Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 and XXX-SCT

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Default SC10 and XXX-SCT

Ok, I'm just asking opinions for people who have had both. Which handles better? I really want to know which steers better?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

SC-10...BETTER STEERING
XXXSCT...BETTER REAR BITE

SC-10....VERY AGGRESIVE
XXXSCT..MORE MELO TO DRIVE

I HAVE BOTH AND THAT'S MY OPINION....HOPE THAT HELP'S...
Old 03-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i think either way you go you will be happy i have the losi and a friend has a sc10 both are set up well, losi definately has better bite in the rear, and since i'm a losi guy
Old 03-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Are we talking the SC10 or the factory team kit?

I'm already have esc, rx/tx, battery, brushless motor. I just need to decide what I'm going to put them in.

I am highly considering the FT SC10 because it comes with lots of upgrades that I know I would eventually do anyway if I bought the regular RTR version. Is there a factory team version of the Losi? Or something comparable? Are there any benchmarks for the two cars? Scientific comparisons?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Muggydude
Ok, I'm just asking opinions for people who have had both. Which handles better? I really want to know which steers better?

The Losi handles better. It's more solid and fluid throughout. The AE steers better but at the price of being twitchy overall. This is based on both being stock RTR with same esc/motor combo.

When you start to tune and add basic must-have upgrades, the Losi seems to have lots of range on improvements. It responds well to tuning. Where as with the AE I cant seem to feel much difference as it already handles nicely. I find it needs durable upgrades more than anything.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

XXX-SCT is better in every way ITBJHO, steering and otherwise.

Out of the box the XXX-SCT pushes a bit, but it's not hard to make it steer better than anything else in the field.

Both trucks are extremely good. If you have one, there's really not much reason to trade it off for the other. But, if you're looking to buy now, the Losi is the way to go.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Is the FT kit better than the BND xxx? I would be putting my own esc, motor, battery, etc.

I would want the most durable one really, seeing as I am not really the best driver just yet...I'm pretty sure the handling limits on both trucks are already beyond my driving skill limits.

It seems like the BND would be the better deal moneywise because I could sell of more components and it starts at a lower price than the FT SC10. I'm looking at a new FT sc10 kit for 220$.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

FT vs highly "CR" xxx-sct.

I have spent months and hundreds on my losi. I have finished top three amainmost races for the past few months with it. It can be driven very consistently. However, That rear traction is killing me on our super tight high bite track. In every turn I have to brake to transfer all the weight forward to get enough steering. I have indeed tried many different tuning options to get it to steer better. I'm happy with the truck, but I always get beat by two or three ft sc10 guys as long as they come to race or don't break. The other night after getting 2nd behind a sc10 I tried my friends ft out, and I was slapped in the face. The truck had so much more steering, it could over steer the turns with no brake at all when my truck had to hit it just right and brake to do the same thing. It made me feel silly, as I can now see how my driving style with the losi slowed me down and didn't allow me to carry speed through turns and get on the throttle sooner. I think that perhaps the losi is better on more open tracks, especially outdoor, but in some cases the SC10's steering is needed.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I bought a sc10 rtr as my first ever rc car. It's not even a year old yet and slowly turned into the factory team sc10 with the stock rtr electronics. The car is great, although I have yet to win an A main with it I usually get second or third with it as I get simply out drivenby the one or two top guys in each event. Imo if a rookie like myself can do ok with it then the truck is really good. I also read about durability problem and I just wonder how that is possible the only thing I broke was a rear tie rod when a eight nitro slammed into me. Pliers straighten out the rod and she was good to go in a matter of seconds. Out of the three cars I own, the sc10 is still my favorite.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default I have had both....

I spent the time and the money building up a top of the line XXX-SCT to included a CR donor for threaded shocks, AE3 parts and ball diff. I raced it several times and found that the arms are so soft and flexy that I had a hard time making small adjustments becasue you could not feel much change. The truck honeslty just felt a bit lazy getting into the corners no matter what setup. Don't get me wrong it was a great truck and I was able to TQ and win A-mains locally.

I have since switch to a FT SC10 and I have to say I really love this truck. Keep in mind that I am an old carpet racer and now running offroad. I enjoy how agile the SC10 is and how small inputs such as a single round on the shock collar can be felt on the track.

At the end of the day they are both great trucks, but I personally prefer the SC10 over the Losi and from a cost aspect, I had to spend alot more money to build up the XXX-SCT rather than purchasing the SC10 FT Kit.

Hope this helps
Old 03-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Muggydude
FT vs highly "CR" xxx-sct.

