Community
Wiki Posts
Search

80's Tamiya and Kyosho

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That is MRP (not MRC) Pro-110. That was my first car and I must say, it was the most fragile car I have ever owned. I should have gotten an MRC/Tamiya instead.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Boomerang

i just found my Tamiya boomerang * half dead..

could it posible to restore it . Does it cost ?or can it fitt the new gravel hound?
Old 10-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

once.. i had a kyosho FWD car.. that I ran on dirt oval.
forgot what it was called to save my life.. they didnt know what class to put me in.. it was a 2wd, but it cornered like a 4wd.. LOL

hmm now thats vintage.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCMits
once.. i had a kyosho FWD car.. that I ran on dirt oval.
forgot what it was called to save my life.. they didnt know what class to put me in.. it was a 2wd, but it cornered like a 4wd.. LOL

hmm now thats vintage.
It was probably the Maxxum FF, I think that's the only front wheel drive car Kyosho made.

Can you believe guys in Japan are still custom-building Fwd buggies, look at this:
Attached Thumbnails 80's Tamiya and Kyosho-10poprod.jpg  
Old 10-18-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Boomerang

Originally posted by KREATOR1
i just found my Tamiya boomerang * half dead..

could it posible to restore it . Does it cost ?or can it fitt the new gravel hound?
start with ebay. They have plenty of parts for boomerang.

I, myself started RC back in 1984 so this year would've been my 20th anniversary if it had not been for a short end of the working community. My first car was Tamiya Super Champ and I still have it lying somewhere in asia waiting for parts in order for it to run again. My second car was a Blackfoot and I know some people will disagree, I regret asking my parents to get me that for Christmas cuz it could've been a Supershot instead (*crushed*) of the BF only because I had a perception that every MT must be 4wd. My third is a Turbo Optima that I still have. It started its life with a chain drive but currently spotting a hybrid belt drive conversion. I didn't get the rubber belt conv instead I had a shop install me a Mid's stock plastic reinforced with steel belt and that works very well. I bought a ton of parts for it a couple of years ago including two sets of universal axles and two additional cars: one is a clone turbo optima and the other was a converted pro. The clone is up for sale for the longest time but nobody seemed to care. The Pro however will be restored to its original condition except for the shocks.

My fourth car was a Porsche 959 also waiting some $$$ for a major reconstruction. I can't believe how flimsy the chassis was or I was just being hard on it? Maybe I was just being hard on it....

Fifth car was a Boomerang which I had since gave it away to my cousin along with the Blackfoot. I had my first racing experience with the Boomerang only because I was too nervous the night before the race and ended up disassembling the Turbo Optima.

My last vintage car and I miss it dearly was the Lazer ZXR that I bought in 1991. I had to sell it away in 1997 and haven't seen it since. I bought a new kit recently and have not had the time to build it yet. It wasn't the same though.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bender
It was probably the Maxxum FF, I think that's the only front wheel drive car Kyosho made.

Can you believe guys in Japan are still custom-building Fwd buggies, look at this:
Can you tell me more about this or other FWD projects?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

There is another site out there that really goes into details on the Tamiya vehicles. Anyone know what site I am talking about? I forgot the link.

I would love to restore a Tamiya Boomerang and give it to my father as a gift, as he bought my first RC vehicle on his way back from his tour of duty in Korea, my next RC vehicle (XX-4) when I graduated from college. Would love to get him both fully restored, though, knowing him he would probably try to actually run the boomerang . At least the XX-4 wouldn't be so bad partswise!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Your talking about Tamiyaclub thats on my signature
Old 05-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Legend

possibly. It looks different than I remember and not as detailed. The one I was looking at really went into the history of the vehicles, what was changed specifically, etc.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Hmmm, your talking about Darrynsrc.com or something like that?

Tamiyaclub.com is as detailed, you just have to navigate to it but it is only for the tamiya cars (as far as i know) as per link
Old 05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Legend

I'll take a look again, but when I went to a few of the posts that I know from last check were very detailed, there really was only about a few lines of info. Nothing like the site I am thinking of.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Hmm, you maybe thinking of a different site altogether, on TC there are "Members review" which are like "novel" like detail
Old 05-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Legend

Could be. Though, the site have detail on the vehicle pretty much consistent as far as writing style vehicle to vehicle. Nice history on the Avante and such. Haven't really thought of it too much, but with Tamiya re-releasing vehicles, would love to pickup another boomerang if they did.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Cool

You guys are taking me back. In 83 or 84 when the RC10 came out I quite racing because I could not afford to buy one and my modified Super Champ was no longer able to keep up. Ahh the bad old days of running 2.5 to 3 minutes with a stock (silver can) motor & a 7 cell pack charged in a ice cooler.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow, this thread brings back memories. Remember all the cars (1:1)surrounding the track with the hoods up?

I had a Falcon that the RC 10's couldn't keep up with. I think the only original parts on it were the suspension arms and the gearbox. I'd take that car out and no one could believe how fast it was.

And those knobby tires digging into the mud!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.