts. HB has definitely got the pulse of mainstream RC downpat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.