I have spent months and hundreds on my losi. I have finished top three amainmost races for the past few months with it. It can be driven very consistently. However, That rear traction is killing me on our super tight high bite track. In every turn I have to brake to transfer all the weight forward to get enough steering. I have indeed tried many different tuning options to get it to steer better. I'm happy with the truck, but I always get beat by two or three ft sc10 guys as long as they come to race or don't break. The other night after getting 2nd behind a sc10 I tried my friends ft out, and I was slapped in the face. The truck had so much more steering, it could over steer the turns with no brake at all when my truck had to hit it just right and brake to do the same thing. It made me feel silly, as I can now see how my driving style with the losi slowed me down and didn't allow me to carry speed through turns and get on the throttle sooner. I think that perhaps the losi is better on more open tracks, especially outdoor, but in some cases the SC10's steering is needed.
I would have to agree to a point. I have run at Mhor and even with the wrong tires I haven't been beat by a SC10. I will agree out of the box the FT SC10 has more initial turn in but the XXXSCT can be setup to feel the same.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Laloosh
I bought a sc10 rtr as my first ever rc car. It's not even a year old yet and slowly turned into the factory team sc10 with the stock rtr electronics. The car is great, although I have yet to win an A main with it I usually get second or third with it as I get simply out drivenby the one or two top guys in each event. Imo if a rookie like myself can do ok with it then the truck is really good. I also read about durability problem and I just wonder how that is possible the only thing I broke was a rear tie rod when a eight nitro slammed into me. Pliers straighten out the rod and she was good to go in a matter of seconds. Out of the three cars I own, the sc10 is still my favorite.

In my experiences, without exaggeration, the sc10 has gone through 10 bulkheads, 5 rear pivot blocks, at LEAST a dozen A-arms and many sets of rear wheels due to that pin design that rips apart wheels. My friend was at one time declined for buying a third bulkhead in the same day at the LHS, as well as a couple pairs of A-arms.

The Losi has broken an axle due to a worn outdrive cup. Thats it.

Both of these trucks were purchased at the same time in Dec 2010 and have seen equal drive time. The Losi is mine and the AE is my friends. We also swap cars each time out to keep the playing field even and fun. In other words, these trucks are evenly abused. The AE is fragile. The Losi is tough as nails. My friend's sc10 is now in my posession cuz now the tranny is frozen. So now I own both and I'd hate to sink one red cent into knowing about its frailty.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revoke36
In my experiences, without exaggeration, the sc10 has gone through 10 bulkheads, 5 rear pivot blocks, at LEAST a dozen A-arms and many sets of rear wheels due to that pin design that rips apart wheels. My friend was at one time declined for buying a third bulkhead in the same day at the LHS, as well as a couple pairs of A-arms.
How on EARTH did you jack up that many wheels? ThunderbirdJunkie has SC10 wheels on his XXX-SCT, and obviously ran SC10 wheels on his SC10, and has yet to round one out.

The XXX-SCT is tough as all get out, but in ThunderbirdJunkie's opinion the SC10 is by no means frail.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revoke36

The Losi has broken an axle due to a worn outdrive cup. Thats it.

Both of these trucks were purchased at the same time in Dec 2010 and have seen equal drive time. The Losi is mine and the AE is my friends. We also swap cars each time out to keep the playing field even and fun. In other words, these trucks are evenly abused. The AE is fragile. The Losi is tough as nails. My friend's sc10 is now in my posession cuz now the tranny is frozen. So now I own both and I'd hate to sink one red cent into knowing about its frailty.
My SC10 went a whole race season and only needed a shock shaft replaced.......that includes 3 race days on a rather large 8th scale track with huge jumps with me taking practice stabs at clearing 21+ foot doubles...
Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
How on EARTH did you jack up that many wheels? ThunderbirdJunkie has SC10 wheels on his XXX-SCT, and obviously ran SC10 wheels on his SC10, and has yet to round one out.

The XXX-SCT is tough as all get out, but in ThunderbirdJunkie's opinion the SC10 is by no means frail.
I'd say the sc10 is frail when you have to replace a bulkhead or an A-arm everytime out and in some cases, multiple times in one outting. Again, this is my friend's AE but we drive eachother's rig just as much and in the same fashion. The Losi just isnt a weenie Perhaps his AE is jinksed all to be hell. He's so discouraged that he's buying a new sc10 (he's loyal) and wants to take a hammer to his old one. I convinced him to let me have it instead. He was really going to destroy it.

I cant speak for all sc10's, only this one. I am unbiased. Im happy if you show up to the track with anything that moves. Beyond the durability issues, these trucks are equals. As I've said it before, it's apples to apples.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.