Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XTM XT2e Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default XTM XT2e Experiences

Looking to buying myself a racing buggy. My local hobby shop carries the Traxxas Bandit 2wd and the XTM XT2e 4wd. I have an old bandit from almost 10 years ago, it was my first RC Car. Looking at the XT2e in the shop was awesome, unfortunately their were no give it a spin before you buy options at the shop. I do not or have not seen anyone drive it before. All i have seen are youtube vids of bad quality. Any opinions would be nice, im aware of better choices our there, but the local shop only carries Traxxas, HPI(only the Baja 5b and 5t vehicles and parts), XTM, And Thunder tiger. Any owners of the XT2e on here? would love to here your racing/bashing experiences with it. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 PM
sac
Tech Regular

PaulL5156
For what you pay for the XTM XT2E it great buggy.You get a really good radio with it,Airtronics MX-sport 2.4g.We have some racing at our track and the two things that you have to change for racing are tires and diff grease to oil.This will make a big difference from stock form.As for the motor and esc it works well ,It only allows up to 4s lipo ,not 6s.At our track most 1/8th racers are running 4s only.It's a little heavy compared to higher priced kits.It very durable.I din't know what you tube video's you watched ,but for all the negatives you may find there are way more positive reviews of the XT2E.Most people talking negative things don't even own one or even seen or driven one.They base all there opinions are based on the fact on how much it cost.Keep in mind to keep the cost down they used as much of the nitro chassie parts as possible.Plus they don't sponsor race team and they don't advertise much,all keeps the price down.ALL buggies no matter they cost can have issue's.A matter fact one racer raced his at a big race and came in second in A main out of over 50+ entries.
To some it up you will be happy with the XT2E .
Old 04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

its a nice basher but probly to heavy as a race buggy
Old 04-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sac
PaulL5156
For what you pay for the XTM XT2E it great buggy.You get a really good radio with it,Airtronics MX-sport 2.4g.We have some racing at our track and the two things that you have to change for racing are tires and diff grease to oil.This will make a big difference from stock form.As for the motor and esc it works well ,It only allows up to 4s lipo ,not 6s.At our track most 1/8th racers are running 4s only.It's a little heavy compared to higher priced kits.It very durable.I din't know what you tube video's you watched ,but for all the negatives you may find there are way more positive reviews of the XT2E.Most people talking negative things don't even own one or even seen or driven one.They base all there opinions are based on the fact on how much it cost.Keep in mind to keep the cost down they used as much of the nitro chassie parts as possible.Plus they don't sponsor race team and they don't advertise much,all keeps the price down.ALL buggies no matter they cost can have issue's.A matter fact one racer raced his at a big race and came in second in A main out of over 50+ entries.
To some it up you will be happy with the XT2E .
The hobby shop owner here was talking to me about it and he was making great points. About it being heavy, 8 lbs. really isnt that bad for all the power it has. Im strongly considering buying the XT2E, i wanna have better handling then what im driving now.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

For a casual club racer it should do just fine. As stated, different tires and wheels are definitely needed. Vehicle setup and the driver matters most.

As far as electronics, radio no doubt is great no need to change that. Steering servo would be a good thing to upgrade. I have one, and had a few of those speed controls, just relabeled and sold by integy, either way they work great and it can run sensored motors.

I had an older XTM X-Terminator buggy and it was pretty durable. It was a few years old and the plastic wasn't getting brittle. It landed on the wing and broke the rear diff case where it bolted to the shock tower. Unfortunately XTM wasn't making spare parts for it anymore and I couldn't find anyplace with one in stock. I fixed it with some metal brackets and decided to see how hard I had to drive it to seriously break it. It just wouldn't break.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by drummin89
For a casual club racer it should do just fine. As stated, different tires and wheels are definitely needed. Vehicle setup and the driver matters most.

As far as electronics, radio no doubt is great no need to change that. Steering servo would be a good thing to upgrade. I have one, and had a few of those speed controls, just relabeled and sold by integy, either way they work great and it can run sensored motors.

I had an older XTM X-Terminator buggy and it was pretty durable. It was a few years old and the plastic wasn't getting brittle. It landed on the wing and broke the rear diff case where it bolted to the shock tower. Unfortunately XTM wasn't making spare parts for it anymore and I couldn't find anyplace with one in stock. I fixed it with some metal brackets and decided to see how hard I had to drive it to seriously break it. It just wouldn't break.
Thats great to hear...so i can expect a durable buggy with good race quality potential. Right now i'm driving my Shortcourse which is a blast, but i want something that doesnt flip so often.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would say so. Most of the extra weight comes from the bulkiness, all the extra plastic they add to make it durable.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have 2 friends who run them. They are nice cars for the money. They can be found very cheap online and parts are cheap also. We ain't had a good chance to run with both of them yet but just from what I have seen so far and the few goes I have had they ain't a bad car at all.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well ive made up my mind and im gonna pick one up at the end of the month once i get my paycheck from work..hehe... the girlfriend wont be to happy about that lol...but im not doing so bad with racing in my area...got a few top 3 finishes which for just going out to have fun is better than what i expected from racing...cant complain there...now im gonna test my skills when i have a car that is lower to the ground and can handle tight turns and fly through triples and doubles.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ive owned mine for nearly a year now. expect the ESC to go bad, 9 out of 10 that i personally know of locally have all gone bad... including my own. i will also suggest you stock up front upper and lower a arms and front toe blocks.

aside from the fragile front end and the esc issue i absolutely love this buggy. the motor is great and during its frequent downtime i have put it in everything from a losi strike to my 4x4 slash. it handles pretty well considering its weight as well. as mentioned previously do the diffs right away.

my current stable of 1/8 scale buggies contains 2 mbx5r, hpi vorza, xtm xt2, and the xt2e... and when the thing isnt broken i run it every chance i get. its an even better buggy with a MMM setup in it.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

how has it been working out for you, I got one and seems like it could be a real winner.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default XTM XT2 Experiences

So I've been reading this thread. 2 months ago I purchased a used one for just $200 - complete set. It was very well cared for. I have no intentions on actually racing this. I bought it because near my house is a huge dirt field which I just want to run this on. Recently the motor stopped moving. I don't know if it's the motor or the ESC. Given that there appears to be lots of problems with the ESC blowing up, I have the following questions:

1. How can I determine what the problem is?
2. IF it is the ESC, can you recommend a good replacement?

I'm not looking to spend lots of money on this as it's just casually run using
2S Lipo.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

-Saxo
Old 01-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys i know its been such a long time since this post was up but i want to go ahead and fill you in on the buggy. It runs awesome, i would have to say it is built tough and is more of a basher. only problem i see is a design flaw because on the xt2e the ESC is mounted on top of the motor and if flipped over, which rarely happens, the ESC takes most of the hit. other than that i havent had a single thing go wrong with it. at all, im serious nothing has broke on it yet.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by PaulL5156
hey guys i know its been such a long time since this post was up but i want to go ahead and fill you in on the buggy. It runs awesome, i would have to say it is built tough and is more of a basher. only problem i see is a design flaw because on the xt2e the ESC is mounted on top of the motor and if flipped over, which rarely happens, the ESC takes most of the hit. other than that i havent had a single thing go wrong with it. at all, im serious nothing has broke on it yet.
That's pretty good, I on the other had have broken the front upper and I'm waiting for a replacement. Also, any one know where you can get the stronger chassis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.