Pro-line New Flo-Tek Short Course Body!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-line New Flo-Tek Short Course Body!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

You know, setting the "flow through" feature aside, its a great looking body! Proline did a nice job with it.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:47 PM
tef
Tech Regular

Hey guys can someone tell me which holes in the front of the Flo Tek are for the SC10 body posts? I had originally cut it for the SC R but i just switched brands and dont remember what hole are what. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tef
Hey guys can someone tell me which holes in the front of the Flo Tek are for the SC10 body posts? I had originally cut it for the SC R but i just switched brands and dont remember what hole are what. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm at work, but I'll check tonight if no one responses before then...

In the picture below you can see the dimples in the hood on the right side. They might give you enough reference to determine which one is for the SC10? Also the alignment to the vent grid might help. Mine is mounted on an SC10.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I just got one of these bodies. Just out of curiosity, what's the best and cleanest way to cut out those "flow" sections of the body. I always seem to screw those areas up on my bodies. Are you guys using a hobby knife? Dremel?
Old 12-06-2011, 07:41 AM
tef
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
I'm at work, but I'll check tonight if no one responses before then...

In the picture below you can see the dimples in the hood on the right side. They might give you enough reference to determine which one is for the SC10? Also the alignment to the vent grid might help. Mine is mounted on an SC10.

It looks like it's the front holes, but I would appreciate it if you could verify when you get home, thanks again!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
I just got one of these bodies. Just out of curiosity, what's the best and cleanest way to cut out those "flow" sections of the body. I always seem to screw those areas up on my bodies. Are you guys using a hobby knife? Dremel?
Proline has a video on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYw-6gI21Vg

I have tried their way and it works but you have to be careful cutting with the exacto. I have had the exacto slice past the vent area into the body trying to force a cut. I have found it easier to make the 4 corner holes in the vent with a body reamer large enough to fit body scissors. I then cut the vents out with the scissors with more control. Then I clean and smooth everything out with a dremel.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamr1130
Proline has a video on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYw-6gI21Vg

I have tried their way and it works but you have to be careful cutting with the exacto. I have had the exacto slice past the vent area into the body trying to force a cut. I have found it easier to make the 4 corner holes in the vent with a body reamer large enough to fit body scissors. I then cut the vents out with the scissors with more control. Then I clean and smooth everything out with a dremel.
Thanks. I started doing exactly what you describe, with a reamer, and it certainly works better.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

For anybody wanting a little Pro-Line equipment they are donating $.50 of every dollar made to charity for the month of December from web and call in orders. Got to say that is a great thing and I pulled the trigger yesterday on some stuff I had been looking at. Way to go Pro-Line.

Last edited by zeakemedia; 12-06-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

I've not seen any three-views of the Flo-Tek body. But, they may be out there. I have seen them for other bodies. Hopefully, someone will post one. Have you emailed Pro-Line directly?

I've found that even with using three views, I rarely SEE the body that perspective in real life after I paint it. So, I try to keep that in mind. I like building scale models, so using three-view outlines was my natural approach as well.

Here's a link to my airbrushing page if you want to see some of the ones I've done. Might give you some ideas of what you like and don't like.

http://www.indyhobbies.com/Airbrushing.html
Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can someone tell me which dimples on the Body are for the SC10 front and back?

My body didnt come with a sheet showing which dimples match up.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Moogumby
Can someone tell me which dimples on the Body are for the SC10 front and back?

My body didnt come with a sheet showing which dimples match up.
Mine's on an SC10. Seems like they also marked the holes on the lexan too? The part you cut away. Check there.

My front hole is the one closest to the front bumper. I could three dimples between it and the windshield.

On the back side, the hole I reamed is the one closest to the rear bumper. I count two dimples between the hole and the vents behind the cab.

Hope that helps! If your body is clear still, you can set it on the chassis and confrim that it all lines up and that the wheel wells are where they should be.

Scott
Old 04-15-2016, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

does thsi body fit the tlr 22 sct 2.0? having problems finding a good location for the rear posts. any help?