Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Rentals

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

DO NOT try to do this at a local track that is attached to a hobby shop you don't own. Bad politics....

$35 / hour is WAAAY too high.

Deposit of any kind may scare people off.

There is a track near here that rents out vehicles. SC10s I believe.
Can't quite remember exactly what they charge (think it's $30 which covers car, and track time on an indoor facility) but the first part broken is fixed free and any parts after that are either paid for by the customer or their time is up.

You can't be asking for deposits, charging extra for "small" jumps, charging more for "real" tracks, etc. Just gonna frustrate people and make em go somewhere else. That would turn out to be what, $60+ for a track thing after deposit? What kid has that much cash to waste in a single hour?

I think the idea is great but any more than $20 out of someone's pocket total and they are either gonna be a kid who can't afford that much or an adult who will just spend the extra $125-$175ish and buy their own truck.

Would love to hear how this progresses for you though so keep us updated and good luck!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Traxxas had this exact thing going on at the sno cross races they sponsered this winter.
They had a large inflated oval open to the gound in the middle and 2 jumps.
The kids stood on the outside to drive 3 trucks at a time and I think 1 marshall inside.
I would say they had 1800nimh bateries and when it died your turn was up.
It looked like something you could easily set up in a back yard for birthday parties.
I would think a party price would be about the same as the large bounce houses ($350 around here) but would require a person to tend cars and marshall, where as the bounce house is setup/leave/return to pickup.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

It looked like something you could easily set up in a back yard for birthday parties
Thats an interesting idea
Old 03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

but would require a person to tend cars and marshall
That would be an awsome summer job...
Old 03-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Keeping them in a inflated ring whould help keep the broken parts to a min.

Also keep in mind work parties and what not.. older people would get a kick out of it as well.. but with older people a lap counter would almost be a must the keep it fun.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The inflated ring is not a bad idea. I actually drove a stampede in the ring like that when Traxxas was in town. But I don't think theirs was big enough for someone to eventually transition to a track. If you were just looking for entertainment purposes then it might suffice.