Tech Rookie

Thanks bro <3
Old 09-25-2020, 02:06 PM
Tech Rookie

helpful!!
Old 07-22-2021, 11:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thx

This is very informative, specially for me. I jumped in head first and over my head. Bought a Lasernut U4 and broke it the first 10 minutes I had it. Center diff went out and I had no idea what was going on. Once I figured out what was wrong I found your video. A+ l, Bravo 👏👏👏.
I'm an up and running thx to you, so thank you very much for the time you took to help out a noob. 😊
Old 12-29-2021, 02:39 AM
Tech Rookie

You are really good in that
Old 03-04-2022, 07:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the video. I've been away from hobby for a while but am getting back into it.

I tried this method on new SC6.2 w Hobbywing XR10 stock 2S &V10 - 17.5 turn and 24t pinion. Even with slipper clutch turned all the way down I don't get any lift out of the front wheels.

Another video I saw
said it was tough to set clutch with a 17.5.

I took it apart and saw the glazing on the white pads so hit it again with some 300 grit sandpaper, but still the same.

Is this combination of truck / pinion / motor never going to get front wheel lift when trying to setup? At this point I don't want to keep it locked all the way down so will probably hit track with it backed off from there a small amount.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-09-2023, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Good video, thanks!
Old 06-20-2023, 04:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Best Refrigerator services

Thank you for the information. You provide valuable information. This information is so helpful.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Building and breaking in a ball differential and slipper clutch are important steps when working with RC cars, particularly those with high-performance capabilities. Here's a general guide on how to properly build and break in these components:

Building a Ball Differential:
  1. Gather the necessary tools and materials: You'll typically need a ball differential kit, ball differential grease, differential balls, and a small amount of differential fluid or oil.
  2. Disassemble the differential: Start by removing the differential from your RC car. Take apart the diff by carefully unscrewing and separating the various components, such as the outdrives, diff rings, diff balls, and thrust assembly.
  3. Clean the parts: Thoroughly clean all the differential components using an appropriate solvent to remove any debris, old grease, or dirt. Ensure each part is completely dry before proceeding.
  4. Grease the components: Apply a thin layer of ball differential grease to the diff rings, differential balls, and the thrust assembly. This will ensure smooth operation and reduce wear.
  5. Reassemble the differential: Carefully reassemble the differential, making sure the differential balls are evenly spaced and seated in the diff rings. Tighten the screws or nuts to the manufacturer's specifications, but avoid overtightening as it can hinder proper operation.
Breaking in a Ball Differential:
  1. Install the differential back into the RC car: Place the assembled ball differential back into your RC car, ensuring all parts are properly aligned and tightened.
  2. Start with a smooth surface: Find a smooth, flat surface to drive your RC car on during the break-in process. This can be a clean indoor area or a smooth pavement outdoors.
  3. Begin the break-in process: Drive the RC car slowly in a straight line for a short duration, allowing the differential to rotate and the components to settle in. Gradually increase the speed and duration of the drives to ensure the differential components mesh properly.
  4. Monitor the differential's performance: During the break-in process, pay attention to any unusual noises or resistance from the differential. If you notice any issues, stop driving and inspect the differential for potential problems or misalignment.
Building a Slipper Clutch:
  1. Gather the necessary tools and materials: You'll typically need a slipper clutch kit, appropriate grease or lubricant, and any additional components specific to your RC car model.
  2. Disassemble the slipper clutch: Remove the slipper clutch assembly from your RC car by following the manufacturer's instructions. Take apart the clutch, including the slipper pads, spring, clutch plates, and any other components.
  3. Clean the parts: Clean all the slipper clutch components using a suitable solvent to remove dirt, old lubricant, or debris. Ensure each part is thoroughly dry before proceeding.
  4. Apply lubrication: Apply a small amount of slipper clutch grease or lubricant to the slipper pads, clutch plates, and other moving parts. This will reduce friction and ensure smooth operation.
  5. Reassemble the slipper clutch: Reassemble the slipper clutch, aligning the components properly and following the manufacturer's instructions. Tighten the clutch nut or adjustment screw to the recommended specifications.
Breaking in a Slipper Clutch:
  1. Install the slipper clutch back into the RC car: Place the assembled slipper clutch back into your RC car, ensuring all parts are properly aligned and tightened according to the manufacturer's instructions.
  2. Begin the break-in process: Start driving the RC car on a smooth surface. Gradually accelerate and decelerate the vehicle multiple times, allowing the slipper clutch to engage and disengage. This helps the components settle in and ensures proper functionality.
  3. Adjust the slipper clutch: During the break-in process, you may need to adjust the slipper clutch to find the desired balance between power transfer and slip. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for adjusting the slipper clutch based on your driving preferences and track conditions.
  4. Monitor the slipper clutch's performance: Pay attention to the slipper clutch's behavior, such as the amount of slip and the consistency of power transfer. If you notice excessive slip or any issues, make the necessary adjustments or inspect the clutch for potential problems.
Old 06-21-2023, 02:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default numberdekho

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you found the article informative and thought-provoking.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default -

Why will some folk not put their real names in their profile? And for some reason Jim will not make it a mandatory condition for joining the forum.
Surely its not only of interest to know who you are talking to, its also polite.
?