Wiki Posts
Search

slash 2wd .8 mod gear cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default slash 2wd .8 mod gear cover

I installed a FLM aluminum trans and installed the .8 gear mod in my Slash. I can't seem to find a cover for the gears. If none exists, I am going to have to fabricate one. Anyone else run into this or have a place to purchase a motor cover?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

A possibly easier solution would be to get the STRC topshaft that is designed for the associated slipper. Then you could use the 32 pitch associated GT2 spur gears and still fit a regular gear cover on it. That is what I plan to do, though I am actually going to try it without a cover first to see if it is really needed. Most people running the 32P gears say they don't need gear covers.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You absolutely don't need a gear cover with 32p. We run 4 trucks here with no gear covers on 48p. The covers are great for two things: holding in heat, and trapping debris. I might get a piece of sand stuck in the spur once every 10 packs without the cover. Unless you're running full-time on the beach, just ditch the cover altogether.