Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Are Jammin and Hyper different companys? >

Are Jammin and Hyper different companys?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Jammin and Hyper different companys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Don't forget about the Losi Ten-scte!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

yeh but im thinking about maybe going with the TT as it would suite me so well
Old 03-02-2011, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Check out youtube on both these trucks, both look great. I did this and chose the Jammin SCRT10, mainly for the layout. I like how the RX is mounted, the receiver in an enclosed box to keep all the trash out.
The ESC sits off the chassis in the middle, also helping to keep trash out of the fan. Another thing is the Jammin has nice and tall stone guards that meet the full width of the body, thus also helping to keep debris out. But thats just me, I use my 4X4 for more than just racing so it needs to be basher freindly too.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok Hyper 10sc a smoother type of truck throught the corners and has alot of stability you can make the car aggressive but needs the work, on loose and loamy tracks it goes out and takes it like a truggy more drifty and fun to drive truck is tough as I have dunked many times on it's nose off of very big jumps with Novak power, of some upgrades parts help that to keep the trucj together in runs like rear uprights and front top plate from STRC.

Jammin STRC as more aggressive start style from the start and likes the smaller indoor tracks with high bite, you would go the opposite if you need to calm it down for some more stability, it needs a little more finess to complete a race as it's finicky of the boards and pipes so stay between the lines but of course hop also make for the stronger truck. It might seem like it jitters alot and lloks like it's on top of the track rather than digging in for traction but the trucks picks up speed and keeps it's pace with the rest of the field. Shocks feel like they are too small for truck of this size but they do work, big bores will even improve the truck but not needed as Chad Bradley runs on the stock shocks, he said he tried BB's but the trucks aggressive cornering went away and changed back.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:08 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

If you're still thinking about the Jammin, I have one for sale here. Handles great, and it's a fun car to race. I put a bunch of hop ups on it, but it also comes with many of the original parts if you want to get it back to the stock set up.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-upgrades.html
Old 03-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Oh and for TT it has whole new drive from the SC as it makes some good corner speed and acceleration with 540 power. It has the combo of full truggy style driving on outdoor tracks and a more smoother 1/10th driving skill on indoor tracks. I have fun on both tracks when it comes to driving just a tire switch from Barcodes on indoor to stock tires outside.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

If you have a video fo your OFNA ride on Youtube please send me the link so I can review and maybe post it on our OFNAfan.com website. We wanna have bashers,crashers and racers in their OFNA's tearing it up. Bring it, Titans, DM-1's, GTP's, Dominators, Pirates or even old school Colts if you got a vid send it to me at [email protected].