Wiki Posts
Search

Slash 4x4 Custom Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 05:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)
Default Slash 4x4 Custom Build

OK so a project over at ultimaterc.com called Chimera-A, an all-terrain custom build slash 4x4, really caught my attention and I wanted to do something similar, only on a stricter budget. I have had this build in progress for about a month, mostly waiting on deals in my price range to come along. I thought I would post some pictures of the progress thus far. My plan was to finish the build this weekend but my wheels (RPM revolver Wide, Black) did not come in and last night my servo crapped out so I can't finish it just yet, plus I am still messing with wire routing. Those tacon motors have some stiff leads. On the few runs I have made with it temps are still really low. Speed is plenty fast enough and crawling seems pretty good. I hope the crawling agility will increase once the Hammers are mounted up. Enough with the words and on to the pictures. so far I am very pleased with it and especially the cost.

Slash 4x4 PE roller with FLM Diff and Motor Mount, RPM Arms (F&R), RPM Bumper in the rear, RPM Shock Towers (F&R) $ 130.00
Hobbywing EZrun 60 / Tacon 3200 $ 55.00
2.4 GHZ Radio - $ 20.00
Body (Painted) $ 28.00
Proline Hammer Rock Crawler Tires - $15.00