Track bags / haulers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not in the FatMax.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Initiate

I use a Trinity 1/8 pit bag. (one shown is not mine, but same model)
It's a nice enough bag, but I have had nothing but problems with it. The drawers (among other things) are a nightmare to open and close.
Attached Thumbnails Track bags / haulers-large_23_t8racingbag.jpg  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For bicycling in yu could try the Bob trailer . It hooks up to the back of the bike and holds plenty, there usually used for touring. I have the racers edge bag, its held up ok , but I have a few complaints about it. When you take the extension handle out it leaves a hole for things to fall out. No removable tool holder, there is one built into the bag, but does not come out.

Dynodan22
Old 03-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tsan
I use a Trinity 1/8 pit bag. (one shown is not mine, but same model)
It's a nice enough bag, but I have had nothing but problems with it. The drawers (among other things) are a nightmare to open and close.
I have the same bag with the same problem. I fixed the issue by trimming off 1/4 " off the back top of the drawer. Drawers open and close alot easier.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
does the car fit in it?
In my FatMax: Depending on what car you have and what you want to carry in it. I can easily fit either my RB5 or ZX5 (not my Slash) in the bottom compartment if I choose not to carry either my transmitter bag or the large parts tub in there. I haven't tried it, but I could probably carry one of the cars in the top compartment if I didn't have the two parts trays in there. I might be able to shuffle one of those to the bottom and not carry the other... So obviously, it does depend what you choose to carry and how you want to carry it, but yes, it can hold 1/10 scale cars.

1/8 scale? I have no experience but you might fit one in the bottom compartment with out wheels... But maybe not..

Right now, I use the fatmax for "tools & stuff" and use a duffel (with a cardboard box in it) to carry the cars in.

-jlt
Old 06-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRUNKENMASTER
Originally Posted by agarabaghi
wow i really like that backpack one!
Originally Posted by SNIPR
Yes but $231 US is way too much for me...
Just got it delivered today (bought it 9 days ago) $280 AUD... upon initial inspection .....VERY good quality : on a par with high end camping backpacks and cheaper too and tailored for rc = good value for the price; leaves the Duratrax deluxe carry bag for dead
Old 06-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i was at the JBRL in Bakersfield this weekend and all the TLR guys had these cool hard plastic totes with wheels and i think collapsible handles as well, anybody know where to find them or know which ones i am talking about? (i wish i would have taken a pic now that i think about it)...
Old 06-21-2011, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xyzracer
i was at the JBRL in Bakersfield this weekend and all the TLR guys had these cool hard plastic totes with wheels and i think collapsible handles as well, anybody know where to find them or know which ones i am talking about? (i wish i would have taken a pic now that i think about it)...
Sounds like what I got at Walmart for 20 bucks. Check out their website and you will probably see it. Mine works great but I do not carry my truck in it.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xyzracer
I have on of these, and got it at Sears on sale for 19.95. Works so good, I went back to get another one a couple weeks ago and they were all out of stock. they said it was a promotional item and weren't getting any more in.

I just checked and ebay has them for sale in a couple different configurations from $30.oo and up. They are called STOR deluxe rolling toolbox.

Last edited by nytryder; 06-21-2011 at 09:05 AM.