Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE diff/shock silicone for XRAY

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default AE diff/shock silicone for XRAY

Hi, the differential fluid of XRAY is 14,49$ for 35 ml (10,000 cst - XRA359310 ) and Team Associated 2oz (50 ml) is 3.69$ (10,000 cst - ASC5455).

I think I will use AE, I think there is no such a big difference in silicone quality. Someone tried?

Also same for shock oil (600cst = 45 wt 14,49$ vs 3,29$)

Last edited by smashwings; 03-09-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

There is a difference in how they rate the weight for the oils. CST ratings are more consistent than WT. If you compare Associated 35wt to Losi 35wt, they aren't the same. There's a chart somewhere that someone made showing the differences and how they fall under the CST rating. I've always run Associated oils but as I run out, I'm replacing them with PT Racing oils. Cheaper, comes in a larger bottle 4oz, uses CST rather than weight, and quality seems to be right there with every other top brand or maybe even a little better. To top it off, the guy that owns it is a local racer and I'm all about supporting the locals.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smashwings
Hi, the differential fluid of XRAY is 14,49$ for 35 ml (10,000 cst - XRA359310 ) and Team Associated 2oz (50 ml) is 3.69$ (10,000 cst - ASC5455).

I think I will use AE, I think there is no such a big difference in silicone quality. Someone tried?

Also same for shock oil (600cst = 45 wt 14,49$ vs 3,29$)
Originally Posted by pickle311
There is a difference in how they rate the weight for the oils. CST ratings are more consistent than WT. If you compare Associated 35wt to Losi 35wt, they aren't the same. There's a chart somewhere that someone made showing the differences and how they fall under the CST rating. I've always run Associated oils but as I run out, I'm replacing them with PT Racing oils. Cheaper, comes in a larger bottle 4oz, uses CST rather than weight, and quality seems to be right there with every other top brand or maybe even a little better. To top it off, the guy that owns it is a local racer and I'm all about supporting the locals.
All of Team Associated's new shock oils are manufactured for AE by Lucas Oil (excellent quality and consistency) and are labeled in Wt. and CST.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I use associated diff oils. Good stuff. I'll probably switch to their shock oil too now if they are going to be labeling it in CST.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
All of Team Associated's new shock oils are manufactured for AE by Lucas Oil (excellent quality and consistency) and are labeled in Wt. and CST.
Here are a compatibilty table measuring viscosity with a rheometer between various brands

xray 600 cst is equivalent to 35wt associated more or less, I had a table more exact than this one but could know where now

3w.twf8.ws/php/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=175

3w.rctech.net/forum/attachments/electric-road/468987d1245915795-300-shock-oil-equal-what-wt-shockoils-comparison.jpg

(can't post images or url's yet, someone could if they want)