Wiki Posts
Search

Short Course Carpet Racing. Tips/Setups

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by osavage1
Hey guys,

I know its been a few years since this thread was active but I am posting this on a few different threads to see what reply I might get. Thanks in advance.

Me and my buddy have built up some pro2's over Christmas.

We built them up for our local 1/10 dirt track and indoor off-road track. We have only run them at the indoor off road track cos' the outdoor season hasn't started yet and we don't want to get them dirty . They will get dirty one day just not today

We are racing with fellow sct mainly Losi's. we are putting down consistent lap times of 24-25 seconds, but our competitors are putting down 21-22 second laps. They seem to SMASH us on the sweeping corners into and out of the main straight. They seem to handle like they are on rails on those particular corners while we keep rolling over if we come into the corner as hot as they do. in the tight stuff we are evenly matched.

I have a slash 4x4 with a LCG chassis that I can drive so much faster around the track and am a little frustrated I cant dial in the Pro2. I have attached a setup sheet with my current set up. I have it running low to increase unsprung weight to keep it from rolling but no luck. I've swapped out the ProSepc springs to put in shorter Powerstroke spring (without the secondary spring).

The surface is very smooth as its carpet over asphalt with a few ski jumps and doubles thrown in. I am thinking thicker shock oil and reduce camber and camber gain? any thoughts?????

I have asked the losi22 guys but they are reluctant of sharing there set ups .
have you tried less camber up front? on carpet i rarely run over 1 degree on any of my trucks, also prefer schumacher yellow minispikes up front with 2 outer and 2 inner rows trimmed off, the staggers are quite aggressive
Old 01-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SeanDoc
have you tried less camber up front? on carpet i rarely run over 1 degree on any of my trucks, also prefer schumacher yellow minispikes up front with 2 outer and 2 inner rows trimmed off, the staggers are quite aggressive
I'll try less camber the next meeting. I'll also get some mini spikes to try. Thanks
Old 06-22-2019, 11:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My sons and me just started racing carpet off-road. We have 17.5 2WD Buggies and 13.5 2WD Sct. We’ve have the buggies driving well but don’t know where to begin with the SCT. Previously we’ve raced on clay and also race On-Road TC and 12 scale. Let me know what you guys are doing to settle down the SCT.

Last edited by MrWheels; 06-22-2019 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 06-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Skip the foams and run tires like primes, octagons, or any slick type tire with traction compound. Clay compounds seem to work well. Clean tire well after each run to get rid of anything on tire and reapply traction compound.